Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
harry potter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXhal-stormXx

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:17 pm
Who thinks Harry Potter is awesome?????

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:14 am
Me exclaim 3nodding It's too bad I haven't read the last book crying  

Mina Kobayashi

5,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

x_Emry_x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:14 am
I <3 Harry Potter.
My siggie shows it.

@ Mina: You should. You won't be able to cry anymore by the end of it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:56 pm
I thought the ending was kind of anti-climactic, personally. xd  

Kaze no Ato

Eternal Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 am
lol I havent read the last book yet lol, I started on a different book and have more interest in that book at the moment than harry potter. lol not to say its bad though, I think harry potter is great, just sayin Im fallin behind XP since Romance of the Three kingdoms is 2300 + pages lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:05 pm
Sure I like the books, but the movies... not so much. I think they leave too much out...  

Chatons

Eternal Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:51 pm
Sichym
Sure I like the books, but the movies... not so much. I think they leave too much out...

lol nah, thats a pretty ignorant thing to say. People think that alot, but really its a different way of portraying a story when its put into movie form. Heh, It would be worst if they added too much of the story lol, Would you rather the movie take as long to watch as the book is to read? And if the movie was the same exact as the book in that sense then of course one or the other would drop in buissness, People probably wouldent either read the book or wouldent watch the movie. Ya should try and be more realistic with your accusations lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:28 am
It's a really good series and I really loved reading it...  

illyasvieleinzbern

go chudley cannons

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:04 pm
OOH! ME!!
HARRY POTTER = AWESOMENESS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm
Eternal Dylan
Sichym

lol nah, thats a pretty ignorant thing to say. People think that alot, but really its a different way of portraying a story when its put into movie form. Heh, It would be worst if they added too much of the story lol, Would you rather the movie take as long to watch as the book is to read? And if the movie was the same exact as the book in that sense then of course one or the other would drop in buissness, People probably wouldent either read the book or wouldent watch the movie. Ya should try and be more realistic with your accusations lol.

I don't think that's totally true. The movies have left out quite a few important factors presented in the books. I don't think it would have put either books or movies out of business if the movies stayed true to the books more. And personally I wouldn't have minded longer movies to include those things. Then again, it's also true that it's a different way of portraying the story. Unfortunately, the movies get a bad rep from fans because it leaves out so much. Even those that don't read the books might notice things that feel kinda off. Like my brother, he doesn't read the books but noticed that the fifth movie felt extremely rushed through. It just didn't have enough of the fluidity that the book has. And plus, part of the dislike of the movies is that it isn't the way we imagined it in our heads that bothers a lot of people. Oh well...I guess I'm just rambling now. Maybe I'll just go back to reading. I need to finish my rereading of the HP series anyway. blaugh  

Silvie Verisimilitude

Gracious Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Tasty Crayons

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:09 pm
Harry Potter is so loved that it makes me hate him now. Plus, the third movie was total s**t. So was the fifth book. Those things ruined both the books and the movies for me. )=  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:34 pm
Sichym

I do agree with that actually  

xXhal-stormXx

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Window Shopper 100

xXhal-stormXx

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:46 pm
Silvie Verisimilitude
Eternal Dylan
Sichym

I don't think that's totally true. The movies have left out quite a few important factors presented in the books. I don't think it would have put either books or movies out of business if the movies stayed true to the books more. And personally I wouldn't have minded longer movies to include those things. Then again, it's also true that it's a different way of portraying the story. Unfortunately, the movies get a bad rep from fans because it leaves out so much. Even those that don't read the books might notice things that feel kinda off. Like my brother, he doesn't read the books but noticed that the fifth movie felt extremely rushed through. It just didn't have enough of the fluidity that the book has. And plus, part of the dislike of the movies is that it isn't the way we imagined it in our heads that bothers a lot of people. Oh well...I guess I'm just rambling now. Maybe I'll just go back to reading. I need to finish my rereading of the HP series anyway. blaugh [/quote
lolz i agree with her ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:25 pm

The movies not only left out a lot, they changed a lot. Prisoner of Azkaban had me cringing. What was with the shrunken head? There was no shrunken head. And the giant clock. Hogwarts didn't have a giant clock. And Harry got the broom from Sirius in the middle of the book, not the end. And they didn't just let him have it. That was what caused Harry and Ron to start fighting to Hermione. Then they forgave her and Ron thought Scabbers got eaten by Crookshanks, which caused the two of them to fight even more.

It isn't ignorant for someone to say they dislike a movie because they left to much out when it is true. As for adding to much a story? Who cares? I mean the Lord of the Rings were three hours a piece, and yet they did great. I find it funny that the longer the Harry Potter books grow, the shorter the films.

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games