Stuff that will save you in highschool. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Timeless Moment

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:07 pm
mistique_knight
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

make an alliance!
kick bullies out of your way
and never let anyone make you feel inferior

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We were complete opposites and it worked. And something happened between us that was not part of the plan...

:3 I agree! It worked for me, and now I'm a freshman in college.
..we were in love.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:28 am
i have one thing to add on if u have a crappy teacher (yeas there are such things as crappy teachers) talk to ur counseler if ur couseler sucks go over their head and talk to the principal. if ur principal sucks go over there head and talk to the board. i had a crappy counseler and i didn't go straight to the principal and eneded up having to change schools  

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:31 pm
i didn't agree with the erasable pens recomendadtion. i have found them to smear and explode more than regular pens. (they smear and fade more than pencils too)

please, NEVER buy a roller backpack. i've seen people get made fun of for having one, and there are better things to use than those.

in my experience, i have found that sophmore was the hardest academically, and junior year was the hardest socially.

PASS ALL YOUR CLASSES THE FIRST TIME i can't stress this enough--you don't want to be the senior stuck in the freshman english class, it's not worth the humiliation.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:00 pm
Im a junior in highschool, and I disprove all of the things you say will save me

I have not ONCE carried a backpack, or put my stuff in someone elses. Its called find a way to get to your locker at some point (halfway) through the day and trade off.

I dont use my planner, either. Useless.
I carry 1 pencil, and one pin + a notebook.

I havent ever eaten breakfast, either.
Makes me sick as hell.

I run off of 2-3 hours of sleep a night, no joke.
I go to bed between 2-3 and wake up at 5am everyday.

My ride = schoolbus . Noone is gonna say s**t when they find out they can save abazillion dollars on gas and a parking space (:

bf/gfs - dont date someone from your school!

that is how I get straight As

Erynnari

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:33 pm
hippie34
i have one thing to add on if u have a crappy teacher (yeas there are such things as crappy teachers) talk to ur counseler if ur couseler sucks go over their head and talk to the principal. if ur principal sucks go over there head and talk to the board. i had a crappy counseler and i didn't go straight to the principal and eneded up having to change schools
i really agree with this. i've had bad teachers and i didn't say anything and ended up failing classes because of them (one would do nothing but scream about how stupid we were, and another made everything into arts and crafts time). speak up about bad teachers, because i garauntee that there's a better one out there who will teach you what you need.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm
Hi you need a few edits here and there. First of all high school is NOT scary. Your first day might be, mine wasn't but it was the first year of a brand new school combining 3 schools i never went to. but after the first day you'll get over it. Actually my first day was funny, the teachers didn't even know where there classrooms where.

let's get started.

BACKPACK = useful,but not a life saver(what do you think your locker is for?)
Now the laptop packs are my preference too, however only because they hurt your back less, put all your books in there and you'll have sore shoulders, trust me it's best to carry a few(you can carry them in your arm that way your hands are still free), or leave them in your locker at least for classes your going to have to go near to your locker to get to anyway. Not sure what the nakpins and first aid kits about, the cafeteria has nakins, you'll find a first aid kit in the health center. And if your shirt or pants rip, there are sewing needles and therad in the family studies lab.

Next, your not going to need a graphing calculator unless your taking calculus. Graphing classed don't last very long and the school has calculators they sign out to you. A scientific calculator on the other hand, you will need.They also cost alot less, no since spending money on something you'll never use again after highschool.

Now i high school, other then math class and art,your not going to need very many pencils, just make sure you have at least a few extra sharpened ones. Mechanical pencils are good to but make sure you also have a regular pencil, in case your mechanical pencil breaks, or you don't notice that you are running out of lead. Also notebooks you will never need. Your going to have binders anyway just make sure there is looseleaf in them, i put a divider in mine and put unused looseleaf behind it so i would always no when it was time to put more in. that way i avoided having to borrow from classmates(for this is very annoying). your part about having an eraser seems pretty obvious but i guess some people might need that part.On the other hand be sure to carry whiteout with you. also put it in a plastic bag, cause it might break.

Never and I mean Never carry a planner,unless you are very forgetful in which case you probably forgot to bring it anyway. These are a waste of space. Write everything you need to do down on a paper in the front of a binder you know you'll need to take home. I almost always had homework in math cause it was my worst subject so i wrote everything in there. If there was a test or something I would write it in my calander when I got home. That way I'd remember to study not write it in a planner and forget all about it until I opened it up to write something else down.

COMING TO SCHOOL

As for the style part, just be yourself. That way all your friends won't dissappear from around you when you leave highschool. All my close highschool friends i'm still friends with. I even room with two of them (of course one is my boyfriend so I guess he doesn't count)

STUDYING

Okay first of all only eat breakfast if you can. Many,Many people get sick becaue there stomachs can't take food in the morning. I drank carnation breakfasts,actually i still do cause my stomach still hates me. You don't have to go to bed at 9:30 that's silly, just go to bed in an amout of time you know will be enough for you to be awake in the morning. Also depending on when you have to get up in relation to your bus and when you get to school in relation to when it starts. I went to bed at 10 or 11 most nights, and got up around 7. However if I was tired. I had almost an hour before classes started that I could sleep in the libary.

Gf's and Bf's

Funny most of the people I know who were in relationships in highschool either still are or it lasted 2 years after highschool(but ended because the distance was too much).

abusive people? you mean bullies? if they make fun of you stand your ground smile at them, laugh at them. It will make them really mad, it's hilarious they will be upset they can't get to you and huff and walk away. Eventually they will just leave you be.AVOIDING them is not the answer, this will cause them to seek you out(Person who originally wrote this, have you gone to high school yet? razz )

PASSTIMES
Go party if you want to, just don't drink so much that you lose all thought. I didn't really go to any drinking ones. Other then my boyfriends grad prom party. There are many fun parties that don't involve drinking.

of course it isn't a battle field,realiving stress and anger pretty much a given. Do whatever works for you write,paint,walk,swim...

DEALING WITH FRIENDS

Okay if you don't want to be friends with someone don't be afraid to just walk away. don't isolate yourself from everyone either,but you don't have to be friends with everyone who says hi to you

For Band people X3.

your in band class yay you! Now perform a good show at the talent show. so it isn't all tourture of people who think they can dance or sing.

why thank you for the permission hope everyone enjoys my edited version.  

revampedfallenangel

1,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

revampedfallenangel

1,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:25 pm
G0d_0f_R0ck

Right if you have a crappy teacher, your probably just going to have to deal with it.

I had a chem teacher who gave us work to do, left classroom came back 2 mins later and gave us the answers (before we had a chance to do them). Then assigned the rest for homework and left the classroom again. i got a 34 on that exam somehow i came out of it with a 60.lol,morale of story do your homework even if you know your doing it wrong. all the multi choice on tests prob helped to  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:30 pm
xxtaintedlips
i totally agree with you. that and dont procrastinate and try your best on EVERYTHING because this is your building block for college. And college is the real deal, they use your grades to determine your eligebility for jobs.

they only look at your grades for 11&12 years  

revampedfallenangel

1,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers