Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Before birth...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gummyfrog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:57 am
Well a lot of people wonder what is after death (like going to heaven, or hell or being reincarnated and etc.). And randomly i just thought of what was before birth? Is it just you in your past life or something else. All replies are fine i'm just curious what others think about it.
So what do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 pm
I totally agree. I'm just curious about why we can't remember things from when we were in the womb or during birth or when we were baby's. And what happen's with Abortion? Does a baby feel anything and is it like death for them.

I know it's random but I'm just curious.

Little_Rikku1990

Kachan36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:30 pm
I don't think there is anything before birth. We only know that of which we are conscious. That is our reality. So, before consciousness, there is no reality for us.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Little_Rikku1990
I totally agree. I'm just curious about why we can't remember things from when we were in the womb or during birth or when we were baby's. And what happen's with Abortion? Does a baby feel anything and is it like death for them.

I know it's random but I'm just curious.

We can't remember what occured in the womb because the part of the brain that stores long-term memories doesn't fully develop until about the age of 3.

As far as the abortion.... if it's far along enough into the pregnancy where the fetus' pain receptors are developed and active, it would probably feel pain. I think that's partially why 3rd trimester abortions are illegal.  

Deppfan

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff