Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I feel like I'm hanging on a string...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

badazzgrlo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:24 pm
A string that could be cut at any moment.

See, my ex is going through some hard times...And he keeps acting like we're going to get back together.
However, later on he usually says something that implies we're not. All I'm trying to do is help him through this crap he's going through...but then he has to come on here and go to the CHATTERBOX to get fake a** sympathy from slutty a** girls who only want to hit on him. And I know this. He keeps telling me he needs time to feel better...and I'm giving him that time. But, I won't wait for a very long time. I don't know what to do. I love him. I can't let him go. No matter how bad I think I need to, I can't. I hate seeing him upset, but I also hate feeling upset and insecure because I feel like I'm not enough for him. He has to go somewhere else to get sympathy. and I don't like it. I also feel like i do so much for him...and I'm so crazy about him...I love him so much, but I don't get that same amount of love back.

This song I found earlier says:

"You wanna know what it takes to love you babe
It's only lies that I'm telling to myself
You never think, you never care about me babe
It's only me who's thinking of us every day

I tried to love you, i tried to give you all I have
But I would never get back all the love I gave"

And thats honestly how I really feel.

Well, methinks I just needed to rant. But you can say something if you would like. If anyone comes in here...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:53 pm
"Now that you're gone
I hope you found peace now
Cause after all that we've been through
It's something I couldn't give you
Now that its over I hope you found closure
It's something I couldn't give you" ~ Being Human by God or Julie.

Those lyrics come to mind. Sometimes we have to be the people in the background, giving guidance and help. My best friend is going through a pretty tough time. A lot of the time I wish I could be somewhere else away from all her problems, but i know the moment I do things will get worse.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

badazzgrlo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:42 pm
cool4
"Now that you're gone

Those lyrics come to mind. Sometimes we have to be the people in the background, giving guidance and help. My best friend is going through a pretty tough time. A lot of the time I wish I could be somewhere else away from all her problems, but i know the moment I do things will get worse.

But its like...he doesn't want me to be there for him or something.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:18 am
badazzgrlo
cool4
"Now that you're gone

But its like...he doesn't want me to be there for him or something.

It feels that way all the time, whether it's true or not.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 pm
User Image

Have you talked to the guy about the distress hes causing you?
If you haven't, do so. Maybe he doesn't know hes hurting you - when women are sad and upset men will distance themselves and automatically go to more cheerful girls [or their friends.]
If you talk to him, make sure not to start a fight. You want him to understand your point and view and let him know this is hurting you. Heres a good starter, my favorite I statements:
"I feel [feeling] when [event] because [this happened] and I want [whatever.]"

Heres an example:
"I feel [angry] when [you make me do the dishes everyday] because [you said I could have a break] and I want [to work on my homework.]"

You see, its much better than flat out accusing the person. I statements will help this person understand your perspective and be able to put themselves in your shoes.

-------------------

However, if you have in fact talked to this guy and he has continued with his ways; there are two options in my opinion.

1) Try again with talking to him and make sure he knows
2) Leave him

The second option, as you said, is going to be very hard. If it comes to this at some point, it can become easier by spending less and less time with this guy. That way, you can get him out of your life if thats wanted.

Example:

Monday - Spend 4 hrs together
Tuesday - Spend 3 hrs together
Wednesday - Spend 2 hrs together

Or it can be in halves. It can also be flexible, but remember to keep the goal in check!

Best of luck, I hope I helped you a little. < 3

User Image

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces