Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mina Kobayashi

5,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 am
I haven't played diamond/pearl before... Usually, I would choose water types for my starters like Squirtle for my Fire Red version, Mudkip for my Emerald version and Totodile for my Gold version 3nodding ... Anyway, my friends told me it's not a good idea to choose Piplup as a starter. So what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:24 am
I don't see why not; sure, the Fire-types are always better in the long run, but you should choose what you feel comfortable with. 3nodding  

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:36 am
I chose Piplup and did fine in my game  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:00 pm
Goddess Lia
I chose Piplup and did fine in my game

So did I. 3nodding  

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:23 pm
My brother also did fine with Piplup.

I suppose the only real complaint about Piplup would be his difficulty handling the eighth gym (electric) but, if needed, you can do something about that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:11 pm
the serious question, is what do you want in a starter?
Chimchar (and evolutions) handle quite nicely against a lot of opposing pokemon.
Torterra is quite good against most things but flying, and fire. (as the predominant weakness types.)
and Piplup, while weak against the eigth gym, is definitely a much longer term pokemon for getting results.

whatever you want to start with, will be a fine choice. Remember that grass and water are relatively common types, but if you pick Turtwig or Piplup, you won't see another water or grass type that can match them for most of the game. (what with starter superior stats.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Mina Kobayashi

5,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am
Thanks for your replies biggrin I think I'll go ahead and choose Piplup 3nodding Thanks again for helping me decide 3nodding biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:08 pm
OwO Piplup looks fluffy!!!!
sorry about that imma random weird kinda guy. . .o3o  

Innocent_Neko 714

Just A Normal Tree

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:59 pm
My cousin picked Pinplup and it really helped her out when she got to the pokemon league.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 pm
IDc what any body says ipilup grows to b one of the best starters i have seen. i have a Lv. 100 Empolion, with hydro cannon, earth quake, drill peck ,and brine, and the fact the he or she os steel protects it against poison types,. and it is a flying, earth, water, ice and steel, type it can learn almost any move from those catagories 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

blueRose98

12,075 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100

Im_a_talking_Dog

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:08 am
BRANDIE123456
IDc what any body says ipilup grows to b one of the best starters i have seen. i have a Lv. 100 Empolion, with hydro cannon, earth quake, drill peck ,and brine, and the fact the he or she os steel protects it against poison types,. and it is a flying, earth, water, ice and steel, type it can learn almost any move from those catagories 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

What? Empoleon is a Water/Steel type. Sure it can learn some ice flying and maybe a couple of earth moves but it's still only Water/Steel just because a pokemon can learn a move of a certain type doesn't make it that type o.o and Empoleon cannot learn all ground moves or all flying moves. Such as the move Fly itself penguins can't fly.
And I just noticed the word "almost" in your last sentence so I'll stop razz But still Water/Steel..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:47 pm
I was very much a water type trainer ever since Red/Blue, but when Ruby and Sapphire came out I could NOT get past Brendan with Mudkip. So I found the glories of Fire.

And if it weren't for the fact that my Diamond version that I have an Infernape on had the only pokemon I have left from my glitched sapphire game (that game I beat in a very dear spot to me) I'd do a run of Diamond with Turtwig. But yeah... I beat Red trillions of times (with all three starters) Beat Crystal with Feraligatr and Typhlosion, Ruby only with Blaziken... and don't get me started on FR/LG  

Evelyn598

Mina Kobayashi

5,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:11 am
Ultra Techno_123
OwO Piplup looks fluffy!!!!
sorry about that imma random weird kinda guy. . .o3o

It's ok! Piplup does look fluffy! 3nodding It's so cute!!! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:59 am
Here's how it goes in every game:

Grass Starter > Easy beginning, not so easy as you go along
Water Starter > Easy beginning, easy as you go along
Fire Starter > "Hard" beginning, very easy as you go along

I chose Charmander for Red, never played Silver/Gold, Mudkip for Sapphire, and Chimchar for Diamond and it worked out fine (Diamond is ridiculously easy, though.)  

Hurricane Bomb Hayato

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:00 am
Empoleon (Pokémon)
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

Pronunciation em-po-leeyohn
Types Water/Steel
Species Emperor Pokémon

Empoleon (Japanese: エンペルト Emperte) is a dual-type Water/Steel Pokémon.

It evolves from Prinplup starting at level 36. It is the final form of Piplup.

Biology
Physiology
Empoleon is a large penguin-like Pokémon. In terms of color, it has a closer resemblance to a "real-world" penguin than its pre-evolved forms have because it is mostly navy blue as opposed to being a lighter blue. Its feet actually appear to have webbing on them. Its wings are tipped with blue metal and have three golden claws sticking out at the bottom. It has a short, blue, metal "fin" sticking out of its back and another "fin" that's on the front of its body that extends to where its chin would be then splits to form some sort of collar. It has two gold-colored spots on its upper-back. Its most prominent feature is the three-horned trident-like crest that extends from its beak. This crest represents an Empoleon's power and the leader of a colony of Empoleon, Prinplup, and Piplup will have the largest horns.

Special abilities
Empoleon can swim faster than a jet boat and, by using its razor sharp wings, can cut huge glaciers in a matter of seconds. It can also learn any attack that its pre-evolutions can learn, but Empoleon's attacks are stronger. As a fully-evolved Pokémon (and the final evolution of a Water-type starter Pokémon), Empoleon can learn Hyper Beam, Giga Impact and Hydro Cannon.

Behavior
Given their immense pride, Empoleon are surprisingly social creatures. They live in large colonies led by the oldest and most powerful male. The leader has the largest horns on its head.

Habitat
Wild Empoleon live in ice caps in very cold climates.
This is the evolvlution of piplup now u sure u want it?  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games