Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures
~*Japanese Translations*~ ((needing help))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zig Zag Zebra

Greedy Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:45 pm
I need major help... you see I am writing this song... but I need someone the change the lyrics into Japanese for me... I need someone who is fluent to translate it. I dont have the paper its written on at the moment but I will post it next time I get on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:50 am
I can try. Pm me with it. I'm pretty fluent, but at the same time not so much, 'cause no one speaks it here. D;  

thatthempersonthere

Tipsy Player

charliewaffles7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:04 pm
I could try. I may not be fluent in Japanese but I have an English<-> Japanese dictionary. Better yet, you should go buy one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 pm
cwilder725
I could try. I may not be fluent in Japanese but I have an English<-> Japanese dictionary. Better yet, you should go buy one.

This would be a great idea unless you consider the fact that the speaking of Japanese and English are totally different, grammatically speaking. Japanese has some words that have no English translation at all, such as the word "no". This word is used to join two nouns together. For example, consider the sentence, "Haha no namae wa Rinda desu". In English, this would be translated, "My mother's name is Linda". The grammar is seriously different. Literal English translation is more like "Mother--name--Linda (possessive)." So unless you have a guide to Japanese grammar, as well as a dictionary, you should not try to translate it without knowing the language well. This would be like a song in broken English. ^^ Sorry about that, if you were planning on trying it.... sweatdrop  

Ariemea

Dangerous Informer

"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces