Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Congratulations! You're in love! (...Congrats...So am I...)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Typical teenage girl question: Should I persue him?
  Of course! Stand up for yourself and take what you want!
  If you're in love with him enough, then go for it
  Only if they ask YOU out...
  I wouldn't if I were you...
  No way! She's your friend and this could be true love! Back off!
View Results

Kiradalia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:17 pm
Hi there! I hope you don't mind terribly, but I am in a rather desperate need for advice. Will you please listen?

Okay, so as typical as it is for a teenage girl, I seem to have fallen in love with a certain guy...but it's not as simple as that...You see, a good friend told me that she too has fallen in love with him. There's something that makes me wonder if I shouldn't back off from persuing him, though...Unfortunately, my friend is already dating someone else...That being said, I feel like it's not fair if she goes after the guy we both fell in love with. That's not only for my sake, but for her current boyfriend's, you know? I know him and he's a the kind of guy that deserves a whole lot better than what he's had happen to him in the past. He's a really nice guy that you can depend on...It makes me feel awful that my friend is considering dumping that poor man. He doesn't deserve that...

Of course, I also partly feel like I should let her have free range because she told me about her feelings first. It's like she said it first, so she's made her claim...I hope that doesn't sound bad...I'm also considering that my friend stated that the guy is her ideal man; smart, charismatic and funny. I don't know if it's right to steal her soulmate, you know? At the same time, I adore those qualities best, too...and I'm NOT dating a really good guy.

I just don't know what to think. I'm the kind of person who always rolls over for others, but this time...I'm not sure if that's going to apply in this situation. I've been through a lot of problems that resulted from my heart and it's been at least a year since I looked at a guy (or girl, just to cover that base) and thought anything like "I want to be with them"...though I'm sure my friend has intense feelings, too. I've been trying to be the one she talks to about her love for the guy. She tells me that whenever she knows he is in the area, she secretly looks for him, just to see his presence.

I'm sorry I typed so much, but...I'm just so lost! My friend loves him so much...but I love him so much, too! I feel like I don't want to just give her what she wants this time, but to stand up for what I truly desire! She's my friend, though...I just feel lost...That's the best word to describe how I feel.

I feel LOST. May I please have some direction?

Edit: There is one more thing I should mention. I recently realized that my friend had found out of my crush. This is how she opted to handle it: She forced herself on the guy in front of me. This girl, who was a good friend of mine, had flung herself at the guy in front of me! The reason I know that it wasn't that I just happened to be there when she did it was because as she kissed him...well...she was looking at me...After that, she constantly wanted to tell me that it was so obvious that they were to be together...At this point, I can't confidently call her a friend. Someone who would deliberately hurt me so badly for her own good can't be be considered a friend.
That being said, should that change anything about how I make my decision?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:58 pm
I think it's a case of whose more important.

Option A) Having a guy, who you semi like.

Option B) Having a good Friend.

If choosing the guy would cause a huge fight between the two of you it might not be worth it. However talk to your friend about how you feel and explain to her she has a boyfriend and you're wanting a chance in that spotlight.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:01 pm
cool4
I think it's a case of whose more important.

Option A) Having a guy, who you semi like.

Option B) Having a good Friend.

If choosing the guy would cause a huge fight between the two of you it might not be worth it. However talk to your friend about how you feel and explain to her she has a boyfriend and you're wanting a chance in that spotlight.

I completely agree with this - its better to keep your friend, because crushes / boyfriends will come and go. But you should also talk to your friend about this guy. [:
Good luck!

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff