Do you think my idea reasonable?
  Yes.
  No.
  I'd have to think about it.
  I just do this for the gold. :XD
View Results

KylaiaJmaa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:09 pm
So, say that every person was on a sperate plane of reality, exept it was all layered on top of one another, so we still see others.
Think of a clear paper. And on this paper is a Mormon. Next to this Morman, invisible, is Jesus. And above him, invisible, is God. And every religious belief of that Morman is true, while he is still drawn on that paper.
On another piece of clear paper is a Bhuddist, and there is Bhudda, in invisible ink, ectera. And while on this paper, everything he believes is true.
Say each person in the entire world got one of these clear papers, and we were all layered on top of one another, so athough we could allbe seen and spoken to, we each got a different plane of reality, where out beliefs were true.
Even if two people were Mormans, they would exist on seperate planes, because they each interpretated things differently.
The atheists would be seperate. For although they might have the exact same religious beliefs, one may believe strawberry is the best ice cream, and another may think Mint is the best.
The gods do not see one another, and do not realize the others are there. Even if they did know, most would not care to accosiate with a so obviously inferior god (because each person believes their god is the best, and on their plane they are correct, their gods share the same opinion. Unles of course they believe that their god dissagrees with them.)

Just a thought I had. Sort of optimistic thinking, but I like optimism.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:07 pm
I'd say you are a genious. smile

I've had ideas like that before, actually. People say that there can't be other realms/planes for the simple fact that the universe is infininte and there would be no room. But, I think the realms/planes are like, overlapping each other. It's really a hard concept to explain for me. Hmm, I guess you could say it's like adding water to other water and trying to tell the two bodies of water apart.

But then I ask myself, "What about the people that can astral travel or claim that they can travel to different realms/planes?" Well, then it would be like adding different dyes to water. You can see the dye, but it's terribly hard to identify dye from the apart from the water although you can see the dye, and you can see the water.

Which, that thought leads me to another thought. Let's say you astral travel and you go onto another plane. Do the inhabitants of that plane belive in completely different concepts like God & their morals? Or are there any inhabitants at all? Maybe you are still on the same plane you were on before, just in a different form/state?

I also thought that maybe whatever you believe happens to you after you die, will really happen to you after you die due to the fact that you may be on a different plane that everyone else, yet still visible. So Christians may go to Heaven, Wiccans go to the Summerlands, Satanists go live with Satan and his Paradise, atheists don't have an afterlife at all, ect.

Sorry if that bored you...  

Hold on a Minute

Intelife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:43 pm
It's a good theory, albeit a few holes. For instance, your theory implies that each person's idea of, say, God, is nothing but that person's ideal image of what they believe. What if, for instance, someone believed something, but didn't want to believe it?

Also, I don't think personal tastes in food or any other material item would/should affect each person's subjective reality for their "afterlife".

Oh, and at the end of the second sentence of your second paragraph, LadyReader, you stated 'while on this paper, everything he believes is true.'
I have to ask, what happens when that person dies? are they erased from the paper with a giant Pentec, or do they rise off the page like a drawing come to life? What would happen to them, if they left the paper where everything they believed was true, and entered a plane of existence where things they didn't believe were true? (just speculation, not suggestion)

As for Kruspe, I have to ask what you mean by 'astral travel'. I'm not sure I understand the definition. The concept is clear as day, to be sure, but the
term is unfamiliar.

And one last question: what if two people believed in the same things, exactly the same way, to a T? Would they share an afterlife?

Sorry about all the questions and whatnot. I like solid theories. ^^ not to say that your's isn't good, 'cause it's damned well thought out, there were only a few things lacking definition. Ciao!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Astral travelling is where you can leave your physical body and walk around as like a spirit. People say you are on a different plane from your body when you do this.

Does that answer your question? smile  

Hold on a Minute

zfirezdancerz666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:54 pm
I like your idea very much. It does have a very optimistic view, and you are right as humans we percieve every little thing on this planet in a different way than everyone else. Even just slightly. However, I feel that every religion has the same exact purpose, and they are all similiar in the way that they believe that Humans need some sort of salvation, and in that salvation comes the differences on how each person on this planet can be saved; and promised the door to heaven. As an atheist people obviously believe there is no god. They I suppose don't fall into this category as much, but maybe they do considering they probably believe in SOME type of faith just, maybe more towards a nature or evolutionary perspective. Like you said, each religion and each person is a clear piece of a layer that we can see clearly, but may never understand their views as they do. I think that is the beauty of humanity, you know? We each have a unique way of thinking, and percieving things, especially when it comes to religion most of all. Bravo biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:17 pm
I'm going to answer the questions that aren't all confusing now.

What if someone believed somthing, but didn't want to believe it?
then it is still true. For a really weird example, say I liked lima beans, but didn't want to like them because ut made people think I was wierd. I would still like lima beans.

What happens when person dies?
They are still in their reality as spirits. Their body melt into the other layers all at once as the spirits leave the bodys, but the spirits stay in that reality in their believed afterlife.

What if two people believed exactly the same things, exactly the same way?
they would share an afterlife. they would exist on the same plane. If they believed exactly the same things though, they would live in exactly the same place eating exactly the same things with exactly the same job ect. Tecnically it's impossible.

if people believe their relitives on different planes were going t be in their afterlife, how would that work?
This is where paralell universes come in. The other person would be in your afterlife, from a paralell universewhere they believed what you did. In the section of the plane while you are living paralell universes are speperate. when you die, they are not.

I hope this answers all your questions! ^^  

KylaiaJmaa

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:21 pm
i've always believed something like that! i mean, i never given it examples to help othe rpeople get that, but that's a good way to explain it!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:14 pm
I hate living without you, dead wrong to ever doubt you.

It's very weak and flimsy like a piece of paper... honestly Intelife pointed that out.

What you believe nullifies what others believe, therefore their page does not exist. So if their page is not there they aren't there, and if they aren't there they don't exist. nonexistence means you wouldn't seem them. But you said if you die you become a ghost, but that that mean other people are ghost because they exist on another plane... like the ghost.

But you can go ahead and try to make a book of the earth that can't be seen, but it will be thrown into the fire with the rest.

But my demons lay in waiting to tempt me away.

shadowmartyn

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:10 am
Thanks for explaining the astral spheres one more time, there are already religious ideas, in which you wander on a sphere/plane/circle/layer, whatever.

But they don't define one specific "page" as god directly, they label it as the "godly site", nobody ever saw it, so there's just a description, not a name.

Nah, anyways, in the end we'll see who took the wrong way...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 am
I kinda life this idea. i think i can see your page from my page. ninja  

Britainian_Knight

Kagayaku Shirou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:48 pm
So it would be fine to think that I am right, even when am not, because in my paper I think so?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 am
I really like this idea, as people DO think in different ways.  

RiziN-ergeez

Bruce of House Banner

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:34 pm
KylaiaJmaa, I agree with you and Hold on a Minute completely. I have believed something similar for years.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 am
"We are not unique but our circumstances are and it is how we perceive those circumstances that make us who we are."
You idea is good. However it lacks the beginning and ending.

I shall start with the ending.

In life, every second, every nanosecond we have two choices. Yes or no. This second, I chose to type hence a whole new 'page' is created with that choice. And in that page we have all those people whose choices led them to that 'page'. It can be the yes or no. Next second, we enter another page with the same set of people but they are not the same as they have 'changed' because of their choices. While in the previous page I was yes and you were no, in next page I am there because I am no and you are still yes. It can be said that we are constantly turning the pages until death and so on.

Now the middle part is your thought. For us, our 'yes' is true and for them their 'no' is true. We are in our individual pages but in an instant of one second all the pages are 'in sync' with each other forming a large banner.Those continuous 'in sync' moment allows us to interact with people and even see them. And in that moment of sync, our banner directly superimposes the banner of 'The One' and thus the feeling of faith, feeling of connection with others (The super-strings theory in physics).

Now let's start at the beginning. At the beginning there was 'The One' and this theory of choices, 'yes' or 'no' applies to Him. So every second He created different pages and is creating till now. Now, x'yes' and y'no' ended up giving 'The One' the identity of you. His a'yes' and z'no' ended up creating me. Thus the saying that 'God is me, God is inside me, we all are children of the God', we are the consequences of choices of The One. So in essence we all are one. If there was x'yes' instead of a'yes' and y'no' instead of z; I would be you and you would be me.

That's my theory of parallel universe and God and what not.  

Dr1gon

8,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items