Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R U CONFUZEDED?
  No
  Once Before(well damn!)
View Results

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:45 am
Bulbapedia says that you get a Togepi Egg from the champion in Eterna city and an Eevee the first time you go to Hearthome city from Bebe in Platnium.
It also says that Yanma are Uncommon and that Scythers are rare near 215. Also, the Elite four in that game also use Post-national Dex Pokemon. Does this mean that I can get a Vaporeon or a Yanmega before completing the Sinnoh Dex?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:49 pm
Well, it's possible that Platinum has some different Sinnoh Dex pokemon. the climate is going to be colder and some of the gyms have been rearranged.

For Yanma and Scyther, those two would be considered uncommon and rare regardless of if you have the National Dex or not, so, you'll have to talk to a Platinum user if you can obtain them before the National Dex is obtained.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:46 pm
The Sinnoh regional pokedex is bigger in Pokemon Platinum. (Nintendo has never done this before.)

The first 151 pokemon are still exactly the same (#151 being Manaphy) and in Pokemon Platinum there are 210, meaning there are 59 more. Those new pokemon are:

152. Rotom
152. Gligar
154. Gliscor
155. Nosepass
156. Probopass
157. Ralts
158. Kirlia
159. Gardevoir
160. Gallade
161. Lickitung
162. Lickilicky
163. Eevee
164. Vaporeon
165. Jolteon
166. Flareon
167. Espeon
168. Umbreon
169. Leafeon
170. Glaceon
171. Swablu
172. Altaria
173. Togepi
174. Togetic
175. Togekiss
176. Houndour
177. Houndoom
178. Magnemite
179. Magnetone
180. Magnezone
181. Tangela
182. Tangrowth
183. Yanma
184. Yanmega
185. Tropius
186. Rhyhorn
187. Rhydon
188. Rhyperior
189. Duskull
190. Dusclops
191. Dusknoir
192. Porygon
193. Porygon2
194. Porygon-Z
195. Scyther
196. Scizor
197. Elekid
198. Electabuzz
199. Electivire
200. Magby
201. Magmar
202. Magmortar
203. Swinub
204. Piloswine
205. Mamoswine
206. Snorunt
207. Glalie
208. Froslass
209. Absol
210. Giratina

As you can see, Eevee, Togepi, Yanma, Scyther... they have all been added to the Sinnoh pokedex. This means you *need* to see a Vaporeon and a Yanmega *in order to complete* the Sinnoh Dex in the first place. (Actually acquiring them is much better.)

(Note that, in Pokemon Platinum, you can get credit for seeing Manaphy thanks to a book in the Pokemon Mansion.)

The Elite Four (and the Gym Leaders) both use Sinnoh pokemon ; they just have 59 more to choose from. (Some of those 59 were probably intentionally added to bring better pokemon to the Elite Four / Gym Leaders.)

As for the location in-game of pokemon, I'm firing up my Platinum (Japanese version) to see what it says...

Scyther: The in-game pokedex indicates that Scyther shows up on Routes 210 and 215. (Its evolved form, Scizor, does not appear anywhere in the wild.)

Yanma: The in-game pokedex indicates that Yanma shows up in The Great Marsh (aka The Safari Game.) (Its evolved form, Yanmega, does not appear anywhere in the wild.)

Togepi: The in-game pokdex indicates that Togepi shows up on Route 230 (post Elite Four), but you can get one earlier from The Champion in the form of an egg.

Eevee: The in-game pokedex indicates that Eevee can be caught at the Pokemon Mansion, but you can get one easier from the girl that runs the computer system.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 pm
*SQUEEEEE!* You don't know how happy I is now. Since I've got it in reserve, I'm so getting it the 22. One more questions.
Where does one obtain the secret Key to change Rotom's forms?  

Kumi Katsuna

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:14 pm
Kumi Katsuna
*SQUEEEEE!* You don't know how happy I is now. Since I've got it in reserve, I'm so getting it the 22. One more questions.
Where does one obtain the secret Key to change Rotom's forms?

It's an event-only item. However, Nintendo is finally using the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift feature to give it away which means that we should be able to get it over the internet. (That's what they've been doing for Pokemon Platinum.)

It's why I was able to get the Secret Key for my Japanese Pokemon Platinum game despite being here in the U.S. 3nodding (They've also given away the Membership Card key item which allows you to capture Darkrai in-game, and sometime next month they'll be giving away Oak's Letter so I'll be able to catch Shaymin in-game. blaugh )  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games