Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Is The Tsubasa Chronicles worth watching?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:55 am
I started watchin the Tsubasa Chronicles a couple of days ago,and Im a bit dissapointed to be honest. It seems...very dull compared to Cardcaptors. About 50% of the episodes seem to be flashbacks, and nothing is really happening.I've watched up to Episode 7, and I'm begining to ask myself if its worth watching. Dos it get better? Should I watch something else instead,or continue watching Tsubasa Chronicles? question  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:18 pm
Okay, first of all, do you mean Cardcaptor Sakura, as in the original series and the English manga, or Cardcaptors, as in the horrible Englidh dub?

And second of all, Tsubasa really isn't like CCS at all in the first place, save for a few characters. As much as it crosses over with plenty of other CLAMP series (and that's a LOT), it is still it's own series, so it is probably best NOT to compare. And besides, you happen to be watching the anime.

If you think it's too slow, then do what I do; read the manga. With the anime of a lot of different series, I can go at my own pace, which is much faster and more comfortable. If you can't acsess the print version, try reading scantalations off the Internet.

Overall, if you don;t like it so much, take a pause and look at another series. But if you stay for the long haul, you might find something interesting.  

RedSpade11

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:09 am
I mean Cardcaptor Sakura,the Japanese dub! The English dub is terrible,it makes me cringe! gonk
I know aTTC and CCS are two completely different series,even though some of the characters look similar. I've watched a few epiosdes and its very depressing...they don't seem to be getting anywhere. Maybe Im watching it too soon after CCS, I might watch something else and come back to TTC another time.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 am
Aquadreamer00
I mean Cardcaptor Sakura,the Japanese dub! The English dub is terrible,it makes me cringe! gonk
I know aTTC and CCS are two completely different series,even though some of the characters look similar. I've watched a few epiosdes and its very depressing...they don't seem to be getting anywhere. Maybe Im watching it too soon after CCS, I might watch something else and come back to TTC another time.

Yes maybe you should go back to it after a while

And yes some of the charcters do look simalier and there is a reason for that. You find out later on in the series why.  

Nanatsuiro-Rainbow

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

Sakurawings_Melody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:15 pm
Well,it's mostly up to you.If you 'dislike' it,you should stop watching it or you can follow how BellaSwan-614 watches it.reading the manga and watching the show.You mostly see the difference between the manga and the anime.they cut a lot of scenes from the show crying anyway,I still like that show,but not as much as Cardcaptor Sakura! heart 3nodding  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games