Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I can't tell if my friends still like me!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i_Like_your_Sockks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:04 pm
Last weekend my friends and I went to a relay to support people with cancer and people who have survived cancer. you get sponsors for your team and walk for twelve hours around a track. They were all ignoring me except for one and I felt like they didn't like me. They kept telling me that they liked me better in 6th grade when I liked pink and was more girly. And I quote "Anna, you're so emo." and "I want the 'old' Anna back." It really made me mad and they lied to me about a bunch of stuff. They're pretty much the only friends I have and I think they hate me. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 pm
ppl change, if they dont like u just cuz u changed and arent the girly girl u used to b then they arent worth it. a true friend sticks by u no matter what. (besides, i dont c anythin wrong with emo ppl)  

QUW00SH

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 am
People change, you did and so did your "friends". I fthey don't appreciate you as you turned, they don't like you. If they don't like you they are no real friends.

Well I am really sorry if you wish them to stay your friends but surely you can find friends who do appreciate the new you?

At the very least you could try to make it clear to them that you don't appreciate their negative output and that they should act more like friends if they are.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:56 am
thank you. i just needed some comforting words.  

i_Like_your_Sockks

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:58 pm
It be mi pleasure Milady. May thou cometh across friends who appreciate your presence.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:14 pm
Soul of Aqua
It be mi pleasure Milady. May thou cometh across friends who appreciate your presence.

thanx thats really nice. i hope i do.  

i_Like_your_Sockks

catgirl_kitsune

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:09 pm
vampirestar_1
Last weekend my friends and I went to a relay to support people with cancer and people who have survived cancer. you get sponsors for your team and walk for twelve hours around a track. They were all ignoring me except for one and I felt like they didn't like me. They kept telling me that they liked me better in 6th grade when I liked pink and was more girly. And I quote "Anna, you're so emo." and "I want the 'old' Anna back." It really made me mad and they lied to me about a bunch of stuff. They're pretty much the only friends I have and I think they hate me. crying

Personally, your friends are foolish. No matter what your interests change to, you're still the same you. You have to remind them that even though you may not share many of the same interests, your still the same girl from way back when. If they were true friends, they would except you no matter what, not based on what you dress like, or what you do.

Just try talking to them, and if they don't change their minds, don't cry too much over it, they wouldn't be worth your tears then.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:12 pm
well that was a very shitty thing for them to do!

first of all you find out what they're problem is!!
if they do that again just tell them if they don't
like you anymore cause you dress differently
from last year or whatever then i really think they're
not worht your time!!!!

OMG-JuliaJean

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 pm
No worries! All my friends have changed and me and my sister have still stayed the same for 5 years! It sucks, but they'll have to get over it and accept you for who you are. If they can't, then they weren't true friends to begin with and aren't worthy of having you as a friend!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games