Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Screw it! I quit! They can live without me!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So what are you in the group? Be honest on this.
  Leader, duh!
  A follower actually.
  I am the happy go lucky clownish whatever one.
  Wannabe
  Tough one
  Sporty person
  Artistic/writer person (close enough right)
  Outcast.....leave me alone okay
  Peacemaker (if you chose this please pm me maybe you can help me a bit)
  mean one, got a problem with that!
View Results

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:01 am
Alright so in everyone's life, their is a group of people they hang out with. Not always friends, but still they are still there.

So what I have noticed is everyone has a certain job in the group. Isn't that right.

The leader- Bossy, always gets his/her way, everyone follow him/her, yells alot, loves to be the center of attention. (I happen to actually be best friends with the leader in my group and personally she is s much nicer)
In my group this is filed by my best friend. (Not a gaia girl though, sorry no name)

The (few) Follower(s)-
Agree with the leader 100% (As long as they are in front of him/her. Followers in my group are jerky back stabbers sometimes) Always follow, never ever ever lead, try to haste everyone the leader does, never try to oppose the leader or his/her friends.
In my group this is filled by a few people i my group, and they sometimes go off and leave so they are losing their following perspective I guess. Hey I stopped being a follower finally. XD No names again sorry.

The clown/freak/happy-go-lucky-only-has-a-few-issues-dancer-vegetariangirl(guy)-and-such in my case ( babypandaramenlover- on gaia name)-
Always happy, friends with everyone, sometimes becomes the leader (well panda does a lot, or maybe her job is something different.) (in my case) likes to never shut up, helps people, keeps trying to get me to like relationshipy things like hugs (wow that was random on my part......). and likes to sing and dance and be random.
In my group it is none other then my good buddy babypandaramenlover, who seems to be drifting away from our little "friendly" group's circle like everyone else is. She has her own followers too!

The "trying to be popular""Wannabe" girl/guy-
Usually just follows whoever is her/his true friend in the group and pretends to listen most times. (my perspective sorry not good friends with her) Wants to be one of the annoying prissy populars (sorry for those prissy populars who read this it's how I think. My apologizes) She/he always talks with the populars, does random things for them, is basically a pet until she comes to hang out with her "loser" group as some may refer us to (Heck I would rather be that then popular or with the gay jock guys in my class. No I am not homophobic, but they are freaking annoying and think everyone loves them. At least the guy I hate the most does. XD)
In my group, no she is not on gaia, this girl is our sporty chick a bit as well. We have a few of those, and the tough girls (one of them's) best friend.

The Tough girls/guys-
Likes to be center of attention in most cases, doesn't like to lose to anyone in anything, very edgy, get mad easily, usually has some connection with the leader. (either is or is a friend of)
In my group the leader and the wannabe's friend are the tough ones. (Although I am tough on the soccer field that's a given so I don't fit in this or sporty to come)

The Sporty chick/dude (XD)- Loves almost every sport, doesn't care for talking quietly most times, likes to be hyped up and jumpy or usually is that, likes to talk most times. (Not sure in guys cases sorry)
In my group the leader, wannabe, and I fall into the area a bit. But I am only sporty when it comes to running things. Like track, soccer, or little kiddy games like tag. And yes I do get a little mean during hose games. (Sadness)

The artistic one- Loves to be right, hates to be proven wrong somehow, is amazing at some kind of creative thing (for our's, drawing. She rocks at it man.) is very show offy, has her/his own style that is very hard to copy (and usually isn't)
In my group she is Woo1 on gaia, haven't become friends yet because she is never on. Oh and I am one too! and Panda I guess. Panda and Woo like to draw and write manga's.....kinda. I am the writer. I will make another area for that though.

The writer- Usually Quiet, always thinking of a new idea, loves the idea of complete silence, in my case likes to sit outside when it is really windy and write while I listen to music that fits each character (That is for me), does like to get into arguments to much (except me!) Is usually asked for help at school because he/she is supposed to be a straight A student (screw that I'm not, but I am smart so I like to help out.)
In my group it's Your truly and Panda-chan Although she is a very talkative writer, I am usually quiet when in writing state.

The outcast- Doesn't usually talk much when group gets together, just wanders around the group, hates to be the center of attention, is usually, but not always, part of another group or has friends ( lot) out of the group, is a little edgy, usually has some kind of issue that makes hey stray away from the group. (Like not like big crowds, or being shy, or not caring for girly things and such, well that one was me but whatever right. XD)
IN my group, me. I don't really like the whole "Girly crushy blah blah blah" all day okay!

The mean, always in a bad mood apparently, one- Doesn't like to be proven wrong when she/he knows they are totally right (happens to me), think arguing is a sport (totally people it is. XD) gets in fights with everyone in the group, has few friends more enemies. (not me)
In my group, you guess it, me! So I am actually nicer, but on some days everyone snaps right. I hate that they all think I am always like this. I am not and some of you know it!

