Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante the Demon Forger

400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 pm
Have you noticed, that as perfect as major guilds may seem, they are still imperfect? I mean, I don't expect them to be perfect. The thing is though, not 1 person gets a nearly adequate amount of attention. In major guilds, they might only get a sentence or two. In a minor guild, everyone gets attention. In many ways, minor guilds are much more equal than any major guild that I have ever seen. What is your view on this?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:28 am
I'd say that in major guilds, everyone focuses more on the people whos names are basically infamous around the guild. Like here in Why Not? Zphal, Ame, Okami, all people that are very known names. A person like Kiku-mi, a member of this guild, aren't too well known. My view is agreement.  

Cerebral Perception

Eloquent Lunatic

The Solipsist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:23 pm
Perfection is a relative impossibility.

That aside, that's pretty much what happens when a population grows.
Less emphasis on the individual through necessity.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:02 pm
Small guilds have stronger community. but larger guilds have stronger anchors that newer less well known members can latch onto and become well known.

You cannot create a guild and solve all of it's problems. if a guild is too small it will undergo points of growth and recession that will cause it to become larger and less friendly and smaller with less activity.

With that in mind, larger guilds are still more useful than smaller ones, despite the fact that not everyone get's the same amount of attention. in small guilds people have to be much more forward in order to be recognized, it's the same in larger guilds, but there are more people doing the same thing. Smaller guilds aren't better than larger guilds, and larger guilds aren't better than smaller guilds.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

turboturboturbo

Dangerous Genius

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:06 pm
I have no views on this topic... But, I do agree, that not everyone gets equal attention, like everyone responds to Ame No Tenshi's forums, and not as many to others.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:31 pm
Major guilds have problems and minor guilds have problems. But i think that in a Major guild you recieve the same amount of attention as in a Minor guild because you talk to about the same number of people.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

beaulolais

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:34 am
i do believe it is true that in smaller schools students get more individual attention, which can encourage them to do better.

The public school in New York City with the most prominent graduates is the smallest one, in Brooklyn.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games