Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Obligatory poll. Have some gold.
  Why, thank you.
  *takes gold and runs*
View Results

Prodigal Daughter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 am
So, I do commission sewing work sometimes. I decorated a tree-skirt about six months ago. The payment was supposed to be $51, which I just realized I never got, but I have no doubt that the failure to pay was unintentional. I would really like the money, but I need to be really nice about asking, for this simple reason:

The 'client' was my grandmother.

This is why I'm so sure it was accidental, and why it was even possible-- I didn't ship the skirt off, but simply left it with her when I went to visit her for the holidays. Given it's my gram, I would just let it slide, but I kind of need the money for a purchase I've been saving for for a year.

How do I ask? Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:28 pm
*Conversation starts*

"Oh, *grandma's name*, I just realized something."

"What?"

"When I made you that christmas skirt, I forgot about the payment. Not to hassle you or anything, but I've been saving up for something for about a year. I hope you understand."

Meh, I try.  

Fake Aorta

5,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Anabethe

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:35 pm
yup i think that's the way to go. i don't think that she will get angry at you or for asking for the money.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:23 pm
I think you shouldn't ask for money, she is family. It is not like you are starving, you are saving to buy a car.  

shani26

DvnT

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:39 pm
I would go something like this:
"Hi Gramma!"
"Hello *whatever name she calls you*"
*Talk politely with her for a bit*
[when she asks how youve been/what youve been doing]"Ive been saving for *whatever your saving fore* recently, actually. I wanted to make sure, did you pay me for the Tree-skirt?"

Vwoula! And miraculously you may have the money within "5 to 7 buisness days"... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:01 am
R D of Pimphis
*Conversation starts*

"Oh, *grandma's name*, I just realized something."

"What?"

"When I made you that christmas skirt, I forgot about the payment. Not to hassle you or anything, but I've been saving up for something for about a year. I hope you understand."

Meh, I try.

Yeah, i agree, u just ask, I mean she's not going 2 bite ur head off and then ignore u, I mean u worked hard and she should pay at least half of the money, u did work on it and u probily did a good job on it  

hazel843

Kami-no Serperoth

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:56 pm
Use a gun. Or a knife... Oh right... Granma... Ask for the money politely, like you would ask a friend or sth. If that fails, call the mafia... razz  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games