And what this is really about

The peacemaker- Always keeps her/his voice low to make sure no one is offended (unless yelling is needed), is friends with everyone (or wants to be/thinks she/he is) usually calm, is usually quiet unless needed, very important in a big group or a lot of small groups hanging out, doesn't like to be yelled at, loves to help, hates when people ask her/him to leave them alone, never let's things go, is very kind, caring, nice, angelic even!
In my group it was me, but screw it. They don't ever take my advice even though they know it helps them. I have been keeping us all happy together or a long freaking time. And they go out and try to kill each other again. Over God knows what! So screw it! Screw the whole stay in your position thing! Screw this job! They can all rip out each other's inners and I am gonna stay sane for the time being. I would stay, but I need a bit more freaking appreciation. And then I get people saying they are the peacemakers. I don't think so!

So there, if you have any advice for me(ironic huh) or if you have reasons for me to stay or go then please take the time to tell me in full. Thanks for reading my long rantish thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:29 am
Well you've described High School to a tee.

I guess in my group and am partially the peacemaker. You can't expect them to take your advice you can only offer it. Sometimes all they need is a joke to laugh about, or another voice to hear. They might see another side to the situation so they can't accept you as right. And usually in the end the individual needing the advice has to make that decision.

I guess even if it doesn't always workout a peacemaker seems to be the most important job. Friends fight, leave, move on. As long as someone's there to piece it all together, there's not much more you can do.

A few years ago a bunch of my friends got in a huge fight. Accusations galore. Someone was putting hate mail in one of my friends lockers. We were working out who it was, then someone misheard another talking (thinking we thought it was them) and suddenly everyone was yelling and screaming. after that a circle of friends split into two groups. It took a lot of peace keeping to keep the hostility low. I think even if it doesn't work out you should keep trying. Smile and keep your chin up.

As for the bad moods try relieving a bit of stress, If stuff is bothering you maybe taking some time to yourself, away from all the high school drama.

Well that's all I have to say. If you need anything more just ask.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Yes, well all they can do is ignore me.
I swear the only time they need my help, they look at me like I'm a retard.
I will keep my job, only because I hate etting them hurt each other. I have soccer to relive my stress. I really don't hae any anger issues anymore though.

My group is like three groups who sometimes talk and such.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:44 pm
well i dont know what advice to give you because the colors hurt my eyes and it was too long to read
but hey be happy that at least you know where you stand... or stood...
i dont even know which one i fit into lol  

Gimpi Platypus

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:19 pm
.....don't try and help if you have no idea what your helping with
it's nice, but annoys me somehow.
thanks at least  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:18 am
Definately sounds like high school, even though the first few continue on through college. The rest fade away and find their own voice or niche.

I don't know what you're really asking for here is but high school isn't going to be the best years of your life and college sometimes sucks even worse but we all keep plugging along.

heart  

PrincessSaraQueen

hunn-E-bee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:55 am
Everyone does their own thing in High School, people that are popular just are, people who want to try and make peace make peace, and so on.

It is seriously a waste of time trying to figure out "who you are" and where you fit in. You waste your time figuring out who you want to be in a place that where all people are going to do is reject you if you do not meet their standards. Just be who you are and just make friends who like you for you, not for what you dress like or what color hair you have. If people are nice to you be nice to them back, and if their not then dont waste your time with them. There are many people in High School im sure you can find someone who feels the same way you do, or just likes you for who you are.

Once you are out if High School you probably wont keep most of the friends you even had in High School. There is plenty of time to meet new people there is 6 billion of us out there smile
Dont worry about making other people happy, do what makes you happy and people will respect you for it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:23 pm
I love how you just all assume I am in high school. Just wonderful. And stereotypical.  

intoxicatingDestruction

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:22 pm
Flex_Jess
I love how you just all assume I am in high school. Just wonderful. And stereotypical.

I just made the assumption because I don't separate Middle School and High School. And from what I gather College/University seems to carry a more mature background. And you are to literate to be elementary school. So Naturally I will Assume you are a High School Student.

But I've never really believed in labeling people. If you want to find your place in school find it. But don't give up on friends you want them to have your back. Even if they don't want your advice. They'll use it eventually. I know I certainly use what people have told me.

Are you in High School? Or are my assumptions incorrect. It's important for my own personal observations.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:28 pm
No quite yet am in that level of education, but my vocabulary says other wise. I guess when you can speak in such a manner it grows on you. I talk normally off line, but I prefer to be as smart as I can while on the internet.

I have actually grow closer to a few of my friends lately, and I guess I am just a little different then anyone near me, so I have difficulty asking them for help and such. So then, thank you all for your advice, and any more advice to come. You can talk with me with any problems you have well. I am a psychologist to be after all. Okay at least I want to be.  

intoxicatingDestruction

Farrenlock

High-functioning Giver

13,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:56 am
I'm the writer, artistic wannabe, and the outcast. I've never really had a group of friends at school, but I've got a group at home. During school life, I'm often left alone and no one except for the teachers wants to have anything to do with me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:14 pm
Not to many people care to converse with me either, well until this year. I've become quite popular if I'd say so myself, but I'm still super nice and such. Alas, my teachers seem to think I can do better at everything, I try my hardest, school just bores me I guess.  

intoxicatingDestruction

Shadowgod Salax

6,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:51 am
I'm a friggin mix of different types...
I gave up on peace making a long time ago and seek peace in my own mind. Its easier not to trouble yourself with trivial stuff like making peace between people that won't listen to you anyway...  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:30 pm
Sucks about that cause I was born to help others. I can't not help my friends and those arond me with their personal or not problems.  

intoxicatingDestruction

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff