Shinies.
View Results

Luxir

Tricky Saint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:58 pm

. . .I finally got my shiny Dialga C:
Yeah, I had nothing better to do.

Enough about me;

I'm sure most of you guys have heard different versions of "I spent 3 weeks on getting my. . ." or "I restlessly chained this pokemon for 4 days straight and I'm STILL trying. . ."

So, my question is; how far are are you willing to go to get a certain type of pokemon?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:29 pm

You know, I'm not really sure how far I'm willing to go. I keep switching projects so fast without abandoning any of them. sweatdrop

However, congratulations on your acquisition. 3nodding

Nadian
Crew

Luxir

Tricky Saint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Nadian
You know, I'm not really sure how far I'm willing to go. I keep switching projects so fast without abandoning any of them. sweatdrop

However, congratulations on your acquisition. 3nodding

Sounds a bit like myself; always in the progress of a new project without finishing my current. o vx; Took some determination for this one.
Thanks! C:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:40 pm

See, I wouldn't have that kind of patience. I'm not worrying about shiny pokemon, only completing the dex's data.

Sure it means my game is incomplete. (more so than it already is currently) But I won't go out of my way to find shiny pokemon.

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Just make sure you're always ready for that rare time one actually shows up! 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Nadian
Just make sure you're always ready for that rare time one actually shows up! 3nodding
always ready.
Shiny pokemon are like trouble, I'm ready for it, but don't go looking for it.

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Luxir

Tricky Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:44 am

wellwisher
See, I wouldn't have that kind of patience. I'm not worrying about shiny pokemon, only completing the dex's data.

Sure it means my game is incomplete. (more so than it already is currently) But I won't go out of my way to find shiny pokemon.

This is my second shiny (since I accidentally found a shiny Nidoran in Crystal long ago). Getting a shiny is nothing too big, but tolerance is; heard of some people that've soft reseted over 15,000 times to get a shiny legendary and others just 21 times. They're just trophies, so, the game is not incomplete without them.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:59 am

Shinies are meh... Now, COMPETITIVE shinies, on the other hand... biggrin

As far as getting a certain type of pokemon... I'm not one to go shiny-hunting, but I do put a lot of time into IV breeding pokemon. I'm currently trying to get a good Growlithe, but it's taking a long time... sweatdrop Eventually.

You'd think with a quad flawless and a triple flawless as parents I'd be getting what I need much sooner...

Shadovvstar

Jshin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:04 am

XGShadowstar
Shinies are meh... Now, COMPETITIVE shinies, on the other hand... biggrin

As far as getting a certain type of pokemon... I'm not one to go shiny-hunting, but I do put a lot of time into IV breeding pokemon. I'm currently trying to get a good Growlithe, but it's taking a long time... sweatdrop Eventually.

You'd think with a quad flawless and a triple flawless as parents I'd be getting what I need much sooner...

I generally don't go for triple or quadruple flawless. Only when I'm breeding walls, and those are more of a pain because of HP and Def IVs having a lower chance of being passed.

I generally only breed double flawless sweepers, unless it's a mixed, in which case I go for triple. I can generally breed and train a sweeper within two or three days, walls can take upwards of a week or so.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:26 pm

I really would love to have a shiny pokemon, but really, I'm not lucky XD Sorry, but the red Gyarados in Crystal doesn't count...

Right now, I'm soft resetting my firered to get a shiny starter (charmander). In diamond, I'm using the pokeradar to get a shiny pachirisu, but I suck at chaining D'=. I even broke a chain of 40 because I forgot to use a new repel -_-'

Anyway... congrats on your shiny Dialga =D

Seridowen

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:08 pm

By unexpected encounters (no, seriously) I caught the following shiny pokemon.

* Tentacool

*Wingull (evolved into Peliper)

*Trapinch (evolved into Vibrava then into Flygon)

I think that's it. All of them are from GBA games.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:28 pm

Right now I'm only worried about catching the normal ones. I just got Diamond a few days ago. My obsessiveness comes from wanting all of my Pokemon at an equal level...

I know. I'm odd.

I'm sure I'll start a shiny obsession as well.

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

kopakanui

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:06 pm

well I must admit I have been wanting to get a shiny charmander (then evolving it into a dark charizard).....so i took one of my chaizards from one of my gba games and I have it with a ditto and been trying to get a shiny charmander that way........so far I have not come across a shiny yet but (and this is a big BUT).....

I have about 6 1/2 boxs full of charmanders.....and yet no shiny.....but I am still going with this idea because I think its kinda cool having an army of charmanders and also I can put the charmanders up for trade for anything and get trainer ID numbers for the daily lottery......so it works for me.......

while on the subject

if you are interseted in a LV. 1 charmander that knows:
metal claw
flamethrower
scratch
growl
and looking for either gender and any certain nature I most likely got it.

so just Pm me for a trade request and we will see what we can do.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:28 pm

I've done over 22 or so soft-resets for a shiny Drifloon. gonk All I achieved was giving to a constant sex-change.

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:53 am

Now I'm soft-resetting for a SHiny Starter in Sapphire.
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games