Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What stops people from living life to the fullest? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 am
For people refusing available options, or simply being hesitant, it probably has to do with being unsure of any risks or consequences.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:37 pm
My first thought was fear.  

Tyrannotaur

Newbie Noob

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:11 pm
For me it's getting comfortable with what I'm doing, because I know how to do it well, even if I'd enjoy learning something new.

And making decisions.

I think we struggle with weighing the pros and cons of stuff and making a logical choice, so we just choose not to choose at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 pm
What your definition of "to the fullest"? Some people are just content where they are and there's nothing wrong with that.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:58 pm
Physics and Law Enforcement  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:56 am
What stops people living life to their fullest...I say ourselves and the boundaries we set.

When a child is born, they are inquisitive, they try to explore their surroundings. If there is something they don't like they retreat back to a safe place (babies will go to their mums). This continues through our lives, every knock back, every accident, sets our limits. If a person doesn't push through those self-imposed boundaries then they not try to live life to its fullest. If you look at most of the people who would be classed as living life to the fullest, they would also be considered self-centred. The mountaineer who risks his life trying to climb Mount Everest and the international athlete who gets up early & trains everyday; while his family remain at home.  

durham red

Incredible Exhibitionist

44,190 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Olympian 200

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:21 pm
durham red
What stops people living life to their fullest...I say ourselves and the boundaries we set.

When a child is born, they are inquisitive, they try to explore their surroundings. If there is something they don't like they retreat back to a safe place (babies will go to their mums). This continues through our lives, every knock back, every accident, sets our limits. If a person doesn't push through those self-imposed boundaries then they not try to live life to its fullest. If you look at most of the people who would be classed as living life to the fullest, they would also be considered self-centred. The mountaineer who risks his life trying to climb Mount Everest and the international athlete who gets up early & trains everyday; while his family remain at home.

Good answer.

I have grown up mentally since I posted this. And so far the only thing that stops me from going out and living is the anger I feel to the general population. So I live it up while indoors.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff