Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
How to Get a Morbid Guy to Like an Innocent Girl Like Me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel_Death_Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:06 pm
Ok I have a boy problem. I like this guy at school and here is the thing, I don't know how to talk to him. I don't know if this thing is a temporarily thing or cupid hit me with a bow and arrow by mistake at a bad time (I think he did). To protect his identity and to try give you the visual of what he looks like I will try to give you much description as possible. Let see he has long less common hair, a go-T, and is tall. You could kinda say he looks older that a Senior at a high school football team.

Anyway he is those types of guys who would be placed in those cliques called goths, emos, punk, metal-heads, etc. Poissbly in his view I am a shy and innocent little girl. It just make me even sadder that I can't even talk to him. I know most of his friends that he hangs out with and it makes me smile whenever they mention his name, however, it makes me mad that they can talk to him with ease. Another bad thing is that I am SO shy that whenever he comes around I RUN away from him. Seriously it sucks!

I don't know what to do. I hate the fact I am innocent on the outside yet I'm so dark on the inside. I wish I could show off what I am really like underneath but my parents are strict. Anyway what should I do to talk to him? I mostly embarrass myself in front of him.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:35 pm
I have the same problem.

What helps is to stay calm when you're talking to him and just be yourself! Its been said a million bazillion times, but when you're calmer, its a lot easier to talk to guys, or anybody for that matter. You could ask his friends what he likes, or stuff like that, and maybe find out more about him. [: good luck~

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:42 am
I can relate, I'm shy, though I'm extremely shy. I dread the weekends because I can't see my crush. My story's kind of long, something I shouldn't brag on about here.
But anyways, when you do talk to that guy its best not to let your mind dwell on the negative things, like if you think you'll embarrass yourself you probably will. Confidence is the key, a cliche, but I'm sure it will work.
Or maybe, since you can't seem to talk to him...find a way to show him what your interests are. It sounds like you's two share the same ones. Like, for example, if you have a favourite band that he might like that you like, wear a shirt of them (just an example). Maybe he'll approach you.
Or...you could try finding and adding him on one of those social networking sites (if you have an account on one). It'll give him an idea that you want to be friends with him. I did that with my crush sweatdrop .
Hopefully, I contributed in some way.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:10 pm
Don't think about your shyness, and talk to him like one of your regular friends.

Even if your nervous, shallow your gut and just go for it. The effect goes away after awhile.

(I would know, I asked this guy out and it felt like I was gonna die. But things turned out okay. We are friends now. ^^)

Nemsy

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:51 am
Just be yourself. If he doesn't like you, then perhaps he isn't the one for you. Sometimes not all opposites attract. I found that out in my freshman year. I liked this goth kid luke. My friends and I thought he was hot. Turned out he was gay and he thought I was an "idiotic f**" haha! xp sheesh, he was funny! And the same thing happened with this kid stormy. he thought i was cool but only used me to get to my friend virginia. The one good thing I always did, though, was act myself.. even towards the metal heads and the geeks and normal people and druggies I dated..  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:57 pm
I like what the others here said. Stay calm and try to talk to him.
Also. You said that you can talk to his friends so start there. Like anouther person said. Talk to them and find out about him.
Anouther idea is to find out what he thinks about you. Who knows. The "through a friend" thing. While not the best way does work.  

BluePod

Phantasmagoric_001

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:23 pm
I too have a similar problem. I am very shy. it took me about three months before I finally asked out my friend that I liked. Her answer was "how much did he pay you?" I was shocked at first but got over it. I still like her and its been 2 months. I plan on askeing her out again and getting an "answer" this time  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:43 am
Please please PLEASE don't run away when you see him. Like it's been said here, be yourself, let your darkside show a little? lol sweatdrop
Get those friends around you when you're around him and talk to them for a bit, and then ease into an open conversation that the other guy can join in. Try to include him.  

Dylanthevyllan

CottonCandy32650

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:06 pm
Write him a note if youre to embarrassed redface to tell him how you feel. If he tries to talk to you do NOT run away. That will only make things worse. Good Luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:09 pm
Alot of girls go through this I have. I found ofter times this was so because the girl thinks she can change the guy, let me put this frank,
that
is
impossible!
No matter who you are or what you do it will have no effect, sucks I know, my goth was one of the reasons I started depression medication.
Anyway of course you're shy even a person who isn't very timid may feel nervous or whatnot, it's just what crushes do to you. I sugest getting to know him better. Start with getting well aquanted then make your way into friends, at that point you never know he may share your feelings.  

Loki god of BS

Loki god of BS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
also no offense to every one else, but don't jump right in. It sound kind a discouraging but don't say anything until the time is right. confessing now when you hardly know each other just embarrases the both of you. at this point he dosen't give cat poo about how you think of him. If you wait till your closer your chances of acceptance are higher, and it's easier to brush off.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 am
Listen to Hieis - you've said yourself that you rarely talk to the guy, so do you really know what he's like? it's very easy to build someone up in your mind.
Never do the 'through a friend' thing - if anything is going to give a 'little girl' image, that will. Talk to him around his friends, sure, but don't do the 'what does he think of me?' - people know what that means, it will get back to him, and you'll feel embarrassed.  

charbookwyrm

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:28 pm
I know alot of people have comments before me but I hope I can help as well.

I had/have the hugest crush on the hottest guy I had ever seen. In order to talk to him without seeming like a idiot I foucused on what I was saying, once I got past the first sentence I thougth about what we were talking about, looking at his face or what was right behind him. That helps stop random blabble and whatnot.
Hope that helps!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:41 am
CottonCandy32650
Write him a note if youre to embarrassed redface to tell him how you feel. If he tries to talk to you do NOT run away. That will only make things worse. Good Luck!

well, writing a note is not the best thing. guys dont really believe it if its on paper. they tend to be more responsive if you talk to them yourself. and I understand your situation because ive been there. take the advice that was given. ease into a coversation. PM me if you want to talk.  

MJgwarrocker66

Rage-of-Cultic-Fire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:26 am
stay calm and talk to him BTW that description sounds like me except the Seinor football team part  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games