Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:15 pm
Charles Dodo
Lokhen
Abortion is a sin against the law of God "thou shall not kill". Couple must be responsible with their actions. When the baby is born it is the responsibility of the parents or couple or the mother to raise the child.

Does this mean you're a vegetarian? Does this mean you only eat plants that do not need to be killed (fruits and nuts that naturally fall off the trees)? Does this mean that you refuse antibiotics when sick because that would be killing?

There is debate as to the actual translation of any significant passage in the bible. This one is most likely an injunction against murder, as in killing another member of the tribe. Killing animals, people from other tribes and fetuses are not covered in this commandment. After all, the killing animals was required to atone for sins.

actually, isn't there a part shortly after the commandments that says that sacrifice was no longer required? dont got a bible on hand, or I'd check what it says, but pretty sure.....  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:10 am
azrael the reaper
Charles Dodo
Lokhen
Abortion is a sin against the law of God "thou shall not kill". Couple must be responsible with their actions. When the baby is born it is the responsibility of the parents or couple or the mother to raise the child.

Does this mean you're a vegetarian? Does this mean you only eat plants that do not need to be killed (fruits and nuts that naturally fall off the trees)? Does this mean that you refuse antibiotics when sick because that would be killing?

There is debate as to the actual translation of any significant passage in the bible. This one is most likely an injunction against murder, as in killing another member of the tribe. Killing animals, people from other tribes and fetuses are not covered in this commandment. After all, the killing animals was required to atone for sins.

actually, isn't there a part shortly after the commandments that says that sacrifice was no longer required? dont got a bible on hand, or I'd check what it says, but pretty sure.....

There are a number of bibles online http://www.biblegateway.com/ is the first link that Google gave when I searched "Online Bible"

The usual argument is Jesus fulfilled the Old Law and that it no longer applies. Other people say that the Law of the Old Testament was meant for Jews, not Gentiles. You then have people who happily engage in the hypocritical act of insisting on the following of some old testament laws while ignoring others.  

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Mekami-Sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:17 pm
I believe abortion to be the right of the mother until a certain point. This certain point is reached ofter the first trimester, and the mass of cells is no longer cells but a semi-recognizable child.

Until then, I believe that the embryo is not a child, but simply a lump of cells. A mass of cells does not a baby make, not at first. I don't believe poepl oppose trying to understand things from adult humans by taking blood cells to try to understand a disease, correct? If you don't then the blob of cells is much the same. It had no form, it cannot think, and it has to physical heart. Therefore, it is not a human, and it is not murder.

On the religious discussion: I think babies are given their souls and true breath of sentient life when born. Before that, they are like animals, and while people may argue that killing is wrong, nobody would say that killing an animal would send you to hell. (I could be wrong, but I'm basing it on what I know).

I also believe that abortion is NOT a form of birth control. Birth control is relatively cheap, and condoms are given out for free at some clinics I've been too. Go there, get it. If a woman gets more than five abortions she should not have an abortion (unless this sixth prgnancy is the result of a rape). She should be banned from aborting and, since she seems to be on her back so often, she should get her filopian tubes tied. It would stop at least 8 in 10 pregnancies.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff