Submit

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:33 am
I'm sick of being treated this way:

There is this girl at my school, and is part of the popular group who I thought were pretty good role models until they started showing their true colours on the last year of school, which is now. They've spread gossip about other people (eg. my friends) - stuff that's not even true and it's annoying how they can make people believe them. The groups been saying that I won't get anywhere in life because they think that I don't talk to people which is not true! Everytime I do say something they either never listen to me or make fun of what I have to say.
The group's kind of like the Plastics from Mean Girls and the girl I'm about to talk about is sort of like Regina George - the queen bee.

Anyways...
This girl's been treating me like crap, pushing me around because she knows that I won't fight back or stand up for myself. I just can't fight back because: I never know the right words to say against someone, I'm not popular, she's manipulative and she can get people on her side, I'll make a big fool out of myself, so on.

What I hate was that before I was stupid enough to tell her and her group who I had a crush on because I trusted them - they were being incredibly nice then. Now I feel betrayed and it's hard to know who to trust or who's truly being nice to me because now I feel that they've been trying to get my crush to not like me. They can somehow get people who were nice to me once to hate me the next.

I know that I won't be able to stand up against her or them but what I want to know is how to not get hurt by the way they're treating me. I know there are people who are able to wave away insults and don't really care what other people say about them. How can I be like that? Is it possible?
And are there ways to stop her and her group from doing this to me?

I really can't wait to graduate and finally leave school...it's been such a painful memory. mad  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:46 am
I'm one of those people that can wave away insults. One thing to do is if they're near you and start insulting you, just walk away. Having Individuality and being proud of it is the only way for me to ignore the people that are all the same.

Though waving away insults is something that you have to just do until it feels normal. they're gonna get to you because they know you do care. So just walking away, will make it seem like you don't. Even if you have to go home and cry after the day, not showing they they're getting to you when you're around is possibly the only thing you can do.

Best of Luck.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Bernadette Rachel

Profitable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 am
Oi Vey! High school!

But just like cool 4 said. Ignore them, they want you to patronize them by trying to defend yourself, that's were they get their pleasure from. You'll probably get crap for about a month due to you ignoring them, however, after a while, they will get bored from trying to get you to cry or get into a fight. Seriously, just ignore them. I'm not proud to say that I've been on both ends of the stick, but now a days, I glad I was, because I can give the advice needed to todays high schoolers.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:18 am
ignore them, laugh them off and make it look like you think they're freaks, b***h slap that b***h, Tell her to "shut up you ugly b***h, no one even likes you" and then she'll be like "well.... nobody likes you!" And you'll be like "I didn't say they like me, I'm just saying nobody likes you either", When they try and talk to you walk away and be like "whatever" and if they try and get you to stay and listen just laugh and call the freaks or something.
Not sure if any of that will work, it kind of depends. You said this is your last year at school right? or at least those girls last year? You just have to make it through one more year.  

DeeSpark

Katsura Zanshin

Eloquent Fatcat

11,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:34 am
If you know you can't match them insult for insult, ignore them or walk away. I'm not saying she'll stop, cause in all likelihood she wont, but at least you wont lower yourself to their level.

I myself went through that, but I'm a fairly violent person when picked on past my limit, so I just ended up in a fight. They left me alone after that, but all the teachers watched me like I was the troublemaker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am
Very true, if you fight them, slap them, or do something in the nature. Then 1: You'll be the one in trouble. 2: They will talk about you behind your back instead of to your face due to being scared of another fight. and 3: That could hinder the rest of your high school days. Trust me, the fight thing isn't the way to go. Been there, done that.  

Bernadette Rachel

Profitable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

G u a r d i a n

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 pm
Don't fight fire with fire. It'll just make the flames worse. You can't make someone stop doing something, but you can tell them to stop. If things get serious (like hazing), you should let an adult authority know. Otherwise, stay strong. There's no easy way out, hon. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:29 pm
Well, if you dont like them, and you dont know what to say, then why not just walk away and never speak to them again? they obviously dont sound like nice people, and sure they may end up getting mad and spreading stupid rumors, but if people are really stupid enough to listen to their made-up nonsense and not believe you, then how great can they really be? Of course there's the problem of what they say bothering you, but it'd probably be better to get it all over and done with before it gets too bad, instead of being forced to tolerate them until you're out of highschool. My advice: Find better friends who will treat you better.  

QUW00SH

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff