Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
New Moon vs Harry Potter and the Half blood prince

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HP or Twilight 4-ever?
  HP!!! ( I luv u harry potter!!!)
  New moon!!!!! Edward and ?? 4 ever!! (insert ur name on the question marks)
  Just give me the freaking gold u crazy woman!!!
View Results

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:58 pm
Last years enemies are back! Last year they said HP dropped out of the spotlight so twilight wouldnt crush them! *evil laugh* Nah ok im being a bit over dramatic but anyway, new moon and HP are both comming in the theaters soon. Who do you think will raise the box office? Which series is your fav? why??  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:14 am
well, this is the harry potter movie ive been waiting for! its me fav of all the HP books. its the darkest, it tells voldemorts past, it begins voldemorts destruction, and dumbledore dies!

sadly, i feel that new moon is gonna beat HP in box office.
the HP movies have been going for some time now, and the last books been out quite awhile, so the HP craze is dying down, while that twilight crap is still popular right now.

but HP will definatly be the better movie.  

Master Azrael Reaper

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:49 am
The Harry Potter films didn't participate at the same time as Twilight out of pity.
That being said, Harry Potter could kick Edward Cullen's sorry pseudo-vampire a**.
However, should this really be in the 'Philosophy' subforum?
I mean, really?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 am
Yorozuya_Harujiro
The Harry Potter films didn't participate at the same time as Twilight out of pity.
That being said, Harry Potter could kick Edward Cullen's sorry pseudo-vampire a**.
I mean, really?

its called the philosophy AND discussions. Not just philosophy. And since im DISCUSSING this it can go here. sheesh. I like both series but i would pick edward cullen over harry potter any day.  

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:23 am
Wouldn't it be better to put it in the 'Books' subforum?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:45 am
Sullen Horror
Wouldn't it be better to put it in the 'Books' subforum?

lol omg.......ugh! why does it freaking matter where it is! and no! not books cause at the moment im speaking of the MOVIES. im DISSCUSSING them...sheesh...gosh...  

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:47 am
I mean, Edward Cullen isn't even a real vampire, anyways.
He wouldn't stand a chance against Neville, let along Harry.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 am
Sullen Horror
I mean, Edward Cullen isn't even a real vampire, anyways.
He wouldn't stand a chance against Neville, let along Harry.
LOL! i cant beleive it! Youve turned this into a fight. rofl rofl  

colorful_fuse

Rainbow cat FACE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28 am
4ever_lost in_ ur eyes
Yorozuya_Harujiro
I mean, really?

its called the philosophy AND discussions. Not just philosophy. And since im DISCUSSING this it can go here. sheesh. I like both series but i would pick edward cullen over harry potter any day.

well, since it says philosophy first, then i would assume that it means discussion about philosophy.
fail.

either way, the young adult section of your local waldenbooks has been ninja'd. you can hardly find anything that isnt about wicca, vampires, and mystical beings combined with teenage love.
although they still find room to fit in the clique series =/

i really dont like either. edward has no personality. but edward is what every girl wants: completely devoted. and bella is supposed to be unattractive and clumsy and awkward.
twilight was written to make girls feel good about themselves. which is why it makes so much money.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:20 pm
Hell, the faux-vampire wouldn't even stand a chance against Peter Pettigrew.
That's right.
I went there.  

Mad Haru

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:42 am
omg. its just a damn guild, get over where things are posted. Thank you to the people who actually answered the damn question. AS to the others...well i hate to say it on here but i dont give a s**t anymore..so i say to you... please kindly go ******** YOURSELVES! ha yeah i went there.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:14 pm
Harry Potter is for evryone! Twilight is just for girls and girly men! idea  

spazmanx13

Hilarious Noob

Zariah Khi

Lavish Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:25 am
I like harry potter than the twilight series
I've finished reading the two series from HP sorcerer's stone- HP deathly hollows and from twilight- breaking dawn...

I like harry potter better cause it's more creative and it's really exciting to read and it's really 4 everyone just like what spazmanx13 says...
most of all I like hermione!!! 4laugh

well I somewhat like the twilight series but I really get irritated and annoyed when bella starts describing the features of edward OVER & OVER again,, and I hate the way she chooses to be an immortal jst because she wants to be with a guy/vampire? how pathetic and also jst because of a vampire she rapidly forgot all the realities of life!!! ans put them aside like her family, friends, her faith! she's crazy... talk2hand

smile I but I like jacob btw...lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm
4ever_lost in_ ur eyes
omg. its just a damn guild, get over where things are posted. Thank you to the people who actually answered the damn question. AS to the others...well i hate to say it on here but i dont give a s**t anymore..so i say to you... please kindly go ******** YOURSELVES! ha yeah i went there.

I was there too, once.
I didn't like it, so I decided to leave.
Got a few postcards, though.  

Mad Haru

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 pm
I've read both of the series, and both of them were good. However, the Harry Potter series (both book and movie) are my favorites.

While Rowling may have put some twists on certain things in her stories, she still has some facts behind them. Plus with the wide range of diversity ((race, blood type, location, age, etc., etc.)) anyone can connect with the story.

With Meyer's story, she may have put a twist on the knowledge of vampires and werewolves... but I feel she may have twisted it a bit too far to the point that people criticize her. Plus with the characters, it mostly seems like a story that only the teen range will enjoy ((and those who were teens when it came out, but now have grow up)).

In the end... I have a feeling that Harry Potter will still be known for generations from now... where as the Twilight saga probably will have it's brief moment of stardom and then once the movies are done with, it'll die out. *shrugs* But I guess we'll see what happens...  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games