Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
The ALMOST idiot-proof question (New Question on August 15) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Brothers or Little Sisters?
  Brothers
  Sisters
  Both
  Neither
  Gold!!!
View Results

Inkset Memorii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:36 pm
Manga 3nodding

If you look hard enough, there's quite a few that have really good story lines (ex. D.Gray-man, .hack, Pita-Ten...). Plus, I just heart the art; it's realistic enough to make them look like a person, but comic enough to be twisted into intense emotions, many of which are hilarious.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:38 pm
I prefer manga. I like the different cultural nuances that you see, and also some of the amusing exaggerated expressions that you see. Along with that, they have lots of entertaining story lines  

Zzyli

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:21 pm
Manga. Definitely manga. It has more realistic storyline...even with fantasy aspects. It's not just good vs evil/pointless like a lot of comic books. Besides, I love the art in manga way more. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:13 pm
Nano_Quill
Plus, I just heart the art; it's realistic enough to make them look like a person, but comic enough to be twisted into intense emotions, many of which are hilarious.

i agree, manga.

often in comic books the detail is too much and it just looks horrible.
manga has a nice balance between real life and fantasy *nodnod*  

duckies-and-doggies

8,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Toast Is Me

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:27 pm
Dearest Sweetheart

Comic Books or Manga?
Explain.

For me, this really depends on where one draws the line between comics and graphic novels. I don't conciser them one in the same. I generally prefer graphic novels to western comics and manga.

I do read a lot of manga, too. Sometimes, I just am in the mood for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:14 am
For me I prefer manga. I love the art style and the storylines are more varied and easier to relate to (Although I'm reading Fruits Basket at the moment and can relate to most of it, Tohru just baffles me with her constant humbleness, but I hear that's a pretty common trait in the Japanese....).

I've read a couple of my boyfriend's comics the theme's pretty much the same, "Truth! Justice! and the American way!" (Whatever "The American Way" is....)

There's been so many times where I've asked my boyfriend a simple question about a comic book character and he'll usually start the answer with "It depends which version you're going off...."

I've yet to read a manga where there's a million different alternate realilties going on at once. With manga, there tends to only be the one author. (manga-ka)
one author=one story=easier to follow=more enjoyment. At least that's what I think....  

BabycakesFTW

Bani Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:22 am
I'd say manga, because I prefer the style of art.
Btw, my favorite mangas are:
V.B. Rose - fantastic art, and... bishi.
Gakuen Alice - even though it's about kids, it's cute, and I like mangas that take place at schools.
Dramacon - as a manga fan, this was my first love (lol).
Nana - it takes twists and turns just like life does.

Most of my friends would disagree. They say manga's format is hard to understand.

BUT. My Japanese friend said manga and comic books are pretty much the same thing.
What do YOU think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:52 pm
Comics for the win for sure.
Millions of diffrent art styles, writing styles, charactors are diverse and nothing is always predictable. There are thousands if not more comic styles and types out there.
Most of those who assume what they are about comics clearly have not read many or know of many.
I would bet I can guess the age of those who vote manga.  

Auroura-lamia

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 am
Auroura-lamia
Comics for the win for sure.
Millions of diffrent art styles, writing styles, charactors are diverse and nothing is always predictable. There are thousands if not more comic styles and types out there.
Most of those who assume what they are about comics clearly have not read many or know of many.
I would bet I can guess the age of those who vote manga.

Alright guess how old I am! blaugh And no peeking at my profile!

I think you'd probably guess wrong, but I'd understand if ya did....
I think comics are becoming less popular now because they're associated with superheroes and stuff and those types of stories started way back in the forties....people like being able to start stories from the beginning. Which is why I prefer comic book movies! (My boyfriend's always going on at me about the movie adaptations and thier mistakes! rolleyes )  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:40 am
Wee little sisters, i get along with girls more then the guys  

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:45 pm
I have two little sisters and a little brother (who, when he was a baby, I was a teenager, and people gave me dirty looks when I was with him, thinking I was his mother). I guess I don't really even have a preference.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff