Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Why I dislike the dubbed version of Pokemon...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zig Zag Zebra

Greedy Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:15 pm
I dislike the dub... mostly because this anime became just another to have all the characters names fricked up! I cant even explain how I hate it when this happens to animes! ugguh! if anyone else who hates this please post something so I know I am not alone!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:25 pm
It's quite unfortunate that we know Ash Ketchum as Ash and not as Satoshi. (At least, I believe that's his original Japanese name?)  

Nadian
Crew

Zig Zag Zebra

Greedy Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:38 pm
I know in the manga his name is Red... but is that only the manga? or is it the dubbed manga!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:35 pm
XoX_Romantic_Roleplay_XoX
I know in the manga his name is Red... but is that only the manga? or is it the dubbed manga!
red is not Ash. they're very different.
The manga is based roughly on the game. The anime is based roughly (purely by location, some names, and the fact that you catch pokemon) on the game.
The game, is closer to the manga than the anime.
Don't mistake Red for Ash, Red is awesome, Ash, is not.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:12 am
wellwisher
red is not Ash. they're very different.
The manga is based roughly on the game. The anime is based roughly (purely by location, some names, and the fact that you catch pokemon) on the game.
The game, is closer to the manga than the anime.
Don't mistake Red for Ash, Red is awesome, Ash, is not.

Very true. You can't have the title, "The battler" and suck.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:47 am
gomen... I confuse everyone in the manga! gomen gomen... then what the hell is everyones real names? I can never find the right episodes! ugggguh! Im a baka... *overload* malfunction! *shuts down* reboot system activate *reboots*  

Zig Zag Zebra

Greedy Gekko

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:46 pm
gomen... I confuse everyone in the manga! gomen gomen... then what the hell is everyones real names? I can never find the right episodes! ugggguh! Im a baka... *overload* malfunction! *shuts down* reboot system activate *reboots*

In themanga, their names don't correlate to anything. (but they have names that relate to the game series that they existed in in the manga to game connection.
Red, Blue, and Green. (best examples are Ash, Gary, and the girl for Leafgreen and firered) yellow has no correlation at all. (and the game yellow was made as an afterthought because of the anime, I don't really count it as one of the full games)
Gold, Silver, Crystal. (best examples are the main character in G/S, then your rival in G/S, then the girl you can choose to play as in Crystal)
Ruby, sapphire, Emerald (The guy you can play as, the girl you can play as, an some random short person)
I haven't read the diamond, pearl, Platinum manga yet, but, the real names of the characters in the manga are in fact the colors oif the games. They have no correlation to real characters in the show.(except for things that the game had already decided upon.)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:55 pm
I grew up with the dubbed versions of Pokemon, so they'll always hold a place in my heart. However, lately the dubbers have gotten very cheesy with the voices. I think the old ones they actually did a very good job outside of changing the names, (Then again at that age I never would've remembered "Satoshi") but as soon as Misty left the entire show went downhill. The girl characters have really been given a silly girly image, whereas Misty was tough, but with a motherly side. I'm glad they still kept Brock flirty as always though. >P

Even now, I still love Meowth, heck Team Rocket in general were always my favorite characters. Sure, they've been really wussied up now, but they still are the most worthwhile part of the show.  

Lewn

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:44 am
lunamoondragon
I grew up with the dubbed versions of Pokemon, so they'll always hold a place in my heart. However, lately the dubbers have gotten very cheesy with the voices. I think the old ones they actually did a very good job outside of changing the names, (Then again at that age I never would've remembered "Satoshi") but as soon as Misty left the entire show went downhill. The girl characters have really been given a silly girly image, whereas Misty was tough, but with a motherly side. I'm glad they still kept Brock flirty as always though. >P

Even now, I still love Meowth, heck Team Rocket in general were always my favorite characters. Sure, they've been really wussied up now, but they still are the most worthwhile part of the show.

TRUTH. OP is just mad because she likes rice ballz.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games