Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
a question about EV training.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

disliker of the mary sue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:52 pm
i caught a azelf and looked up on smogon and saw a good moveset for it. the thing is it needs a EV of 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe for it to work properly. .
who do i fight to get these EV for my azelf?

edit

while asking questions where do i find a life orb and a tm teaching flamethrower if there is one?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:14 pm
Life Orb can be found just outside Stark Mountain (after defeating the Elite Four and obtaining the National Dex.)

I think Flamethrower can be found in the Fuego Ironworks. It's essentially just north of Florama, you need to use surf and head north on Route 205 to get there. Alternatively, you can buy Flamethrower in Veilstone. It'll either require a lot of gambling or you'll have to spend a lot of $$$ to get enough coins.

As for EV training your Azelf... are you able to infect him with Pokerus? Do you have a Macho Brance? Or a Power Anklet?

It might also be very difficult to know how to train him. I haven't verified that all my Diamond / Pearl EV training hotspots are still good, and I'm not sure if the Alakazam and Gastrodon trainers I focus on will upgrade their pokemon before you've beaten the Elite Four.  

Nadian
Crew

disliker of the mary sue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:17 pm
Nadian
Life Orb can be found just outside Stark Mountain (after defeating the Elite Four and obtaining the National Dex.)

I think Flamethrower can be found in the Fuego Ironworks. It's essentially just north of Florama, you need to use surf and head north on Route 205 to get there. Alternatively, you can buy Flamethrower in Veilstone. It'll either require a lot of gambling or you'll have to spend a lot of $$$ to get enough coins.

As for EV training your Azelf... are you able to infect him with Pokerus? Do you have a Macho Brance? Or a Power Anklet?

It might also be very difficult to know how to train him. I haven't verified that all my Diamond / Pearl EV training hotspots are still good, and I'm not sure if the Alakazam and Gastrodon trainers I focus on will upgrade their pokemon before you've beaten the Elite Four.

i can get it infected with pokerus but i not sure where to find a macho brace or power anklet.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm
I can't remember where to find the Macho Brace. I guess maybe you could buy it at the Battle Tower in D/P, meaning it's not available to you at this point in the game?  

Nadian
Crew

disliker of the mary sue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:32 pm
i just looked and macho brace can be gotten by showing 3 forms of burmy. hm that might be tough since they can only be obtained by honey trees.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 pm
One thing you can do is make sure you have a vitamins. 10 Carbos and 10 Calcium. Each one will give 10 EVs to their respective stats, and vitamins can't raise a pokemon's EV stat above 100. They can get pricey, though. 9.8k per vitamin for 20 of them is close to 200k.

Then, you only need to worry about obtaining the remaining 152 EVs for each stat. If you can't find a Macho Brace, you could stick with putting an EXP Share on the pokemon. (It'll still gain EVs.) Otherwise, you'll have to lead with the pokemon you're going to train and switch out during battle in order to EV train it.

If you can get into Victory Road, in particular the place where you can surf, that's a good place to EV train speed. You'll only fight pokemon that give 2 speed EVs: Golbat and Floatzel.

If you use EXP share, you'll have to battle 38 of them. If you can get a Macho Brace, 19.

Special Attack would appear to be more complicated. The guy that I used in Diamond / Pearl now uses a Magneton instead of a second Alakazam. The former gives 2 Special Attack EVs and the later gives 3. That might make it hard to properly fight him, though.

For the HP, you could just infect Azelf with Pokerus, give him a Macho Brace, and have him fight a single Bidoof at the very first route.

So, I suggest:

-Getting those specific Vitamins and giving them to Azelf
-Getting those HP EVs
-Getting those Speed EVs
-Then we can worry about Special Attack. 3nodding  

Nadian
Crew

disliker of the mary sue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:40 pm
Nadian
One thing you can do is make sure you have a vitamins. 10 Carbos and 10 Calcium. Each one will give 10 EVs to their respective stats, and vitamins can't raise a pokemon's EV stat above 100. They can get pricey, though. 9.8k per vitamin for 20 of them is close to 200k.

Then, you only need to worry about obtaining the remaining 152 EVs for each stat. If you can't find a Macho Brace, you could stick with putting an EXP Share on the pokemon. (It'll still gain EVs.) Otherwise, you'll have to lead with the pokemon you're going to train and switch out during battle in order to EV train it.

If you can get into Victory Road, in particular the place where you can surf, that's a good place to EV train speed. You'll only fight pokemon that give 2 speed EVs: Golbat and Floatzel.

If you use EXP share, you'll have to battle 38 of them. If you can get a Macho Brace, 19.

Special Attack would appear to be more complicated. The guy that I used in Diamond / Pearl now uses a Magneton instead of a second Alakazam. The former gives 2 Special Attack EVs and the later gives 3. That might make it hard to properly fight him, though.

For the HP, you could just infect Azelf with Pokerus, give him a Macho Brace, and have him fight a single Bidoof at the very first route.

So, I suggest:

-Getting those specific Vitamins and giving them to Azelf
-Getting those HP EVs
-Getting those Speed EVs
-Then we can worry about Special Attack. 3nodding

okay i got a macho brace.(i used the emerald game to transfer fer a Pokemon holding it to my diamond and then trading it over as well as the tm for psychic.) and i got my pokerus infected pokemon in my platinum.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games