Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Anime Club

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:33 pm
A friend and I started our school's anime club last year, and because of time restraints last year we were not able to do a lot of things. This year we started off fairly well. I hope to get this club going great this year since this is my last year as a highschool student.

I wanted to ask you all a few questions.

1. If your school started up an anime club what would really get you to join them besides the fact that it's an anime club?

2. What would you want to see happen with the club?

3. What would you want to do if the club raised enough funds?

I'll put your ideas out to the president of my club as well as consider it myself (being the vp and all).

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:28 am
well i dont look like a guy who likes anime and manga...im more like a skinny jock....but i like anime/manga more than enough...(150+ series watched) anyways my school got an anime and BESIDES the fact i like the girls in it =P i really dont have a ride there and back...so my an the parents going to work something out maybe....but other than that what they do in my school is like watch anime/talk about it/play games relating to anime, they also do cosplay (although im not sure ill do THAT) and get member ship at the manga/anime shops for discounts....i dono bout the rest but i do like that =P  

The Unknown Mercenary

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:09 pm
Last year we did watch a few anime that the members brought it but this year I hope to get the members to bring in anime other then Naruto. I'm hoping to talk about it though, as well as get the games in for the gamers. Any anime that you would recomend thats school apropriate? The pres and I are hoping to do a cosplay contest too. Any ideas or stem from what your club does cosplay wise? My mother came up with meeting for a cosplay contest on Saturdays so we can dress in outfits that we can't get away with during school. I'm planning on doing Kiba fromn Wolfs Rain I just need to get a white t-shirt and a jacket that matches Kiba's somewhat.

Sadly in my city we don't have manga/anime shops so we can't get discounts but I heard that another school in town their anime club is going to the anime convention this weekend in Denver for $20. Which upset me but they probably had the funds to pay for it.

Thanks for your input.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm
1. If your school started up an anime club what would really get you to join them besides the fact that it's an anime club?
Let's see. . .My friends sure would wanna join it so,I would join too^^

2. What would you want to see happen with the club?
It being the best club in the school and we can learn more about anime^^

3. What would you want to do if the club raised enough funds?
hm . . raise an event so people can come to our school and I could make more money for references.^^ blaugh  

Sakurawings_Melody

The Unknown Mercenary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:23 pm
i didnt even know that there was anime/manga shops were i live or conventions...apperently there is =P  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games