Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I just don't think she'll be successful.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:15 am
And maybe I'm totally wrong about this, but she's shown nothing but qualities of a total wreck and follower since I met her.

One of my friends from ECU is getting her BFA in Theater Arts: Design and Production with concentration in Scenic Painting. She's graduating this December and, well . . . I want to be able to say encouraging things to her about it, but I just can't find the right things to say. Why? Because I just don't think she's going to last very long.

As the profession she's going into is a less called for profession, there's going to be A LOT of competition. Yes yes she's taken leadership skill classes and gone to seminars and stuff like that, but I don't think any of it sank in. When someone tells her that she painted something wrong, even if it'll take 5 minutes to fix, she cries about it and gets all pissed off. In fact, she doesn't take ANY criticism about ANYTHING at all well. She's also very paranoid about other people and thinks that they all hate her and are against her and want her position (because of seniority, as they told her, she got the job of scenic painting director at the university's theater). She's not very easy to work with and has very instable emotions (which isn't entirely her fault, though she does tend to use this fault of hers as an excuse for things not happening right).

So, like I said, I just personally don't feel like she's going to make it very far. She wants Broadway (in the end), but I don't think she'll make it very far passed her aunt's Las Vegas scenic shop (they help with Las Vegas show sets and parties and stuff). I want to encourage her because I know she needs it . . . but yeah. ._.;;

Rant finished!

*rolls off camera*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Wow. this is a bit of a tricky sitch.

It might not help, but all I can say is that it is a very competitive area, i know as my mum is in it. All I would suggest would be to simply stand by your friend and be there when she needs you.
Support her when you can, but dont fill her head with false hope.

Uh.. yeah. hopefully that will help you out a bit. and Good luck for you and your friend in the future! smile  

XxXxFoxii_demonxXxX

Anabethe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:33 pm
wow im sorry...i kinda feel bad for her. I know that you think that she will never make it but the best thing you could do right now is support her. because hearing a friend telling another friend that they can't make it puts them down. and im sure you don't want your friend to feel that way.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 pm
I dont even need to read it full to say.....YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE FAITH IN YOUR FRIEND'S PASSION. If shes not gonna make it then let her do it on her own and just be there when she needs help to get back up. Don't tell her that you dont think she will survive...that will piss her off at you and make you hate her. Tell her that you will be there for her when she needs your help. Just tell her congradulations when she gets her degree and her job. If she gets fired from her job then, hold her and comfort her. Thats all i can advice.  

Goddess_of_the_Wolve

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:08 am
I do back her up and I do support her, I just don't feel right doing it because I don't actually believe that she'll make it. Why fake faith when you have none?

I also just really hate dishonesty.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff