Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
why do people feel the need to make fun of other people? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vakna

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:49 pm
Lus-cloud
People are mean to others because they do not understand the other's point of view, or had a different up bringing.

That's stupid.
I completely understand, I just laugh at him because it's funny. I do it for myself, I get a good giggle, a rush of endorphins, etcetera. Not for a "posse", as previously stated. Plus, he'd do the same if our positions were switched. And after it's done we'd know we were both kidding. Anyone who gets hurt by words is stupid, and everyone around here understands that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:17 pm
i think people are mean to others to take away attention from their on faults. if everyone is looking at the person being teased then it hides the bullies mishaps and faults. And sometimes the bully is getting bullied so they think its the right thing to do when its not. And it fuels their hunger for attention and makes them feel powerful.  

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:57 pm
Well, they need to feel better about themselves.
They are trying to get someone's attention or any really.
It gives them something to do.
They need a laugh.

I do admit that I insult and demean people, but out of fun. The only time I really do for anything else is if I'm angry or Sad with someone and I want to hurt them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:36 pm
Intelife
I think that, for the most part, people do do it because it gives them a sense of power, pushing someone below them with words. Frankly, it's all in the head, but that doesn't stop it from becoming habitual. Usually, by 10th or 11th grade, kids only pick on each other jokingly, because all of them know none of them actually means it. And if the person does mean it and gets really serious about it, they generally become the ridiculed one for being immature. Then again, that's just my English class for you. It could be that it's just something the bully got used to doing and never stopped, so they are essentially screwed in life for being an a*****e.

Wow. That became a lot longer than I expected.... ^^;;
So true.

It occurs for a variety of reasons, some of it has to do with personality, upbringing and environment. It makes the individual that does it feel better about themselves by putting others below them, in turn kinda giving them a power of sorts (or so they think). It's also an attention-getter for those who've been pushed aside in society or in their own homes and serves as a substitution for other feelings.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 am
Oh, there are many reason for different places (NOTE: * means that it I support this happening):

Real Life

1. People have been abused in their houses as children, therefor unleashing their anger energy on others to make their self feel better. (This is the only reason I can think of.)

Internet

1. iT is lIKe sO BEcAUse my lvl 100 excaliber sWORd is WAY beTter THaN ur n00b w00dEn SwOrD!

2. On youtube, if someone bitches in the public, someone will find this "bitcher" and make fun of then. Making a quite a lot success, people will laugh.

3. * Fangirls and Fanboys are put down very much on Deiviant Art (and other sites). They do the same thing with the same characters with the same crappy re-colors with the same story. People sense this cycle and make fun of them. Everybody except the fangirls/boys support it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 pm
it make people feel more powerful than others. makes them think there better then them. well, thats what I think.  

stornkid789

Mr Jekyll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:23 pm
People are built to find any reason to hate someone. Even the person you love most has something about them you dont like. Also the making fun of people is a wish to crush the spirit of the target. It also makes them an easier target. So you really just want to kill whoever your making fun of. and it makes it blatantly obvious that you dont like them and they should piss off.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:43 pm
In todays society, the modern human is like a sort of parasite. It feeds off of the self esteem of others. They do this by ridiculing and making fun of them. The first people to do so were insecure and tried to grow their own self esteem by draining others. Since then, they believe that is the only way to be accepted by others.

There's my explanation. I know this because I am a victim of it in my daily life.  

Sir Francis XLII

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces