Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Twilight Series Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm
I like it more for the love story of it. The vampires may aswell not be vampires. They don't hurt anyone and you hardly read about their life as a vampire. Stephanie Meyer even says she doesn't like vampires. wtf.

I prefer the shapeshifters in the book.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:46 pm
Katie-Q Loves You
I like it more for the love story of it. The vampires may aswell not be vampires. They don't hurt anyone and you hardly read about their life as a vampire. Stephanie Meyer even says she doesn't like vampires. wtf.
I prefer the shapeshifters in the book.

Had they not been vampires the book would have been almost mediocre in concept. You know...Trite, but nothing unbearably loathsome.
Because she called them vampires, however, it went from being a sub-par piece of literature to a literary abomination.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

T3h Jinji

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:46 pm
Twilight is okay.
But not nearly as wonderful as people seem to believe.
And the movie sucked.
Dx
Vampires don't sparkle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 am
This is a quote from a friend of mine who has read the series: "I can sum up the first book in one sentence; 'I luv you Bella, but I'm dangerous so stay away frum me!' "

I can't exactly verify it, I can laugh at it however. :3

Ethrawl

S Metal Crusader B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 am
I read all the books.
They were bad.
Saw the film.
It was bad.
All in all bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 am
narutohinata2100
Ino_-_Yamanaka
Number 1: Vampires are NOT real and there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY that you could ever meet Edward and convince him to like you
Number 2: SPARKLY vampires?? Absolutely disgusting.
Number 3: What kind of decent creature would climb into someone's house to WATCH THEM SLEEP, and then Bella finds out and takes it as a COMPLIMENT.

Twilight is messed up series.
Get that on the inernet you can say what you want to said. So I'm going to said what on my mind. scream WHOLE ******** REASON YOU TWILIGHT-HATERS HATE THE BOOKS SO MUCH IS BECAUSE U WENT TO SEE THE ******** MOIVE OR BARELY READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT THE ******** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scream stressed

^^^^^This is why Twilight gets such a bad name. The stupid horny teenage fangirls.^^^^^
lol
Oh and I've read the books.
They all sucked.
Learn to spell and how to structure a sentence.

S Metal Crusader B

Ethrawl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:34 pm
narutohinata2100
Ino_-_Yamanaka
Number 1: Vampires are NOT real and there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY that you could ever meet Edward and convince him to like you
Number 3: What kind of decent creature would climb into someone's house to WATCH THEM SLEEP, and then Bella finds out and takes it as a COMPLIMENT.

Get that on the inernet you can say what you want to said. So I'm going to said what on my mind. scream WHOLE ******** REASON YOU TWILIGHT-HATERS HATE THE BOOKS SO MUCH IS BECAUSE U WENT TO SEE THE ******** MOIVE OR BARELY READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT THE ******** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scream stressed

First:
User Image

Second:
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:25 am
twilight is good but when it comes to more mysterious vampires and wolves plus an all out campaign for the balance against chaos - i'd read The City of Bones (there are two more books though) ~

because twilight is more of a romance story - but i want more mystery and action - plus believable vampires ~

oh well, maybe i'm so much of a fan of Anne Rice's vampires sweatdrop ~  

Ritter Mayura

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zariah Khi

Lavish Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:19 am
I like the twilight series but I just irritated with bella being sO in love with edward, I just don't get it it's very foolish to love a guy that fast and give up ur real life without a second thought!
and also she fell in love with edward mainly because he's a vampire what if he's not will she still fall for that guy? I just hate her character in the story
she's so pale and indifferent to everybody

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:57 am
I used to like it.Hate it now  

NoirFleur_x

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 am
S Metal Crusader B
narutohinata2100
Ino_-_Yamanaka

^^^^^This is why Twilight gets such a bad name. The stupid horny teenage fangirls.^^^^^
lol
Oh and I've read the books.
They all sucked.
Learn to spell and how to structure a sentence.

I applaud you, man. I wouldn't be surprised if you were also a member of the anti-twilight guild........

I only dislike the series because of the sexism....
......... meaning Bella's dependence on a guy and throwing her life away because of someone who could... wait, DID dump her.

She's such a suck up. It even makes ME sick.

I've read the books as well and hell yeah, I watched twilight AND New Moon just to verify that I'm not the only one who realizes how bad the series was~! Man, I was sifting for the plot... It took some time but then again, when I look back... There is no plot. -__-; Dammit.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:14 am
Ritter Mayura
oh well, maybe i'm so much of a fan of Anne Rice's vampires sweatdrop ~

Undead creatures that are illogically-reasoned and capable of sex, given to falling in love, and not repelled by things that repel vampires... Wait, how are they terribly different? Oh, the sparkles. Right.
Pistll

First:
User Image
Second:
User Image

Have we fought before? Probably. In any case, I now adore you.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Zuralli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:23 pm
We used to dream and be carefree...

I don't think Twilight was all that well written. It doesn't have a high level of reading if you ever pay attention to it. The plot was kind of boring and even though the prospect of sparkling vampires was at first interesting, I am used to vampires burning in sun light or in the case of Dracula and Lestat, being as old as dirt itself and very strong to be able to even walk in a sliver of sunlight. Also the behavior of Bella is quite pathetic if one is to think about it. Most people I know get over being dumped and move on especially when you have someone obviously in love with you and is actually THERE. Plus if it were me I would think it extremely creepy if I had someone climb up to the window of my room and watch me sleep. Vampire romance is usually much better written than how Ms.Meyers wrote hers and the fact that Jacob ended up being a ***** did not sit well with me. I cannot fathom why people like this series but hey to each his own.

Where has that all gone?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:52 pm
Laki Larian
I think Twilight does exactly what it needs to for itself. It's an amazing page-turner, and soft-core fantasy. (soft core compare to something like LotRs, with an extremely complicated world)

I honestly believe many people just dislike it because of its widespread appeal. As in, they're upset because people flock to Twilight, which is fun, romantic, and easy to fall in love with, instead of other, harsher, darker stories with similar content. The truth of the matter is Twilight is a story that's masterful in garnering masses of fans. I don't think that's a reason to hate it.

Well, actually, most people I've talked to about it hate it for the lack of writing skill - it took me one page to get a headache from the lack of skill that went into the first novel, so I didn't get far enough in to get any idea of what it was about. I have, however, heard enough from the gushing fans to have gotten the impression that Edward is a fairy stalker and Bella romanticises all the wrong things.
Edward is a fairy stalker, because he glitters, is a vegetarian, and hangs out in the forest, and follows Bella around without talking to her, which is just creepy.
Bella finds the fact that he's in love with her because he can't read her mind romantic, as well as the fact that he follows her around and broods.
Again, all of this is from other people complaining to me and gushing at me, because I couldn't read it due to the headache it gave me.
Chaucer didn't give me a headache like that, and he wrote in Middle English.  

redheadstemper

Blessed Phantom

8,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:52 pm
I have to say that my feels towards Twilight are a bit complicated.

I did like most of the books, and the movies were pretty good too. The first book was very boring in the beginning. It got better later on. but it still left a somewhat bad taste. All the others were pretty good. Even though I like it I didn't really want to admit I was a fan. As for a while it looked like too many things going on between the fans, and the haters. But then again all those stories I've been reading may have been false, and from now will be treated as such.

I do somewhat like how the story is in first person rather than third person. In fact the thing I love the most at the one liners. They were always so funny.

=_= which reminds me, I accidentally ruined the first book by spilling tomato juice on it. I might go buy a new one. Maybe I might be able to get a hardcover version of it. Then again I'm not really sure I'd read that one again. Perhaps I will, I feel like I want to read it now.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games