Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:27 am
Rangers, the Pokemon Rangers? Can someone explain to me the appeal?

I mean, you use a device, the Capture Styler, to catch Pokemon, am I right? Then, when you're done, you release them, am I right?

Well, so instead of catching a Pokemon and training it, and building teamwork and friendship, you can just catch it, use it, and throw it away?

WTF?

And some may think "Oh, but what about them having a habitat???" Well, almost all of them don't seem to mind a Pokeball, or travelling.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:25 pm
you have a good point  

Misterr Moss

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:32 pm
Could be an good abstract summary of why I haven't played it yet.

For me, the appeal is solely obtaining more Manaphy. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:41 pm
Nadian

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

bob715

Gracious Gekko

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:14 pm
I think it makes sense to me. But I think it is still a fun game.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:14 pm
It is fun.  

GreyJedi

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Ahri of Runeterra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:38 pm
So, how does leveling up work in that game?
And, is there anything worth doing in the game besides getting the manaphy egg?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:38 am
Ok u convey ur feelings towards the pokemon with the styler(btw it looks a lot like a bey(sp) blade( After that you can use for things like breaking a crate or... yea breaking a crate. Anyways after u use thyem they return to the place where u had found them. does this help cause I just started playing it.  

Kumi Katsuna

FullMetal_Heigai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:22 pm
never played any fun?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 am
Now that I've finally played through, I can give some of my thoughts.

Aspects of the game were fun. I could see somebody enjoying it. Trying to catch the different pokemon with the stylus had some appeal since different pokemon behaved in different ways, varying capture a bit. The story was about what I'd expect of an off-main Pokemon game. If the game was supposed to be a puzzle game, it was a bit simplified.

So, to clarify exactly what catching pokemon does for you:

-When you catch Pokemon, they can become a temporary member of your party. (Since you're not catching for keeps, you have to let pokemon go if you have too many.)

-Pokemon are only forcibly removed from your party when you leave the area (note: not the room, the area) or if a ghost-type pokemon snatches them.

-Although you don't keep pokemon, catching them does give you their data in your browser, so there is that incentive ; to get all of the data for all pokemon.

-At a minimum, you have to capture pokemon in order to clear certain obstacles. (Sort of like HMs.)

-Captured pokemon can also assist you in the capture of other pokemon. Different pokemon types do different things for you in order to help. (Grass-types grow grass, which can hold a pokemon in place... Water-types allow you to encase pokemon in a bubble... Psychic-types cause the pokemon to float in the air, helpless.) Naturally, when you're trying to capture a pokemon, their typing makes them resistant / weak to certain assists.

-Electric pokemon charge up your styler instead of assisting in any way. The only exception to this is your Partner Pokemon, Plusle or Minun. They use Discharge, which stuns all the pokemon on the screen with electricity.

All in all, it's a little time consuming just for a Manaphy, but not nearly so bad as getting a Celebi.  

Nadian
Crew

GreyJedi

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:55 am
In the new game, electric Pokemon do have an attack assist. Of course, there are some electric types that their only purpose is to charge the styler. Also, you can choose your partner. You can choose one of 17 (one for each type).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:28 pm
Nadian

Me too. And Darkrai of course.  

an absolute rose

Greedy Capitalist

12,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers