Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
boycott [adult swim] and adultswim.com on february 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crazydude444292

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:33 am
[adult swim] needs to made an example of for pulling a bait and switch late last summer into the fall. why do i say boycott them now? i have one good reason. ever since they put anime back on the saturday lineup, only non-anime programs have taken the top spot each week in their demographic ratings and i feel it has gone on for long enough. in short, we the fans need to make a statement to tell them that saturday is anime only and not comedy or the boondocks. so from 10:00 p.m. e/p on february 7 to 6:00 a.m. e/p on february 8, boycott all [adult swim] programming and adultswim.com.

if you support this, please make a video and post the link for me here!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 am
One day boycotts do nothing.  

KaguraOfTheWind

Mythic-TwilighT-Venom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:23 pm
your plan will fail you gota tell them how you feel and get a patcion started  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:33 pm
I'm living with false hope

And my eyes just want to see a ray of light

I'm gonna find it in my fairy tale...

I say boycott them forever.

I know how the rest of Code Geass turns out. They took off Moribito. I have no reason to go near them ever again.

LavenderMintRose

Cheery Sweetheart

ITADAKIMASU NOM NOM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 pm
They should play two episodes of Death Note so I don't have to wait for-the-frig-ever to see Episodes 21-37. |:<

But yeah, boycotts do nothing. I'll tell you why. Adult Swim and several other channels use the Neilsen rating system. The NRS DOES NOT AFFECT THE GENERAL POPULATION, but instead, uses a Neilsen box. Neilsen boxes record the viewer history of the person, and are only given to a small number of people in the United States, who, by law, cannot be identified. Information gathered through said boxes only indicates what people are watching and not why/why not they are watching a particular show or channel.

The best idea, thank you Venom, is to get a petition. There's a site for that, I think. I'ono. I'll post it whan I find it. Who knows, if enough people sign, then we'll be looking at Anime Saturdays. 3nodding Oh, and ADVERTISE THE PETITION. I cannot stress this enough. Post it on the Petitions thread. Put in Facebook/MySpace. Hold up a sign on the Today Show. Do whatever you have to do to get the petition OUT THERE, and spread the word BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY.

When you've got enough signatures- 1,000- you can take the link of the petition, and send the people at Adult Swim a letter (remember your perfect grammar! c: ) politely stating your demands, tell them you have a petition with __ many signatures, and include the link to the petition. There is no doubt in my mind that if you get 2,000 signatures, Anime Saturday will follow soon after your email is sent.

It's also a good idea to find others with the same ideas as you...You can put their petitions in your email too. blaugh

The only anime I've ever really watched is Death Note, I saw one episode of Naruto and I hated it. Aside from those, I've never really watched anime. Maybe if we do get our Anime Saturday, I'll get into more of it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:38 pm
I doubt that a petition will do any good. When YTV (Canada) Moved it's anime block from friday to saturday their whole site forum went up in arms. How have they responded, their anime block was reduced to only Naruto and Bleach. So they had direct input from the viewing audience and just kept doing more to piss them off. I'd expect similar results from CN.  

KaguraOfTheWind

cupcakemichi

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:45 pm
boycotting only works where they are directly losing large amounts of money...

in other words, there is no way in h311 that it's going work on AS.
petition with a couple thousand sigs might do some good, but not much, knowing adult swim anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:39 am
I miss my anime on AS. It stopped being good awhile ago now.

User 15282449

Premium Garbage

"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games