Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
~D: Nyagh! Where are the D.gray-man fans?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

&&
  ++
View Results

Toontastic

O.G. Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:15 pm
Anime... Manga.... I expected to see at least on topic on this series. ~O: Seriously guys, it's a great series if you haven't read it.
(I'd say watched but the beginning of the anime is terrible unless you've been through some of the manga first)

Anywhooot, Discuss, fanrave, be negative[criticize?] or questionable. It's all great as long as it's related to the topic. sweatdrop
The magical wikipedia page for DGM

Fo' shame that there are no topics on the series and there are many suggesting it. ~
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:49 am
haha xD i've still got to catch up on the anime but i read the manga scanlations :3

i thought that the anime was pretty well done. Although i still much prefer the manga.

It seems like there's only going to be one or maybe two more story arcs. Which is still a lot of story since they're in the 160's now chapter wise. But i think that it'll be for the best. The past couple chapters have been cute, but fluffy(koumorin drug or somesuch? o.O ehh~?)

i like that they've built up lavi's role and that bookman is making him realize what his role is. It definitely adds tension to the story. I'm also interested to see how Linali's new innocence is :3 of course i don't want to go into a lot since i don't want to ruin the story for the people that haven't gotten as far ^,^;; there's still a lot of backstory that i'm interested in >,< -rolls around-

i want linalixallen even though i <3 lavi haha xD i also want mirandaxkrory xD haha  

Ryoruki

Xx p3ngu1n

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:33 pm
Finally, a topic about D-Grayman :'D

I prefer the manga over the anime. Other than the fact that me having dial-up restricts me from watching the anime, I just think that the manga is more straightforward and has less extras (less extras = less confusing and it gets the plot somewhere). But I'm not bashing the anime or anything. I think it's funny how Bookman slaps Lavi (but poor Lavi T-T)

I think the recent manga chapters are kinda dramatic, yet amusing in a way (I hope that doesn't give too much away)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:41 pm
I really prefer the manga; don't ask me why. The obsession's gotten to the point that I actually am holding myself back from the anime until I've read that part in the manga (which is kinda bad since I'm writing a fanfic and need all the info I can get). I'm about...uh, twenty or so episodes back from the newest one.

But I just bought Volume 8 yesterday and read it today, so...(holds in fangirl squeals and spoilers)

Edit: Actually, it was volume 9...  

Inkset Memorii

Loves True Nature

Agile Survivor

3,900 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm
LAVI!!! or whatever you call him like Rabi, Raby, Lavy, Lavi ect. I LOVE HIM!!!! heart
I also like Kanda and Allen!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:25 pm
Nano_Quill
I really prefer the manga; don't ask me why. The obsession's gotten to the point that I actually am holding myself back from the anime until I've read that part in the manga (which is kinda bad since I'm writing a fanfic and need all the info I can get). I'm about...uh, twenty or so episodes back from the newest one.

But I just bought Volume 8 yesterday and read it today, so...(holds in fangirl squeals and spoilers)

Edit: Actually, it was volume 9...

D': I want volume nine... what's your penname on ff.net? (Wonders of she's been reading it)

@Silly-love-songs: I believe we all love them. <3 I've only recently liked Kanda though, since I refused to declare being a fan of him until he clocked in some words other than "Tch" and "Moyashi" or something of those lines. xD

@Xx Pengu: Yes, yes. >D A topic has now been created! (Maniac laugh) Are you reading the manga by book releases or online?

@Ryoruki: The anime BOOKED it after it stopped the filler arc. O_o;; why, the Ark arc is over halfway done and nearing an end already! There might be more than one or two arcs, after Hoshino nearly drowns in her bathtub multiple times in a row while on haitus I'm sure many new things will come up. q:  

Toontastic

O.G. Member

Inkset Memorii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:26 pm
cartoonXlover

D': I want volume nine... what's your penname on ff.net? (Wonders of she's been reading it)

I'm 'Leaf and Quill' ^^ The story's called 'A Path of Leaves'...I think.

Oh, but I just finished episode 79 last night at 1:30 in the morning. Didn't want to wait until August to watch another 5 episodes or so, and so I just leapt ahead.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:45 pm
Nano_Quill
cartoonXlover

I'm 'Leaf and Quill' ^^ The story's called 'A Path of Leaves'...I think.

Oh, but I just finished episode 79 last night at 1:30 in the morning. Didn't want to wait until August to watch another 5 episodes or so, and so I just leapt ahead.
Ooo, I'm going to read that sometime. I won't be reviewing though, I use a DS. (Silly)

Err, I was wondering though, people keep talking about an episode where a Komurin malfunctions and starts putting make-up on all the B.O members... but I can't find the episode. D: I wunna watch it.
Anyone know the episode number?  

Toontastic

O.G. Member

Parisian Loafer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:00 pm
ZOMG YEY. *throws arms up in ecstasy*

I'm glad some people have finally started appreciating this series. I love the art style so much...

And Lavi. I love Lavi too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:07 pm
Yus, the art is really good *nod nod* I can't wait to see how the Ark arc (lol) is done in the manga (since I refuse to read it on the Internet), though the way the US is taking its merry time translating is driving me nuts.  

Inkset Memorii

Meroku-Hime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 pm
User Image

Manga= EPIC WIN
Though I think this is the only series where I didn't mind the fillers in the anime.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am
OMG SQWEE!

I freaking love D.gray-man. =D

one of the best animes out there so far that i have found/  

KeoKeo Glory

Rainbow Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Over Easy 100

ri-ba-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:54 am
Omg I love D. Gray Man!!! Sadly i haven't made it very far in the manga cry I got up to Volume 5. I've seen the first few episodes though, but since I have dial-up I don't get to see the rest. But from what i've seen I like the manga better! 3nodding

From what I heard FUNimation's doing the English Dub for it. It's supposed to be released in 2009...I'm hoping they don't make Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric) the voice actor for Allen, though, I just don't think it suits him very much. My opinion, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:42 pm
It's a great anime and wonderful manga. The humor mixed in with the fighting is a perfect combination.  

Legacy133

Arixa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:01 pm
I adore D. Gray-man! I'm up-to-date on the manga but have only seen the first episode of the anime. From what I watched though, I enjoyed it. I thought the voicing was well done. Allen sounded a lot like he does in my head! (Does that sound weird to you?)  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games