Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:11 pm
I am not sure how to word this. While i was in the army in basic training i developed a very strong intolerance of what my drill sargeant termed "Grab a**". That phrase is military terminology for horse play, and being un-disciplined. Even though i am no longer in the army that very strong intolerance has grown into almost a hatred. I know i need to loosen up but have met with very little or no success.

I appologise for the "Coarse Language" but i wasn't sure i could word it differently.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:00 am
Well if someone seems offended when you talk to them because of your harsh language, just explain to them. You have the right to free speech and the military can seriously screw people up both physically and mentally.. so, I can't blame you for being used to that word..  

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:04 pm
My dad also served in the army and retired after 21 years of honorable service. He was a better soldier than i was in several areas. One area he was better than me in was leadership. I can lead if need be but prefer to be the grunt doing the work. He had no problem taking charge and leading, i only did it if i was given orders to do so. He is alot more laid back than i am, i have asked him how he managed that and he told me it varies from person to person.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:55 pm
well, i am blunt too. but, that is only because i have dealt with depression for three long, and hellish years. but, i also have the same problem. i guess in time you just learn to find common ground and there you will find a solution to your problem......  

MJgwarrocker66

Marx Gant

Hilarious Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:42 pm
The only way i can say this is Ignore the Idiots. Just turn away when you see foolishness. But if you are trying to loosen up then I suggest having fun? like go to a night club once in a while or do something fun that will get you laughing.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:20 am
Also, have you thought about therapy?  

Bernadette Rachel

Profitable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash