Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
level up my... pokeball?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:13 pm
saw it in another person's sig and thought "ooh shiny". aparantly they dont *hatch* untill the 13'th of july for some reason. i hope this one doesn't turn out to be a mudkip or something stupid like that 3nodding if you have one slap it on and i'll feed that one too mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:12 pm
we really need a sticky in some subforum for all of the clickable things. it's kind of a pain to wade through the ones that are in signatures, post styles, or are posted.
Not saying that yours isn't in the right place. only that we sometimes get these and there really ought to be a better place for them.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:07 am
wellwisher
we really need a sticky in some subforum for all of the clickable things. it's kind of a pain to wade through the ones that are in signatures, post styles, or are posted.
Not saying that yours isn't in the right place. only that we sometimes get these and there really ought to be a better place for them.

yeah i agree it would really make it easier and more tidy,sorry if its in the wrong place sweatdrop i could easily recycle it into a rant post about the growing amount of legendary's  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:37 am
Aeon Deity
wellwisher

yeah i agree it would really make it easier and more tidy,sorry if its in the wrong place sweatdrop i could easily recycle it into a rant post about the growing amount of legendary's
Nope, it's sort of in the right place.
it would just be easier for everyone if there was a place, then people could click others who were interested, and others wouldn't have to see them.

but let's rant on legends.
4 was plenty, 5 was a bonus.
9 was plenty, 11 was a bonus.
17 was too many, 21 was way too many.
28 is way too many, 31 is too damn many.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 am
whats wrong with using some of the existing legendary's for their movies >,> i myself miss crazy made-up entei crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:35 am
Entei was a gen 2 legend.
I'm not talking about the movies, I'm talking about the games. I don't count the movies or the anime in the continuity since they're all based on a single person, who is roughly based on Red. (and by roughly I mean in a rather sad pathetic way) Continuity goes to the Games and manga.

The new heart Gold and Soul Silver are going to throw the legends out the window.
I'm just saying the amount of legends was balanced. in gen 1 you saw the three birds, and were given a masterball to go catch mewtwo. Then there was an event for mew.
in Gen 2. you walked around to get the three beasts, could catch a level 40 lugia or ho-oh, and then could go and catch a level 70 Ho-oh or Lugia (depending on your version) Celebi was an event pokemon.
But in gen three, you unlocked the three Regis, went and were able to get Groudon or Kyogre. you were able to get Rayquaza. if you had the card you could get latias or latios, and they had events for jirachi and Deoxys. (and then jirachi has that bonus disc making him more common than any other legend out there)
The point is that when they soup up the amount of legendary pokemon, they increase instability in the game's base structure systems. Even if you aren't using any legends in the game or in battles. (which, is the right way to do it)

Gold and Silver were at just the right amount of capturable legendary pokemon at 5. I don't see how they'll be able to explain why Kyogre and Groudon are in Johto or Kanto (since they're tied to the orbs that are connected to Hoenn) Rayquaza's home is in Hoenn, and legends don't leave their homes in game data. (roaming legends don't have a specific home)
dialga and palkia live on Spear Pillar, Giratina's portal is in Sinnoh. It's just going to be impossible to explain their appearances in-game without telling the players about some sort of tragedy that's going on in Hoenn and sinnoh that requires those legends to leave their homes. (especially since dialga and Palkia have control over Space and Time, Giratina's portal leads to it's own world, Kyogre and groudon are ancient pokemon that rise to fight each other) I just don't like seeing legends in games that don't make sense.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:36 am
ok so now that my pokeball has "hatched" i ask, what the hell is it? havnt played any of the recent games rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:16 am
Aeon Deity
ok so now that my pokeball has "hatched" i ask, what the hell is it? havnt played any of the recent games rolleyes
Uh, that would be manaphy with a yellow innertube.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

rebeccaxlin32

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 am
Aeon Deity

It's a tuber manaphy I have one too.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff