Yes
  No
  uhhhmmmmm say wha?
  No gods or kings, only man!
  I ish a polle whoare :3
View Results

Lord Sephyr- Shadow Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:40 pm
ANyone familiar with Ayn Rand's philosophy? FYI, the game Bioshock was based on this philosophy.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:22 pm
I am familiar with Rand's philosophy.

Is there any particular way you wanted this discussion to go, or were you looking to see how many had heard of it before?

Also:
Bioshock was more thrashing Objectivism than anything else... seeing as Andrew Ryan attempted to be (and failed at being) a "true" Objectivist.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Kagayaku Shirou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I haven't heard about it, but I know for sure that it's impossible to be objective.

Still I wont discuss anything til khalida's question is answered, what are we discussing here? :S

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:35 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivism_(Ayn_Rand) For those who need to know about it.  

Mr Grimm 404

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:14 pm
Afaik an objectivist government would leave spaces in functions which should be usually covered by state houses, bureaus and ministries:

Cuts of the social funds programs would lead to acquisitive crimes committed by people who have no other choice than saving their existence by robbery, stealing or dealing drugs. Social projects depending on those will have no possibility to work effective anymore. The end result would be thousands more being homeless and pushed to be forced criminals.

Objectivist Individuals: Impossible

Every Individuals perception is always influenced by the evironment, mood and by consumables, like drugs, medications, even food. Therefore no one is able to degrade himself to an object, people will always be subjects, sure there are objective needs (gathering informations, eating, drinking, sleeping, sex), but they can be fullfilled on a subjective way (reading and choosing the informations you want, eating favourite food, drinking favourite drink, bedding however you want, having sex with a partner of your choice).

Everything else also looks like a support of fascism to me.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games