Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
NO LONGER UP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o_0Cookie_Freako_0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:15 am
UH I HOPE THIS TOPIC GETS DELETED CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:13 pm
Sad to say, I don't have much along the road of advice for you. I went through the exact same thing from 6th grade to 10th grade. I don't really know why it changed, it just did. When I studied adolescent psych in college, I attributed it to a change in focus. Around that time things changed, I had started being more active in school clubs and councils, art and programming classes and I didn't really have the energy to spare on the people who still called me a freak behind my back. I imagine when I go to my class reunion, they'll still be laughing at me, but I don't care. It's a mark of how immature they are, not how ackward I am.

So I guess I do have some advice: focus your energies elsewhere. Worry less about what everyone else is doing and focus on yourself. Be a little self-centered. And don't give them the satisfaction of getting a rise out of you. To use your example: if you dropped your pen and they kick it away, use another pen.

Hope that helps a little. And welcome to the Guild =^_^=

nytshad

nytshad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 am
Glad to help.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:51 pm
nytshad
Glad to help.

Yeah..Thanks and I forgot to say it's beyond high school sadly.  

o_0Cookie_Freako_0

nytshad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:52 am
I believe what I said holds true in the "real world" as well. When your focus and energies are elsewhere, you seem to become less of an easy target for the normies.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:21 pm
well if ur judged quickly then they r just jealous do u see any flaws with u?
im the same way with opening up even though i have tons of friends let ur randomness show and u might open up more and have a few more friends along the way.  

SasukeXSuigetsuXAnna

o_0Cookie_Freako_0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:30 am
deidaracookie12
well if ur judged quickly then they r just jealous do u see any flaws with u?
im the same way with opening up even though i have tons of friends let ur randomness show and u might open up more and have a few more friends along the way.

Yeah of course. But I don't let them get to my head, cause your flaws appear bigger in the mirror than on you. These are people on the outside looking in. and I don't really take a lot of the things that they say to heart.

I've always never been the one to open up, but to be quite honest I really thing no one really cares about my problems and I just kinda solve them on my own.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:46 pm
All I really know to say is... people are jerks. Like, a lot. So mostly you just have to ignore them and try not to let them get to you. I used to be the same way. People messed with me all the time. Finally, I got tired of being nice and started standing up for myself more. Now people are afraid to mess with me. ^-^ So don't let people get away with treating you like crap. Tell them how it's gonna be.
Sometimes being invisible can be a good thing... people don't bother you as much. If people bother you, then that's not being invisible... that's just being a victim of jerks. So, all you can really do is be a jerk back to them.

That... probably didn't help you much... ^^;; But I tried.  

The Lonesome Bagel

Captain- Ecnelis Daed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 pm
o_0Cookie_Freako_0
Hey this is my first thread in the guild, my first day in the guild, and my first post in the guild. so hello to all! It really is a shame that I come here with an issue on my first day.

I'm never one to open up about my issues ,cause I got a lot of em and I'm just not to into the "opening up thingy" it's kinda uncomfortable and awkward.
But anyways....,

I'm just sorta invisible to people, somewhat in a literal way and somewhat not. When I do finally get noticed I'm immediately judged and get looked at or treated like a freak or something.I've checked myself loads and try to find out why.

I already know the whole game on everyone isn't going to like you, but it's not literally like that. It feels like it though. I'M NOT SAY EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET ME. but I'll put it like this,
I drop my pen and instead of picking it up and handing it back to me they'll kick it and laugh. I'm not asking them to pick it up and give it to me, pat me on my back and kiss my head, but the least they can do is leave it on the ground. BUT when some one picks it up like I'm kinda weirded out, cause I was expecting the worst to always happen as always.

I do have a bestfriend and my sis(they're all I have). She goes through the same thing as me. Family isn't in the question cause we don't get along, and they really don't care. I really don't want them to know cause they're not the type to sit down and talk about it. It's just like a big " Oh, well. something must be wrong with you.", they'd never come around to be on my side or at least care (I don't care that they don't care either). and they don't know it's like this for me.

Now it's got to a point where I really don't care, I never did and never will start. But I just wanted an outside opinion on an outlook of my situation and maybe a bit of advice. I'm doing fine on my own but you know you can never really get it right.

One thing I regret from when I was in that part of life was that I didn't realize that your family really does care. 99/100 teenagers who think their parents don't care aren't correct in that assumption. As long as you give respect to your parents and family, help them out here and there, which is like the easiest done thing. It's harder to do it mentally than actually.

As long as you're willing to take that step towards your family, they'll always be willing to respect your opinion and help you out as much as they possibly can, and give you the best advice they can give.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:26 pm
ignore them all its that simple  

Vado ruggito

Ryebread_Eats_Legos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:29 pm
Be yourself and let everyone hate rofl proves your doing something right.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:07 pm
Ignore it and hang out with you're friends and just try to feel better  

EccentricArtistry

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers