Submit

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:39 am
I'm not sure if there is another topic like this but here's my story:
It all started at the beginning of last year when I had a crush on this guy at school (who is in alot of my classes) and added him on bebo. I thought by adding him it would let him know that I liked him (I should've commented on his page even though it is too late now). I'm not sure if he did know I liked him but after I added him I kept thinking he'd been showing me signs. I became so obsessed with him that I'd probably told almost the whole world that I liked (which was a stupid thing to do) - even the populars, who seemed nice when they asked who my crush was. When I told all these people I didn't take into consideration that if he didn't like me or if he got a girlfriend I would be a fool in front of all the people I told I liked him.
Well, throughout the whole of last year I was still so obsessed with him but I was way too shy to tell him how I felt and this had went on until the start of this week. I did the stupid thing of waiting until he would ask me out, which he never. Because of my obsession, I was constantly checking his relationship status on bebo to see if he was still single (I know, I sound like a stalker). sweatdrop
So I'll just get to the point. When we all finally got back to school (this year) from the long Christmas holidays, a couple of weeks went by then something horrible happened. In Maths, I saw he was talking and laughing with this other girl in our class. I kind of let that one go even though that moment was always on my mind. When class finished I was walking pass someone and caught part of their conversation: something something "...is going out with (the guy's name goes here)". After I felt a bit paranoid but I told myself that I must have been mishearing it.
Next Maths lesson, the guy was at it again with that other girl. Now I was sure he liked her. I felt horribly sick, dizzy, and found it hard to breathe - the hot weather did not make things any better. Surprisingly I was strong enough to not cry and I also focused on my work and my survival without letting anyone see I was suffering.

So now, I really need help on how to deal with this sadness which I don't think I can hide anymore if they keep this up everytime I have subjects with both of them. I just can't avoid them and I don't want to try to break them up because they are well-suited for one another, they share the same interests.
And something else too - because this incident happened on the week before Valentine's Day, how will I be able to cope on that day? I've never seen them kiss each other but they will no doubt be doing that on the day. I guess I have to fly solo yet again and now my life just seems boring and empty without the thoughts of him being with me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:24 pm

You and I are both in the same situation.

Its best to move on, in general. But if you ever actually talked to one another in a friendly manner, its good to keep talking - and maybe even remain friends(?).
As to let off steam, write in a journal, talk, sing, or anything that makes you happy. It might take a while for you to find someone else (and I know it has for me), but maybe you'll find yourself someone thats even better, and maybe who even likes you back.
If you ever need to talk, theres a ton of people in this forum (including myself) who are willing to listen. Good luck! [:

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:39 pm
No, I've never talked to him once, he is sort of a part of the populars even though he seems like a nice guy compared to all his other friends but yeah, I have never talked to him. I'm a shy person, and a bit dorky so that's why.
But thank you, I've been listening to cheerful music now that makes me happy. Hopefully I do find someone, even though I'm a bit picky with guys and their nationality. sweatdrop I think it's really my pickiness that I've never had a boyfriend before.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:28 pm
You're very welcome. [:

I think pickiness is kind of good, actually - taking it slow is a good idea. (in my opinion, at least. no rushing into relationships / love, yayyy. Ever heard someone say "You don't find love, love finds you?") :9

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Lavender-the-9-tailed-fox

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 pm
What I suggest is give up. What I mean by that, is not care so much if you have a boyfriend. Let love come to you, but let yourself become independent. I've been independent for a long time now, and I am seriously happy. I still get crushes but I never dwell on them and I just keep moving forward so the pain of finding out my crush has a gf doesn't bother me at all anymore. Just say 'Love isn't important. If I get it, I get it.' XD
Hope that helps at all. I have bf now, but even if he broke up with me right now I would just smile and just stay friends with him. XD
Actually, I find myself kind of drifting away from love totally, but I'm sure that won't happen to you. I am not sane in the head, so yeah. (it's been proven. Trust me.)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:02 pm
if he didn't notice you then he must be a loser. leave the beautiful women to men with no imagination and wait for the right guy.  

le_pwner

ChaoticCatDemon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 pm
I know this is a bit late, but I agree with everyone here. Move on. You'll find that someone. Sometimes, that special someone will be right under your nose the entire time.

And I agree with le_pwner. If the dude didn't notice you, then screw him. He's a loser who probably went after the other girl for some shallow reasons.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games