Japanese Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:23 pm
I now hold in my hands what we have every reason to believe is a functioning Japanese Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc. As you may or may not be aware, with this disc, I will be able to obtain a legit Celebi. In fact, multiple legit Celebi. The only disadvantage, of course, is that the name will be stuck in Japanese, but weighing that against the fact that this will be a legit Celebi...

Unfortunately, I'm not making a big, huge announcement yet. I still have a lot of preparations to do before I can play. For example, although I have the power adapter, I still don't have a Japanese Gamecube, nor do I have the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum. Those were ordered for me but have yet to arrive.

Plus, before I play through the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum, I'm going to go through the US Pokemon Colosseum, but I need a Player's Guide before I'll do that (so I can take notes.) I've ordered this.

As for the Japanese Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, that has been ordered as well, but they aren't in yet.

The "cost" of a Celebi will be entirely dependent on many factors, and I probably won't have a Celebi for the next few weeks, but knowing that possibility exists on the horizon is good to pass on to y'all. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:37 pm
*fanfares and claps can be heard* Yeay.
Now we shall wait painfuly for the announcement, of the day we can ask for Celebii in trades, from Nadian. yeay

*sits painfully waiting**falls asleep waiting*

PS. wow thats a lot of thing your getting. Dedication to Legit has no limit
Can you play the 3rd gen in normal GBA or do you need the Jap GBA...  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:53 pm
Goddess Lia
*fanfares and claps can be heard* Yeay.
Now we shall wait painfuly for the announcement, of the day we can ask for Celebii in trades, from Nadian. yeay

*sits painfully waiting**falls asleep waiting*

PS. wow thats a lot of thing your getting. Dedication to Legit has no limit
Can you play the 3rd gen in normal GBA or do you need the Jap GBA...

According to Play-Asia (the site I'm ordering hardware from) I should be able to use a US GBA (no region coding.) smile

I'll be experimenting a bit to make sure the bits and pieces of information I've heard aren't just the experiments of somebody without proper hardware and naive assumptions. When I'm done, I want to be able to completely understand every single nook and cranny of this bonus disc!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:09 am
japanese celebi eh?

well i prefer to see my pokemon's name and read it, but Celebi is an awesome poke altogether

and a rare type-match up

of all tpye Grass/Psyhcic is rare because only exeggutor's family and celebi have it

as is Kingdra / palkia
Dialga
Giratina
and Heartran

thena again te not-so-uber-as-they-are-said-to-be Lati line are a rare type as well

((not so uber - Ubers, no matter what, cannot be used in battle tower, the lati pokes can be used in b-tower, thus they are demi-uber))  

Ragnius

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 am
Aww Heck
japanese celebi eh?

well i prefer to see my pokemon's name and read it, but Celebi is an awesome poke altogether

and a rare type-match up

of all tpye Grass/Psyhcic is rare because only exeggutor's family and celebi have it

as is Kingdra / palkia
Dialga
Giratina
and Heartran

thena again te not-so-uber-as-they-are-said-to-be Lati line are a rare type as well

((not so uber - Ubers, no matter what, cannot be used in battle tower, the lati pokes can be used in b-tower, thus they are demi-uber))

It's possible that Latios and Latias might be allowed in Standard Play in the future as long as they're not using Soul Dew.

So, yeah, demi-uber would be a good description. Definitely Uber with the help of Soul Dew but without... well, we're not too sure. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 am
Nadian
Aww Heck
japanese celebi eh?

and a rare type-match up

as is Kingdra / palkia
Dialga
Giratina
and Heartran

It's possible that Latios and Latias might be allowed in Standard Play in the future as long as they're not using Soul Dew.

So, yeah, demi-uber would be a good description. Definitely Uber with the help of Soul Dew but without... well, we're not too sure. sweatdrop

thats is where everyone gets msitaken : SOUL DEW
it's just like a Drago or Mind plate for them but works both ways, and those plated power up a move's ATK by so many odd % values, sould dew may work on the exact stat, but only the % value boosted would be based on the move in question

i've always used a Soul Dew Latias - for two reasons - Latias cuase it's red and Crimson is my fave color, and plus the SpDEF is moderately okay, when compared to her pal Latios

soul dewing them jsut makes them hit harder in an easier situation, but being legends they do hit hard anyways...thus the 'soul dew make them ubers' concept

if they are uber with SD
then this is uber too:
Technician ability adamant scizor - maximum ATK possible
Fury cutter
holding a metronome item
technician boost FC to 15, then FC double to 30, but gets the boost from the item, making it mor like 40 from 15 then 90 from 40

and metronome, far as i know keeps working, so once FC maxes, Metro will keep it raising - thats uber

jsut like acharge-beam jirachi -- way uber with sp atk nature

though ican see how powering your pokes up will make it such that they are uber

My definition of 'uber' - you cant use them AT ALL in the BT - if you can then they arent uber  

Ragnius

Insane King Wasabi

Invisible Lunatic

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:08 pm
you must be exited. well that will be nice a legit celebi.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:33 pm
Aww Heck
Nadian
Aww Heck
japanese celebi eh?

and a rare type-match up

as is Kingdra / palkia
Dialga
Giratina
and Heartran

thats is where everyone gets msitaken : SOUL DEW
it's just like a Drago or Mind plate for them but works both ways, and those plated power up a move's ATK by so many odd % values, sould dew may work on the exact stat, but only the % value boosted would be based on the move in question

i've always used a Soul Dew Latias - for two reasons - Latias cuase it's red and Crimson is my fave color, and plus the SpDEF is moderately okay, when compared to her pal Latios

soul dewing them jsut makes them hit harder in an easier situation, but being legends they do hit hard anyways...thus the 'soul dew make them ubers' concept

if they are uber with SD
then this is uber too:
Technician ability adamant scizor - maximum ATK possible
Fury cutter
holding a metronome item
technician boost FC to 15, then FC double to 30, but gets the boost from the item, making it mor like 40 from 15 then 90 from 40

and metronome, far as i know keeps working, so once FC maxes, Metro will keep it raising - thats uber

jsut like acharge-beam jirachi -- way uber with sp atk nature

though ican see how powering your pokes up will make it such that they are uber

My definition of 'uber' - you cant use them AT ALL in the BT - if you can then they arent uber

I think you're understating the power of Soul Dew. It is nothing like a Draco or Mind Plate. Those raise the damage of a specific type of attack by 20%, but only that specific attack. Soul Dew raises the actual Special Attack stat by 50%. This basically means that Soul Dew are just as powerful as Choice Specs without the downside. Even more, the Special Attack isn't the only thing boosted, Special Defense is also boosted by 50%. A Soul Dew is essentially a free Calm Mind, but since it's not really a Calm Mind, following it up with a Calm Mind is monsterous.

By comparison, a Latias would normally have these base stats:

HP: 80
Attack: 80
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 130
Speed: 110

But, while holding a Soul Dew (and using the standard Calm Mind set), its base stats would be comparable to a pokemon with these base stats:

HP: 80
Attack: 80
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 186
Special Defense: 204
Speed: 110

There are no pokemon with a Special Attack stat anywhere near that high, and the only pokemon with more Special Defense is Shuckle at 230. And that's without any setup. Boost it with a Calm Mind and its actual level 100 stats would be (assuming perfect IVs and appropriate EV spread):

HP: 333
Attack: 176
Defense: 216
Special Attack: 690
Special Defense: 666
Speed: 330

That's something like an Aerodactyl pulling off a Swords Dance except with much better type coverage and monsterous special defensive capability.

Edit: Or perhaps I completely misunderstood what you were trying to say...  

Nadian
Crew

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces