Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ban liqueur?
  ban liqueur
  keep it going
View Results

last angel served

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:23 pm
back in the 1920's the government tried to ban liqueur and it simply cause mass issues and the birth of the modern gangs, are we ready to try it again of will we have the same issues?

I think banning it again would only cause more violence and economic issues to become worse. I dont think we'll ever be ready. do you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:19 am
At least alcohol is not heroine.

I have no problem with bans of alcoholics in public, but prohibiting the private enjoyment is too much of cutting the "freedom". Too many people are addicted to it, no prohibition would last long.  

Verderbnis

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:39 am
Love thy Neighbour

I see no good reason to ban alcoholic drinks. The money required to attempt to enforce prohibition could be better spent on things: like public education, health care and creating jobs.
Honour thyself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:23 pm
Charles Dodo
Love thy Neighbour

I see no good reason to ban alcoholic drinks. The money required to attempt to enforce prohibition could be better spent on things: like public education, health care and creating jobs.
Honour thyself

I see what u mean but look at what alcoholism has done to millions of people, is it really worth having exist?  

last angel served

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:28 am
To speak the cynical truth: yes, it's another spring of money, so why would any government on earth prohibit it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 am
heart I DON'T THINK THEY'LL EVER BAN ALCOHOL !! TOO MANY PEOPLE JUST LOVE THE STUFF LOL !! INCLUDING ME...HA HA HA
heart  

babipari

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:37 am
first off i have tried alcohol and i must admit i dont see the big fuss about it. i can achieve the same state with just lack of sleep
but to ban it altogether would cause more problems then it would fix. the money to enforce a prohibition, as stated earlier would better be spent on things like health care, jobs, crime.
instead of a prohibition, make it steeper peneltys for drunkeness, so people are less inclined to drink and then do, but i do realize when you drink you loose your ability to reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:27 am
RSD hollow
Charles Dodo
Love thy Neighbour

Honour thyself

I see what u mean but look at what alcoholism has done to millions of people, is it really worth having exist?

And what percentage of people who drink do so to the point where it's a problem? Why should I be denied the simple pleasure of a pint in the evening simply because there are people who are unable to stop there?

Car accidents kill thousands, should they be made illegal because some people use them irresponsibly?  

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Zivillyn

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:56 am
Personally I don't like alcohol. Its against my religion and screws with your head too much, but sadly, without alcohol, the economy would go into an even steeper downward spiral, and the suicide rate would go up exponentially because so many people use it for an anti depressant.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 pm
In the words of Pierre Elliot Trudeau "the state has no place in the bedrooms of the nation."

A government should promote individual choice rather then take it away. Give the people responsibility and choice, trust them to do what's right, punish those who do what's wrong. Thus, I am not a huge fan of prohibition.  

R0ssby

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:06 pm
ideally, it would be a great thing if we could successfully ban liquor (no drunk driving problems, no drunken rampages, etc), but this is one of those things where we can probably look back and say we have learned from history, with the liquor being imported in the country and being made in people's basements, and now regulate it more and it's all good (yeah right)  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games