H-E-L-P ! :c

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:14 pm
Well, I'm here because I've become way too confused to figure things out for myself, and I felt insight would help. Please don't ridicule me for this ><

So heres the story;
A while ago (in January) I told two people I considered to be friends that I liked a guy, and had a huge crush on him. That was mistake number one. The following Monday, news had spread to all of my friends, including my crush himself. Lets just say, it wasn't pretty...

One of the things I need help on is that my friends still tease me about it. All I want is to let it go and leave it in the past, far away from me.
Nope. Wrong. My sister still calls him "my boyfriend," and her boyfriend, who is also a friend of mine, teases me too. Its driving me to the point of breakdown.

And what really broke me down was what happened last Friday.
During school (I'm a sophomore in high school) I saw the guy with what I'm pretty sure was another girl. God yes, its an over-reaction, but when I walked into my own class, I cried my eyes out.
I STILL HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!
And I hate myself for that.

& one more thing - I feel the need to clear the air with this guy, after what happened in January. A tension has grown between us, and I want to have him as a friend without the past in the way. I really want, and need to apologize, but something is telling me he wouldn't want to hear it...
Hes come to the point of ignoring me almost completely.

So apologize, or not apologize? I'm really confused...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:55 pm
I have to say don't appoligize u did nothing wrong. All I can say is keep on talking to the dude. If he starts ignoring u don't worry about it there are other people in ur school most likely who will definantly go out with u and there is no reason to worry about an a** who ignores u.  

BlackDragon495

ALEX you l o s e r

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:10 pm
Nyaww~ there there minus^^ -huggles-

First start with the people you think will listen to you more eg. your sister. Tell your sister that calling "your not crush/maybe still crush/not boyfriend" that he ISN'T your boyfriend and that constantly telling you that he is your boyfriend is taking its toll on you mentally. Then ask her to tell her boyfriend which in turn will tell your friends -hopefully-

Next step is to address the guy. Don't go full blown "I'm sorry scene" but start with a simple conversation, hopefully without prying eyes. Hopefully during that conversation you'll find out if he is going out with another girl. Who knows, you may just find out he was crushing on you too or has fallen for you now^^

If you still feel hurt, confused or anything linked to the "guy", then rationalize why you fell for him. It usually works for me^^ And it helps me in keeping myself together and not breaking down.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:34 am
There's no need to apologize, it's not a crime to like someone. What you should do though is let him know how you feel and tell him that you didn't mean for him to find out by your friends blabbing about it to everyone. Next time you like someone, you just need to tell them before you tell everyone else.

Also, don't let them bother you. They're just being silly high schoolers and you letting it get to you is only fueling their fires and it'll just make them continue doing it. Even if it does bother you, pretend like it doesn't... they'll see that you're over it and get bored with it.  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

naturelover3

Liberal Dabbler

5,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:16 pm
Don't apologize, but maybe you should talk things out with the guy. make things clearer  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:31 pm
I'm sorry. Do you mind if I intrude?
Oh my...Dear, You've got the same problem as me...and I'm so sorry! I know exactly how you feel...Eventually, people let it go after a year or so. My friends did, anyway...Though it still comes up once in a while...But I think you should talk to him! Tell him how you feel, what you're thinking. Just let all of that stress that has built up from almost a year now be lifted! What a feeling that'll be! I want that experience myself, but I'm what you call a coward...so that won't be happening...but I posted about something like this in this guild a week or so ago and everyone keeps telling me that the best idea is to talk to whatever guy is bothering you.
So, I think you should talk to him! That way, you'll have no regrets. Otherwise, it'll just keep eating at you and you may always wonder what could've been, right? I know it's hard and there's a chance you could get hurt, but wouldn't it be worth it if you finally got it off your chest?  

Kiradalia

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:00 pm
All of you, thank you for helping. [: It really lifted my spirits, and I will talk to this guy. Thanks heart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:18 pm
Really!? Oh, thank goodness! Good job! That takes a lot of courage, but it's so worth it! Be sure to post on here and tell us how it went, okay? Yay!  

Kiradalia

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:27 pm
okay if u want people to stop teasing u hear is what u have to do and the guy would have to cooperate pretend like u two are going out for a no less than three days a week would be in the safe zone then pretend u guys agreed to split up because u weren't compatible come up with whatever reason u two weren't compatible tell all ur friends valla it goes around for about a week people forget about it and nobody bugs u anymore.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games