Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Disgust

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jfh360

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:40 pm
Sometimes the human race disgusts me

Is their really more bad then good ?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:43 pm
No. We just notice the bad more often. The vast majority of people only try to do what they think is right, or what they think they need to do to survive. We only see the rapes and hates crimes, we don't see the cashier smiling, children hugging their grandparents, people falling in love.  

Lyonette

Slade_Black

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:09 pm
Humans are a very intersting race. They breed more humans and create bildings and citys but humans have gotin lazy and there not taking care of there planit therefore everyone will die if they keep this up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 pm
in reply to Slade_Black: Global Warming does. not. exist. it's about a real as Global Cooling, Global Luke Warm, or Global Picnic Weather. it's Bull s**t. Pardon my Language.
The Human race does have many good points to it, However, so many people have become accustomed to these things, and hardly pay any attention to them anymore. Also, there is the undying need to look on the darker side of life, it means we can wallow in Self-Pity instead of getting up and actually doing something to make our lives better.
Our Problem isn't that we Aren't kind, it's that were simply too lazy to see the difference anymore, or, Perhaps, we just feel the need to make our lives miserable. all in all, it always comes down to "Self-Pity", and that is the only thing the Human Race does that can make me feel "Disgusted"  

Yuuki Aoyagi

Fujita_Makos

Shirtless Exhibitionist

10,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:57 pm
Slade_Black
Humans are a very intersting race. They breed more humans and create bildings and citys but humans have gotin lazy and there not taking care of there planit therefore everyone will die if they keep this up.
i still like agent smith's description of the human race.

"Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 am
Yuuki Aoyagi
in reply to Slade_Black: Global Warming does. not. exist. it's about a real as Global Cooling, Global Luke Warm, or Global Picnic Weather. it's Bull s**t. Pardon my Language.
The Human race does have many good points to it, However, so many people have become accustomed to these things, and hardly pay any attention to them anymore. Also, there is the undying need to look on the darker side of life, it means we can wallow in Self-Pity instead of getting up and actually doing something to make our lives better.
Our Problem isn't that we Aren't kind, it's that were simply too lazy to see the difference anymore, or, Perhaps, we just feel the need to make our lives miserable. all in all, it always comes down to "Self-Pity", and that is the only thing the Human Race does that can make me feel "Disgusted"

Global Warming does exist, and Global Cooling does as well.
However, they do not cancel each other out.

Also, read Lord of the Flies, then I dare you to try and say that humans are inherently-good natured.  

Mad Haru

Malice Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm
Everyone always focuses on "good" and "bad"...black and white areas. I would prefer to look at life in shades of grey. Yes, there are people who damn near break into the black area, but who are we to judge? All humans, conciously or not, will harbor ill-will towards one another and, to some degrees, take pleasure in it. Lots of people laugh when someone trips. Some may not, but they're happy they didn't trip. It's human nature. Humans are disgusting, pitiful creatures, but what are we supposed to do, change? If we were to change, go back to all of the elements of the world and learn to adapt to it, we would just destroy the Earth again like we're doing now. It's a vicious cycle, and if someone, someday, breaks it, I will be damn surprised.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 pm
Harujiro no Yorozuya
Yuuki Aoyagi

Global Warming does exist, and Global Cooling does as well.
However, they do not cancel each other out.

Also, read Lord of the Flies, then I dare you to try and say that humans are inherently-good natured.

Well, what I think the author of lord of the flies was showing is that no, not all people are good. at around the age of four, our brain starts to develop between right and wrong, and it is that time in which it tells us if we will be good or bad. Depending on that, you can be a consequentialist and if you are in a situation in which you do not have to do good, you will do bad. Some can not be completely good, so why is the opposite not the true? I think that some people are good, while others are bad. It just happens that yes, the media shows that in most cases, only bad exists in our world. If you look around your community, you can see the good that people are doing to make your life just a little bit easier. Instead of blaming others for the bad we have in our world, we should all try to make it better in our own way, and perhaps others will look at your actions, and do the same.  

Awesome Sensei

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:34 pm
i would like to point out something, people constantly focus on how humans are breeding is out of control, but need i remind you that other creatures breed even worse and can wreek more destruction then most humans can acheive((aside the wmds and such)) ants can sestroy ecosystems for example

second off, the new derives its populatiry by showing lots of negativity, then showing some good, theorizing that the good will seem better in comparision.

furthurmore the more you look at the negative the more it will control you, causing you to see more negativity. for example if all you look for in life is only mess then you will see only mess  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 pm
human beings are a disiease. a plague uppon this planet. take a look at how nature works. life cycles, food chains, etc. as you look at the world around you, what is the one factor that never seems to fit into any of it? Humans!!! We infest every area of this planet, always changing up the whole natural system in every area, to fit our own purposes, our own needs. And as we get smarter, and get more advanced, we furthewr ruin the planet with more. Truth is, the best thing for the earth is for mankind to be wiped out. for some dumbasses to finally develop and launch the big bombs that finally mutilate all of humanity. And afterwards, nature will slowly but surly reconfigure itself, and eventually, nature will live on without us.  

Master Azrael Reaper

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 pm
Humans are inherently lazy. When given the choice between good and bad, we're more likely to choose bad, because it's easier. However, this isn't to say that this is always the case. Some people choose to be good, as it's always a choice.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:23 pm
Oddly, I kind of think that's a good thing. It means you can look outside the realms of what society thinks of as normal or acceptable. But at the same time you can't hate every human being all the time because there are people that think the same way, anyone who thinks deeply about the meaning of life or any philosophical question has these thoughts from time to time, some more than others.  

beyond_decay

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 am
We're more interested in bad news than good, ratings-wise.

I wouldn't say we're all evil, or even mostly. We just have a tendency to hold onto fear and seek convenience over what's right. You can call it evil, I call it flawed.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:34 am
It's easy to hate the human race because the news focuses on so many shitty people. It's easy to see a group of people circlejerking over misogyny and racism on the internet and just want to smash your computer on go on a homicidal rampage.

There are shitty people out there, but when you see individual people going about their daily life, you start to see how damn beautiful life is. Everyone has a dream and goals. Everyone has someone they love, and vice versa.

Humanity = Shity
Individuals = Little miracles.

Rero Rero

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas