Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Not your average boy problem. (Or is it?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Average Boy Problem?
  Uh, yah?
  Er... No?
  Look, I don't know. It's just a problem.
View Results

Rikku Takarai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 am

Hey, I'm Rikku.
Yus, this is one of those, "Omigosh, there's something wrong in my perfect life of perfection" threads... Actually, it's not. Or is it?
I'm just curious to see what your opinion is.
You see, I'm 20 years old, and I'm having problems with my boyfriend. More like he's having problems with me. See, there's an age difference between us. He's a LOT older than me. (Try 13 years older... I guess that's where the 'average problem' is thrown off.)
EDIT: I met him while I was working in October of last year. He was my manager. That's a reason we didn't get together sooner. Neither of us said anything about our interest until after the store had closed down in February. With him being my manager, and 13 years older than me, I guess we both figured there was no point in even saying anything...
This relationship has not really been a long one, but I've undoubtedly enjoyed every second of it. I'm not the type to just fall for a guy and cling to him, but I know I love him more than anything I have before.
But ALL OF A SUDDEN, my age seems to be a huge obstical-- and out of nowhere, too. If ANYTHING, it should be an obstical for me-- with me being the girl and with the over-protective family and what-not. But suddenly, it's like it really matters, and he's just bothered by it.
That and he's troubled by the fact that I am currently out of work, even though I'm days away from getting hired.

Is he really bothered by these things, or is he trying to make an excuse?
Nothing has been going wrong between us. No real arguments, no disagreements.... Nothing has been said 'till recently.
And when I ask him to be straight forward with it, he runs his words in circles, and talks in riddles.
My god, sometimes I wonder which one of us is the girl in this...
But I digress...
Out of nowhere, he's hinting towards us ending out relationship, and needless to say, I don't want that to happen.

I'm sorry for rambling and typing so much... And if anything is unclear.
I was curious to see what you would say to this, and I thought, "Why not?".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:57 am
Well... that's an interesting case. I have no experience on this field and thus no knowledge. But I think it might be a normal case of novelty love. Eventually it fades, on both or just one side.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rikku Takarai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Novelty love?
;_; *doesn't know what that is*

And we've only been together for a few months.
I just wish I knew what he was thinking. All the problems (that he mentioned) he knew from the start. I don't think he would have gotten involved if that was REALLY the problem.
ANd the job part-- he knew 'cause he was my MANAGER where I worked. The store closed down and I have been jobless since then.
(Yus, I forgot to mention the whole, 'he was my manager' bit...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:21 pm
Novelty love, The feeling of love but it fades away after time when the person "loved" no longer is so new to you.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rikku Takarai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:55 pm

oooh...
Oh dear gawd, I hope not...

After seeing him again and agreeing to accompany him today, and having so much fun, the idea of us not being together is beginning to depress me...
Maybe it just needed time to sink in. >.<

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:16 am
If hes already saying he wants out and doubting things maybe its not for real..I would give it break or cooling off period..See if its for real or not..Give it like a month..cool off.. See if you or him feel the same way about each other..Because true love does not die or fade away ( except if you do not work at ..)  

ladyshari

Rikku Takarai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 pm

*wonders what he'd say about a cool-off period*
Okay, thanks... That's been taken into consideration.

And I can tell he still cares, because I can still see that he loves to have me around. It sucks to know that he's unsure. Argh. >.<

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:50 am
no offense by what im saying:

but was it one of those worker younger then him a fine peice of work but he found some new  

dark lord toilet scrubber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:54 am
no offense by what im saying:

but was it one of those worker younger then him a fine peice of work but he found some new
or maybe he though you looked easier then he thought. wasnt so easy so hes not instrested anymore  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:33 pm

No offense taken.
But um, no, it's luckily not one of those cases. *wipes forehead*
xD Plus, it was.... difficult. Trust me, I'm not easy. lol

But he seems to be acting different-- in a good way.
Like he's made a decision and it was one in my favor. But what I don't like is how he pretends that conversation we had (about the problems) like, never existed. >.<

Rikku Takarai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:59 pm
well i know from experience that its probly one of though he'll act like it never happend hoping youll forget about and leave it alone. i do it all the time with my sister and my sisters boyfreind. bu ill spare you the time and not go into that one  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:11 am
well if he is really acting like this you should
ask him if he REALLY wants to be with you!
and if he starts doing riddles again say something like
"it was a yes or no question!" and maybe it is just
"novelty love"(be true too)

but anyways if it doesn't work out there is a whole bunch
of other guys out there who are more your age and are
just as great as this 33 year old man!

OMG-JuliaJean

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers