Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Need info on the in-game-traded Abra

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ragnius

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:20 am
Oaky, I'm sure Nadian Know the answer but i'll go ahead and post the question so that thus forth if anyone else has te problem it's here for them

i got the Abra from the girl in Orebough City,
the nic-name is Kazza,
and i got mine at level 5

i taught it psychic and then i took it all they way up to lv15 against nothing but 2 or three budew a Lv using a power lens and pokerus

what i'd like to know: is it full EVed of does it need some more work?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:02 am
Depends on whether it was closer to 2 or 3 per battle. You didn't mention whether or not you used vitamins, which also makes a huge difference.

Unsurprisingly, my guess that Budew gives 1 Special Attack EV was right on, so the math is nice and simple:

(EV + Lens) * Pokerus = EV gained per Budew
(1 + 4) * 2 = 10

252 EVs is max, 252 / 10 is 25.2, meaning you need 26 Budew to max out the Special Attack. I'll leave it up to you to decide how many more you need to battle.  

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:04 pm
for levels 5-10 it was 2 Budews,
for levels 10-16 it was three

so 6X3 = 18
+
5X2 =10
=
28?

looks like the Stached Mindbomb is maxed i guess, seieng as you siad 26...

so Power items ad 4 evs to their respective stat?
hmm...now thats something i can use, - that at least doubles any EV gain you get

okay, now sicne he was at lv 5 when i got him,
and he's currently a kadabra at 16 - and has 67 Special ATK, but will be evolved, how's he looking?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:57 pm
Aww Heck
for levels 5-10 it was 2 Budews,
for levels 10-16 it was three

so 6X3 = 18
+
5X2 =10
=
28?

looks like the Stached Mindbomb is maxed i guess, seieng as you siad 26...

so Power items ad 4 evs to their respective stat?
hmm...now thats something i can use, - that at least doubles any EV gain you get

okay, now sicne he was at lv 5 when i got him,
and he's currently a kadabra at 16 - and has 67 Special ATK, but will be evolved, how's he looking?

No clue. I don't know his nature nor his IVs. However, instead of asking for them I'd like to direct you to this page instead:

It's actually fairly simple to use in your case. Basically, fill in the following fields:

Under "Pokemon Species" put Kadabra, Abra, or Alakazam (whatever he is right now, which I believe you said is a Kadabra)

Under "Nature" type in his nature.

Enter his current Level into the "Level" box

In the "EP" row under the "Sp.Atk" column, type in "252" (the EVs, of course.)

In the green "Individual Values" table, put a number between 0 and 31 in the "Sp.Atk" field (ignore the word "Average")

Now, when you click the "Calculate Stats" button in the lower-right, a bunch of numbers will appear in the "Calculated Stats" table. The number directly beneath "Sp.Atk" is what his Special Attack would be if his IV was whatever you set it to and his EVs are 252.

For example, if I assume it has a Modest nature, is level 16, a Kadabra, and has a 31 Special Attack IV, I get 63 Special Attack. However, if I assume the nature is Adamant and it has a 0 Special Attack IV, I get a 47.

Nadian
Crew

Ragnius

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:33 am
Nadian
For example, if I assume it has a Modest nature, is level 16, a Kadabra, and has a 31 Special Attack IV, I get 63 Special Attack. However, if I assume the nature is Adamant and it has a 0 Special Attack IV, I get a 47.

well, it's Quiet Nature + Highly Curious character trait, and as you said above when at level 16 as Kadabra it'd be 63 - it was so i evolved him in a trade and began leveling him unitl his special reached 100
- and at level 25 it's special attack is 103

so assuming my understnading is right from what you've told me i'd assume he's been maxed eh?

if so, wow, i maxed him before he evolved ocne - oh this rocks!
i have a Maxed Palkia(technically) and a Maxed Alakazam  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff