Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
So, a little cut makes me depressed and emo? Sure. Why not?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your labeling?
  Prep (Do you like that?)
  Goth (Cool, you should meet my buddy.)
  Emo/depressed (Please talk with me, I get it too!)
  Popular cheerleader! (I can't get along with you unless your really nice. Sorry.)
  Loner. (Same)
  None, I hate labels. (I really do too, but you must have been labeled before?)
View Results

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:00 am
Yea, the title is strange, but I'm a writer, I enjoy writing things in a weird way, gives me something to do, right?

Anyway, so the other day I was putting my cat in his cage to punish him, he sprayed on our couch again, and he sliced up the side of my wrist. So the next day I go to school and I just started High School so I have a lot of new friends who don't know me well yet, and three or four of them ask "Hey how'd you get those cuts?" So, naturally, I told them the truth, "My cat did it." And one of my new friends, the same one who had a crush on me, asks "Oh, are you sure?" And that ticked me off. Later that week, my other guy friend kept asking if I felt good that today, as if I was sick or something. I don't look sick everyday do I? So they really seem to think I emo now, and it bugs me. My true friends understand my cat has done this before. And y group at school, our group of friends, our table, whatever, we're considered emo all the time. Well one of my friends is gothic, but not emo (anymore...)

Another thing is that people read my poetry, and they assume I'm depressed because it's kinda sad. Like the beginning of my book "Broken Mask", it's sad, but that's the characters past. Can't I go through life without being called emo or considered depressed?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and p.m. me about my book if you'd like! I can post poetry too!

You most likely wouldn’t guess it for me,
My face is always so happy and free.
But there is a hidden sadness in these eyes,
Hidden behind all my laughs and lies.

A poem from my second book "A Silent Heart." Made for the Character Sen Gemin. (Main guy in the book.)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:30 pm
I understand that you dont like the label and that its not true, but instead of being annoyed, in my opinion, you really should just be happy you arent emo. Some people think emo is kewl, or a good image, but when you're really that depressed, and you do cut yourself, it just sux. These people continuously feel terrible. I know that its not a great label, but you should be happy and appreciate who you really are.  

QUW00SH

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:57 am
For the last time, I Am Happy! Why can't anyone get that! That is what ticks me off. People day after day asking "Hey, are you okay?" and "You should cheer up!"
I am usually cheerful, unless my new bio teacher ticks me off again....
Anyway, I am happy. Writing sad poems means nothing, it's just what I know from my friends telling e stuff. I'm quite an excellent writer for shuting myself away from the outside world. I have a great perspective on life.
But I'm not anything but happy.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:10 am
i didnt say you werent happy. my point was that instead of complaining just appreciate the fact that you arent emo. you seem to take the stupid labels that you're friends call you too seriously.  

QUW00SH

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:56 pm
Well, complaining runs in my blood, and I enjoy doing it. What else is there to do in a boring world like this?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:19 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

QUW00SH

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Thanks for calling my life pathetic. Please, for the love of Jeevas, leave me alone. I only put these things up out of boredom, but it ticks me off when people actually come to give advice and quit with an insult. Your the reason I hate humans, your kind is the soul reason. I can always find my escape in my music, my poems, my stories.

Goodbye, so long,
We can say this many ways.
I could tell you I was wrong,
and you will tell me to burn in the suns rays.
I'm hated, you see,
And your hate gives me purpose to keep alive.
It turns out I don't really like to be,
The human girl who won't let me strive.
~May Endera~

( And for the last time, having no emotion is not emo. Emo is SHORT for emotion, like full of emotions. That's true emo.)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 am
Flex_Jess
People day after day asking "Hey, are you okay?" and "You should cheer up!"

Alot of people at my school tell me that too, however it's my trouble actually showing people my happiness when my friends are there and telling jokes and everything. It's because I have trouble smiling...even when I really want to - it's weird, I know.

I absolutely hate labels! These kids at my school would call my group emo (when, really, we aren't) and throw fizzy drinks and food at us. I think they just assume that cuz some of us wear converses - that doesn't mean we're emo neutral .  

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

QUW00SH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 pm
Flex_Jess
Thanks for calling my life pathetic. Please, for the love of Jeevas, leave me alone. I only put these things up out of boredom, but it ticks me off when people actually come to give advice and quit with an insult. Your the reason I hate humans, your kind is the soul reason. I can always find my escape in my music, my poems, my stories.

Goodbye, so long,
We can say this many ways.
I could tell you I was wrong,
and you will tell me to burn in the suns rays.
I'm hated, you see,
And your hate gives me purpose to keep alive.
It turns out I don't really like to be,
The human girl who won't let me strive.
~May Endera~

( And for the last time, having no emotion is not emo. Emo is SHORT for emotion, like full of emotions. That's true emo.)

... I'm sorry... But you know, you're not the only one who gets ticked off. When I hear people like you who just waste so much time away complaining, often times it pisses me off. I'm just one of those people that don't really understand why anyone would want to do that, when they could be doing something fun or just being happy, not that your not happy. I've just noticed that people who are complaining, even if they are happy, aren't as happy as they could be cuz they never really appreciate what they have. And it ticked me off even more that you were upset over people calling you emo, cuz i used to be emo, and let me tell you, being emo is SO much worse that just being called emo. (I have no idea why anyone would ever want to be emo...) anywayz, sorry. and if it matters to you that much that people call you emo, than the only thing you can really do is either make yourself seem more happy, or ignore it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:57 pm
I'm sorry alright! I don't care anymore alright. Screw it. I can be called emo from now on. I'm starting to believe it. I mean I'm actually emo, not the stereotype emo. I get hurt, so what. But I am emotional. Except for love. I've discarded love.  

intoxicatingDestruction

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 pm
How can you discard love? I undersad if there is something in your past that makes you not want to, but eventually everyone loves. It doesn't have to be a person. I love all my animals. They are so much more understanding than people.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:16 am
at least you could get away with it. here, if you're emo, goth or anything else in that category, you're a devil worshipper (that's one of those WTF moments).
ironically enough, i'm a recovering cutter, and there was one time i did it, and was told to say a cat scratched me. i refused to lie. good thing you didn't either, i guess.
labels suck, but whatever. you deal with people, they give them to you to make you as a whole person easier for them without actually getting to know you personally. it really sucks though  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items