Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Global Warming? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think global warming is a threat?
  yes
  no
View Results

CresentMoon14

Angelic Bear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:15 am
I agree with the reations the idea of global warming has brought with it, like saving energy and the world and so on, but we should have been doing that a Long time ago and now that something has significantly changed we only now start to take notice of what we're actually doing. And I support that people are starting to be aware of what they're doing.
But i think that the world is in a natural cycal that we couldn't really change if we wanted too, appearently, what we think of as "Global warming" is a natrual cycle of the world before an ice-age starts.
This doesn't mean that tomorrow it'll start snowing in Egypt, I'm not saying that any time soon an Ice age will suddenly start up or anything like that.
This isn't just my opinion, there was a debate on 'A current Affair" a while ago about this matter and all and I'm leaning towards the ice age idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:31 am
in the 70's people were scared out of their wits because it was Global Cooling, now people are scared out of their wits about Global Warming.... It's just the cycle the Earth goes through is all... Global Warming, while I agree with CresentMoon14 that it has brought out some important things and ideals, was just a way for Al Gore to campaign... and you know what? he didn't even win!
Al Gore is a dipwad. sorry if i offend anyone saying that, oops, wait, im not actually...
"7  

Virtus Fierkin

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

i heart me34

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:22 pm
like the world has actually cooled down by 2 degrees

and if it was such a big threat wouldnt this winter b warmer than it is

i mean it reached negative 40 degrees  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:34 pm
There were numerous ways that my dad had ideas for this global warming issue. I only remember two but the other one I can't really describe since I didn't really pay attention..

Basically... Put giant mirriors near the polar ice caps... Oh. Another one.. (Which is being talked about on TV.. I think a few weeks ago but they're working on it) Put millions of thin plates of glass(which would actually weigh a ton or so) up in space.

The first one isn't official.. But both of them are essentially for slowing global warming down. I don't really think it can stop even if it does/doesn't happen in the future. I'm not seeing too much of an issue right now. The 'Millions of pieces of glass' idea is being researched as well as making those plates of glass already.  

EclipseMoon

MenDia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 am
In my personal opinion, Global warming is inevitable, however, i believe animal activists, as well as HARD CORE vegetarians are the element that boosts it all along. Animal activists leave too many animals alive, which produce methane emissions, which slowly kill off the ozone that we have left, where as Vegetarians eat all the plant, which take that methane, and make it pure for the environment.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 am
After reading this entire thread I can honestly say that after page 1 I can feel the "intelligent dicusion" melting away, in its place is meeningless bable by well trained parots.  

HellCatMurasame

2,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tina161495

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:53 pm
I'm scared crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:01 pm
All i can say is WTF!?!?!?! we should seriously pick up ourselves and stop littering and stop the pollution cause s**t people dont relly care now and day  

- MisoAndy -

Vakna

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:18 pm
Kazenge
I don't believe in global warming. People are talking about how all this pollution is melting the ozone or whatever. I think it's a load of crock. Back when we were full industrial we put out a shitload more pollution than we are now, and nothing bad happened. That is why I do not believe it is pollution. As to why icecaps are melting, well we have had periods of extreme cold and extreme heat. We are going through a heat period, which will end with us hitting an ice age restarting everything. That is >>MY<< reasoning behind global warming.

Ozone layers are actually thinner over the arctic than over the mainland. Hurr hurr hurr, must be Santa, because we ain't got anything out there. ;]

And also, say, twenty (?) years ago we were definantly going into an ice age, so if scientists are so fickle, then why should I believe them? They can't even predict the weather for tomorrow right. They probably milked the ice age thing for all it was worth, and made this crock up for more funding.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:24 pm
Global Warming is a fact proven by science. So there's not much to debate about facts. We can though debate about what our governments have done to reduce it (or not). Or if we are doing something ourselves.  

cosmobc

650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Vincent Ezra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:42 pm
well, although most people call me crazy, i think that the global warming thing isn't all our fault. the earth on its axis wobbles back and forth (toward and away from the sun) and every couple million years it'll wobble all the way toward or away from the sun. i think that the earth now is on its way toward the sun and that's why its getting warmer in the poles. i mean, sure our gases aren't helping, but that's my theory. cuz last time when it was farthest away from the sun as it gets, that's when the ice age occured. anyway, call me crazy, but that's my theory.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:28 am
Okay, so I've seen people saying, "Nature has its ups and downs and this is natural." But, from what I've read, the heat is going WAY farther up than what it would naturally. Then again, I haven't read much about the other side of the issue, so what I post may seem rather biased, which is why I'm probably not going to participate in much more of the discussion. xp  

habitualParadoxifier

Interesting Conventioneer

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas