Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Going through a diffifult time in life...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iAndrewx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 pm
Well...I have been thinking a lot about how i want to pursue my future and I decided that I want to drop out of college and instead go to a vocational school. The school I want to go to instead is Wyotech becuase i want hands-on training right away on cars and I feel that it will help me become more successful in life becuase it will take around 18 months for it.
Also, in the end the tuition fee would be cheaper than my original plan in the end, which is 2 years of community college and then transfer to a 4 year university.
The thing is....how do i tell my parents this?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:04 am
Well, your parents might not think it's the right choice for you but in the end, you are old enough to make these decisions.
You should tell them what you've written here. You've obviously put a lot of thought into it.
Why you feel this choice is the right one for you.
and if it doesn't work out, you can always try the alternate route without already paying huge fees and committing to several years of something you're not happy with.

Goodluck with your schooling. I'm sure your parents will accept your decision  

Gallaghir

Damiensmommy

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:12 pm
i think that regardless of what your parent think you should to what you think is the right thing to do
if your happier with you decision then go for it!
as for what you should tell them...
say what your feeling
if your parents what what is best for you then they should be happy regardless of what your doing
there is no point in wasting money doing something you dont want to do
i know its not much but i hope i helped smile
and feel free to add me as a friend wink
im good at giving advice lol at least i hope so...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:29 pm
Well I told my parents about it all, yeahh....they didn't take it easily.....and my dad just keeps saying i wasted a semester...which I really didn't becuase it actually gave me time to think about my future.  

iAndrewx

Damiensmommy

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:21 pm
let him say what he wants to. im sure YOU know you did the right thing and thats all that really matters!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 am
It is really what I want to do and I'm going for it, my only concern is how I will have 30k to go to the school.
And parents are still a bit pissed at me. ><  

iAndrewx

Kotori82

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:44 pm
Give your parents time, eventually they will cool off and maybe they will help you out.

For right now, get a job and save money or see if they do any finaical aide.

Good Luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:58 am
Like everyone else has said, if you feel it's right for you then don't worry. My brother went to a grad school and dropped out then went somewhere else and dropped out. Now he's in Vegas with his grilfriend, he was a mall security dude, then went to the police academy, dropped out and is now, FINALLY, working as a mechanic. He wants to move back over to the eastern shore and open his own shop. If your parents were made about what you said I can't imagine how they would have acted with my brother =^_^= But they will get over it. I'm sure you can get a low interest student loan for now.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items