Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
words hurt Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drumgasmic Monkeyguy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:39 am
well words do hurt. alot. especially if its a trusted friend. or a dictionary  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:52 pm
personally i think that although words can hurt (sometimes more than humanly possible) as long as your strong you can get over anything!!! sometimes people say things to you that they KNOW will hurt (like calling you fat which in my opinion is very overrated and immature) and even though what they say hurts if you ignore it sometimes it will build up and really mess with your mind. words can hurt way more than getting the biggest stones thrown at you or getting wacked with the biggest stick in the world. people shoudnt say things to hurt people because how would they feel if it happened to them??? and i agree that there is noone in the world that can just ignore something cruel that was said to them because eventually they will find themselves thinking about it. everyone has a weak spot and its so cruel for someone to attack it.
well thats my opinion at least...  

Damiensmommy

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100

lnvictus

Profitable Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:29 am
I've never seen anyone's bones be broken by a stick or a stone. Maybe a tree and a Boulder...

Anyway-- I agree, words can only hurt you if you really think about the insult and analyze it for days on end. Or if you are just emotionally weak, I know I am, but I still don't let petty insults like "You're fat" or "you're ugly"" get to me because i KNOW that i'm neither of those. You just ave to have a high enough self-confidence to not let the little things get to you. I would almost blame the person being hurt by words more than the person saying them. It's as if the person saying them is giving the kid they're insulting a life lesson, or a test. And seeing if the person passes or not..

And that's my two sense (like the pun there)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:13 am
Some people just don't care. End of. Not really that complicated.  

Hopeful Bliss

Tipsy Fairy

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Buffer920

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:15 am
ive been called countless things, loser,idiot if i went on i could write a book just ignore them they have somethin in thier life thier just takein it out on you  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff