I'm In Love With Him..And My Boyfriend Was A Cover-Up.[long]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll Whore?
  Yes.
  No.
  Either Way We're Getting Gold And Will Be Assumed To Be A Poll Whore.
View Results

iHorsetamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:48 am
Okay. Here's how it started:
I've been friends with this guy for about 3 years now. ((We'll call him 'B')) We're really close as friends, and I've always had a huge crush on him. He's not the greatest looking guy, but he isn't, like, ugly, you know?
Alright, all of my friends have known that I like him a lot and he knows too. We went out on a date to the movies a while ago, and it was great! But the problem was that he didn't ever act like it happened. He's in my first period class and we act all buddy-buddy everyday. (( We'll tease each other in class and give hugs and all that)) But after the date he ignored me. My best friend said that it might be because he was afraid he'd get all trash talked for going on a date with someone younger than he was. ((He was in 8th grade at the time, me in 7th))
But after a while everything was back to normal. I mean not buddy-buddy... More like, "Okay we're friends". And I didn't like it.

I guess that's all behind us now that school is over. I mean, he said to my best friend that he didn't want to go out with me because he was going to high school, and he would feel really bad about leaving me behind. And he also thought that if me and him broke up we'd end up hating each other and he didn't want that. I thought that that was so sweet, and I was blind to everything else for a while.

Alright... Now we put my ex-boyfriend into the picture.
This new boy at my school came in a few months before school was over and I had a little crush on him. ((We'll call him 'K')) He was cute. My friend also liked him. Oh great more drama.
It was like this: The new guy knew that I liked him and he asked me out... Sort of...
We were dating for about 4 weeks and then he dumped my a** through a message on myspace. I was totally pissed off at him for a while, and then I guess me made up? I'm still not totally sure.

Throughout this whole mess some friends of mine had been telling me that I still liked 'B' and that 'K' was a cover-up.
I'm not really sure, but something made me believe them.
You know how it is.. You love someone for 3 years and someone else comes in and you think that the first one is history..
Well I'm not so sure.

So here's where I need advice.
'B' has a girlfriend that I didn't know about. I sort of have a little tiny crush on him at the moment, and I was going to as him out over the summer, bu now I know that he has a girlfriend, and it crushed me...
I don't know what to do anymore.
I guess what I'm asking is whether I should tell 'B' that I still like him, and see if maybe when he and his girlfriend break up he'd like to give dating me a try.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 am
Firstly- if that's a picture of you in your sig, your avatar looks a lot like you! (Possibly not advice though).

Personally, I'd say that any guy who is in a relationship is off limits when it comes to saying that you like him. Guys are people too, and it would be really confusing to have someone say that you like them while you are dating someone else, especially if you were a little keen on each other before.

If you do still like him, or even think you do, you can always try to renew your friendship. This is a good way for 'B' to remember things that he liked about you, and as long as you don't try to drive a wedge between him and his current girlfriend, there is always a possibility that he may date you if things don't work out between them.  

Zzyli

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100

iHorsetamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:41 am
Lol, yeah that's me in my siggy.

I know what you mean about driving the two of them apart. And yeah, I really wouldn't want to confuse him while he's dating someone by saying that I still like him. . . . . . . But I am trying to make our friendship stronger, mostly because its been a little awkward between us lately.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:24 am
LoveIsForever22
I've been friends with this guy for about 3 years now. ((We'll call him 'B')) We're really close as friends, and I've always had a huge crush on him. He's not the greatest looking guy, but he isn't, like, ugly, you know?
Alright, all of my friends have known that I like him a lot and he knows too. We went out on a date to the movies a while ago, and it was great! But the problem was that he didn't ever act like it happened. He's in my first period class and we act all buddy-buddy everyday. (( We'll tease each other in class and give hugs and all that)) But after the date he ignored me. My best friend said that it might be because he was afraid he'd get all trash talked for going on a date with someone younger than he was. ((He was in 8th grade at the time, me in 7th))
But after a while everything was back to normal. I mean not buddy-buddy... More like, "Okay we're friends". And I didn't like it.

I guess that's all behind us now that school is over. I mean, he said to my best friend that he didn't want to go out with me because he was going to high school, and he would feel really bad about leaving me behind. And he also thought that if me and him broke up we'd end up hating each other and he didn't want that. I thought that that was so sweet, and I was blind to everything else for a while.

This new boy at my school came in a few months before school was over and I had a little crush on him. ((We'll call him 'K')) He was cute. My friend also liked him. Oh great more drama.
It was like this: The new guy knew that I liked him and he asked me out... Sort of...
We were dating for about 4 weeks and then he dumped my a** through a message on myspace. I was totally pissed off at him for a while, and then I guess me made up? I'm still not totally sure.

Throughout this whole mess some friends of mine had been telling me that I still liked 'B' and that 'K' was a cover-up.
You know how it is.. You love someone for 3 years and someone else comes in and you think that the first one is history..
Well I'm not so sure.

'B' has a girlfriend that I didn't know about. I sort of have a little tiny crush on him at the moment, and I was going to as him out over the summer, bu now I know that he has a girlfriend, and it crushed me...
I guess what I'm asking is whether I should tell 'B' that I still like him, and see if maybe when he and his girlfriend break up he'd like to give dating me a try.

First B shouldn't have cared what people thought if he went out with you. If someone cares about someone, friends or bf/gf, it don't matter what other people think. Also, leaving you behind should not have a factor if you two were dating, or is school the only place you saw him? It's not like you could not see him anymore is it? It was a sweet thing for him to say about not wanting to leave you behind, but somehow the way he acted beforehand leads me to believe that it was just an excuse not to hurt your feelings or make you mad at him. (Forgive me if I'm wrong sweetie, I hope I am)
As for telling him now that you still like him, you can tell him. But I don't recommend waiting around for him to break up with his gf, because sweetie you could be waiting and miserable for a lonnnng time. I wouldn't want you to go through that. That is your choice though. Good luck with this and I hope things turn out the way you want them to.  

btrfly7

Luna Xpianus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:07 pm
btrfly7
LoveIsForever22

Well I'm not so sure.

First B shouldn't have cared what people thought if he went out with you. If someone cares about someone, friends or bf/gf, it don't matter what other people think. Also, leaving you behind should not have a factor if you two were dating, or is school the only place you saw him? It's not like you could not see him anymore is it? It was a sweet thing for him to say about not wanting to leave you behind, but somehow the way he acted beforehand leads me to believe that it was just an excuse not to hurt your feelings or make you mad at him. (Forgive me if I'm wrong sweetie, I hope I am)
As for telling him now that you still like him, you can tell him. But I don't recommend waiting around for him to break up with his gf, because sweetie you could be waiting and miserable for a lonnnng time. I wouldn't want you to go through that. That is your choice though. Good luck with this and I hope things turn out the way you want them to.

Yeah what she asid about the letting you down part. That's a really big excuse, cause if me and my bf can survive. You both can. THis is how me and him are he's in Spain right now, (visiting family not staying there) He's going to college in the fall and I'm going to the 11th grade, and he lives about 35min drive to his house, we didn't go to the same highschool. So what I'm thinking is he wants to flurt with you, but doesn't want really anything further. Cause my ex acted like he loved me, but in the end all he wanted sex. I was already screwed up, but he pushed me over the edge. You should tell him that you like him. See how things turn out, and if things turn out bad. FORGET HIM! There's better guys out there. In these grades all these guys are just practice, to feel your way around and see who you really are. Hope my advise helps  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 pm
LoveIsForever22

Well I'm not so sure.

that wouldnt be a good idea to make them break up but if u want to risk it try getting ur friends to help u. U could tell him that u still like him. but if they break up 4 no reason thats the time to jump in and take control of that moment.  

SasukeXSuigetsuXAnna

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff