Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I don't know where this going...Will someone please help me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I do? How should I react?
  Tell him how you truly feel! He might still like you!
  Moniter the situation more or test the waters...That's your best bet.
  Nothing! He either doesn't like you anymore or is testing the waters himself!
  Stay away! Not only is he not interested, but he's still mad that you had your friend tell him for you!
  Nothing. There are other guys out there, right? Let this one go.
View Results

Kiradalia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:19 pm
Hi there! I'm sorry to bother you, but there's been something I've been wondering about for a while now that I need somebody's opinion on. Please, I know this is long, but I really need someone's help.
So, I've liked this guy since we were kids off and on, but more often than not...I'm a junior now so...it's been a while...I...just don't know what to do anymore...We both liked each other at the same time...except we're both too shy...Two years ago we were so close...we acted like a couple so much that a bunch of my friends would just giggle and bother me about it later when they thought that we did something adorable...We were so happy...But then I ruined it...didn't I?...At the end of 9th grade, we both were positive that we liked each other back very deeply. Both of us had friends backing us up, but...of course, neither one of us could do it. Eventually, I accepted that I was a coward and (Here's the mistake part!) asked my best friend to tell him how I felt for me. I wish I didn't do that...he got mad about that because he wanted one of us to confess to the other; not their best friend.
So, when I personally asked him to wait so I could tell him on the last day of school...he shook his head and said "I have a bus to catch..." That left me devastated...The following year, when we were sophomores, he tried just talking with me a couple of times early in the year, but he quickly stopped. Ever since then, when we pass each other in the halls, we make eye contact often, but quickly look away. And, even now, whenever we pass each other in the halls often enough, eventually, he takes a different route, as to avoid me, maybe? I'm not sure, but I get this weird feeling like he always stares at me when he sees me...Maybe I'm delusional...but I don't know...I need a little help, please...

This is what I need help with; Is he still mad? Does he still like me? Or is it all just a big coincidence? I don't know if I still like him, but I think that a part of me always will have an interest in him...I'm just so confused!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:56 am
First of all, you gotta figure out if you truly "love" him. The way you do that is your body language around him and how paranoid you get about him. Once you figure that our, apply the same rules to him. See if he looks at you then quickly looks away and stuff like that.

These are just things I've heard . . . ==' I've actually no experience when it comes to this stuff but I know how it feels to like someone and the awkwardness of it going wrong. Just try and remember one of the main things that made you guys become friends in the first place. Then you'll have something to talk about and something in common.

Hope I helped  

ALEX you l o s e r

beautiful expression

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:22 pm
I totally understand how you feel! It sounds like you really like this guy. You can either go on like this, going crazy wondering if anything is ever going to happen. Or you can do what so many of us are scared to do...TAKE THE PLUNGE! Find him and tell him how you feel. If he doesn't like you anymore his loss. But at least it's no longer above your head and you can move on! And if he does care, Yay! I hope you find happiness ^_^ either way. Good luck! Hope this helped. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:50 am
Thank you both so much! I do want to say something, I really do, but...I'm overly shy when it comes to these things...I just don't know how to say anything...  

Kiradalia

roses_diamonds

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:37 pm
Dr. Diamonds here to help!

First let me start off by saying that you are not imagining things because it's around a 90% chance he actually is looking at you secretly. Thinking if he should talk to you? What would he say? Would it be awkward? Would it bring back old memories? Will it leave me scarred? Do I still like her? And hundreds of other things that race into a guys head.

You see what you have to do is corner him, not before a class and NOT when anyone is around. DO NOT go to his house by any means because that shows you are desparate, and desparate people don't make good future girlfriends.

You need to blurt it out, not too quick, not too dramatic. Guys hate drama. But you need to seem like it has been on your mind for years, which it has. You need to say, exact words. I was a coward! Is that what you wanted to hear?Huh?! Is it?! I couldn't bring myself up to telling you face to face! I liked you too much. And..and I never thought it would ruin our friendship, relationship, or whatever we had!

This is of course if you still like him. If you don't however MOVE ON!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:38 pm
I don't know if I still like him...I feel like my interest has kind of deteriorated or I learned how to put a lid on it...or something...but...how do you know he has a very strong possibility of still being interested? And I'm thinking the same things you just listed! I have no idea what I'm doing! I'm just sitting here, panicking, picturing what'll happen, feeling sick and nervous and...and oh God, I do still have feelings for him! Yikes...but I can't go up to him! ...How on Earth do I do that?! I couldn't do it when it wasn't totally out of the blue! Oh man...I'm sorry...I know I'm being troublesome, but I'm really awkward with this sort of thing...  

Kiradalia

ALEX you l o s e r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:23 pm
So you like him, right? Then don't rush it. Get to know him again. See if his interests and yours are still the same and maybe you'll find yourself falling for him even more and vice versa. You guys were friends, so what's to stop you being friends now? He is probably ignoring you because he's either shy and feels awkward about the situation as well, or he truly is still mad at you which I think is very unlikely.

Good luck^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:01 pm
...But...How on Earth do I approach him? What am I supposed to do?
Just act casual, walk up to him out of the blue one day and try to strike up a conversation? After around two years? Is...Is that even possible?
Isn't there any other way? I'm sorry. I know I'm being difficult...but I have absolutely no idea how to do this...  

Kiradalia

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:37 am
You just need to talk to him. Forget about any sort of plan or anything like that, just do it. Planning it out will only make you nervous about it and you'll probably talk yourself out of doing it in the end. You just need to walk up to him one day, catch him by surprise, and tell him "I want to talk with you." Then just lay it all out, let it out and let it go. How else could you do it?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:23 pm
I don't know...but...Thank you, everyone! I think I have decided what course I'll take. For now, I won't say anything. Maybe later on, I'll figure out if I should say something...Though honestly...I'm not sure if I ever will say anything...I'm such a coward...I think that I'll never know what could've been unless he says something...That makes me so sad...but I don't know what else to do...I'm just too scared to say something...Will he refuse me? Will he laugh in my face? ...Is he still mad? These are things I always think of when I see him. I'm not a person to brave my fears, you see...so...I'm really sorry to disappoint and not say 'Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I think I'll talk to him!' I feel...Oh, I don't know how I feel...It'd be a lot less trouble if I just forgot about him and pretended I never knew him...but I can't...I'm getting so tired of all of this confusion I have! Nothing makes sense...I'm so sick of it...I just want to move on...but I can't. I'm too weak to move on and I'm too weak to say anything...I suppose I just have to hope that he'll say something if he is still interested...

I'm sorry you had to read this. It's just how I really, sincerely feel. I guess I'm confused and scared. And I've had enough...I feel like I'm being quite melodramatic, but again, I'm just pouring out my true thoughts here...I just can't do it. I'm sorry to all those that gave me some well-needed advice. I'm really sorry...  

Kiradalia

Anabethe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:36 pm
I'm sorry but that's a stupid reason for him to be mad at you. At least you TRIED to do it by sending someone to say it for you. He would have probably been quiet forever. If he's still mad let him be he's acting like a little kid.
p.s stop apologizing XD you did nothing wrong. one page is better than one sentence.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:02 pm
okay so i see im the only guy that has posted her im not suprised. anyway this guy sounds overly dramatic. i guess if u don't mind that than u should go ahead and talk to him but if it were me i would forget about him it's ridiculous that he got pissed over that at least u tried while he sat on his a** and didn't say or do s**t. whatever u do don't blame urself for this it is in no way ur fault and anyone who says different don't know s**t.  

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Virtus Fierkin

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:54 pm
Ma'amselle, don't get caught up in the teenage politics of boyfriend-girlfriend crud. For your own sake.
Hey, if you find a good guy, then that's cool. But don't go chasing guys, eh? (I am a guy, by the way.) Chances are the feelings you have COULD very well just pass away. Save yourself some trouble, aye???
Good luck out there!
"7  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:08 pm
i think you should figure out if you actually still like him or not.
if i were you i would pull him aside one day &confess all the things you felt for him &what you're feeling now.
then tell him you that you're sorry that you messed things up last year.

freddyfrito

Kiradalia

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:25 am
More than five years later from when I started this topic, I'm looking at it and feel like there's something to be learned from this...

Spoiler alert:
It's now 2015 and I never told him ANYTHING. I lost my resolve the instant I'd see him and let those feelings of...immobilization take over. Basically, I'd just hide.
Come to think of it, I don't even remember if I've really held a conversation with him since posting this.

But you know what I DO remember?
That I never just ripped the band-aid off and talked to him.
So if anyone's thinking what I thought of "Should I tell the person I like that I like them or should I...not?",
please, FOR THE LOVE, TELL THEM.
You do not wanna be like me and wonder what could've happened.

A few weeks (at most) of awkwardness trumps years of wondering what could've been. sweatdrop  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games