Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Life After Death and Death itself-Your opinions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starstruck Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:38 pm
If death comes when I'm like 90 and I've lived my life and stuff, I won't be afraid to go. However, if I were told I was going to die in a year, then yea, I would be scared. I want to live before I die, not have it handed to me right away.
My veiws on the afterlife are a combination of popular beliefs and my own. Yes, there is a heaven as discribed in the bible, however, we don't go in as ourselves. We're more intelligent, mature and pure. We've learned the secets of life and death, and that brings us closer to God.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:59 pm
Do you fear it? Do you dream of it? Is it good? Is it bad? What are your views on Death?
No I don't fear it. I fear dying at the wrong time and having my family suffer financially for it.
I have dreamt of it both asleep and awake many times. One in particular stands out and I actually wrote it down.
I don't believe that death itself is good or bad. It's natural. Now, I believe in re-encarnation strongly and that is not a Christian view and some people would say that I am not a Christian, which I don't concider myself one. Actually I'm not one altogether. I don't and can't put a name to the creator. It's just not possible for me to and take it seriously or to believe it at all. I believe that yes, there is a creator and an over-seer but not an all-powerful all-good being; I also believe that once you die, you go to both Heaven and Hell, spend time in both based off of your sins and rightousness; that you get three shots at this (Heaven+Earth+Hell=3 levels of good and evil) and on the fourth shot, determines your permanent residence.
If any of that makes sense then yeah taht's what I believe. Accept it if you will or don't. No means to offend in what I believe.  

A DeJa Vu

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:08 am
Love thy Neighbour

I have memories of things that could not have happened to me in this lifetime. This means that somehow the memories of other people are in my mind. I'm not sure if this is because I am the reincarnation of those people or because, somehow, something of them was able to survive death and I am somehow able to pick up on it.

I'm inclined to think it's a little bit of both.
Honour thyself

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:22 pm
I'm not exactly afraid of death, but the pain or things I think I'll miss when I'm gone. I have no ideas or opinions on what happens to you after you do die, for the answer is oblivious, but it's apart of the cycle of life and is inevitable. You're gonna die sooner or later, so live without regrets.

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas