Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

E
  I
View Results

DvnT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:36 pm
PROBLEM:
I'm still young. Like, I'm just to the age where boys are becoming the big accessory, everyone is talking about everyone else, the coffee shop is The Place, but we can't yet drive. Much too young to lose my mom, right?
She's been going blind for a while I guess, and the doctors think it's MS, but they can't detect anything other then her blind-ness. She also has high BP, chemical depression, and has had random hemroging of the brain that they couldn't fix [it worked itself out].
Now, you see, I'm too young to lose my mom, and I can't stand my dad [he doesn't have custody anyway] and I've grown up with her.
How do I deal with this? Her mom died on Christmas day eight or ten years ago now and I just don't know what to do about it.
She started off taking Sterriods and Chemo, along with other drugs for her other problems. The doctors had to take her off of the Chemo they had started because it was trashing her Liver.
RECENTLY:
They put her back on the Chemo. today. Well, it was about ten last night anyway. I feel just awful, you have to be quiet around her, and her stomach is aching. All she did today was lay on the couch, saying she was alright. She puked twice.
Tomarrow, she says, will hurt worse then today. But she says she'll build a tolorance to the pain after a few days or a week or so. Still, I feel awful I can't help her.
We talk alot, but we are so similar that it gets annoying to be with each other after an hour or so.
This is awful, seeing her like this. All I want to do recently is cry, no matter how strong she seems. Sometimes, I see how she really feels. Out of the corner of my eye when she thinks I'm not looking. I still see she's hurting.

There is nothing that I do all day but be strong. I don't whine about just about any thing, ever, and I never have. I've always been strong, and the only way to make my cry is to get my mom. Recently, just to pretend she's alot happier then she is and to keep my from breaking down, I play Mary Poppins. She can sound just like her and my mom and I both like watching the movie.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:32 pm
I'm sorry this is happening to you. Your doing the right thing by staying strong. The only thing you could do is spend as much time with her as you possibly can. Do stuff to cheer her up and to take your mind off her illness for a while.  

Anabethe

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:09 pm
if it gets to painful for u to bear what i suggest u do is vent. just tell whoever u feel comfertable telling all ur problems tell someone who u know will listen perhaps a best friend or a sibling (siblings are good to vent with as they can vent as well and u don't feel so alone.) if u r religious u can pray. i hope this helps and im so sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 pm
Keep being strong for mom, help her out however you can. I know about chemo and its effects, my dad had to go through chemo himself and it will make your mom weak and feeling nauseated, but that will pass once she is off of it.(keep stuff clean since chemo effects the immune system she can get sick easily)

Just be there for her and be strong and pray for the best.  

Havoc Fury Magnus

Aged Spirit

Erynnari

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:24 pm
*huggles*

You are doing everything right, sweetie. There isnt much you can do besides try and help out around the house and provide support for her.

I remember being your age, as it wasnt too long ago, and not having a social life will be hard but look at things in the big perspective - more time with your mom, and she is a big part of your world.

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games