Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
I seem to recall writing something like this up in the past.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 pm
But, a wii disc with a special programmed version of red and blue. and a special programmed version of gold and silver. (special programmed as in utilizing both games codes to enable capture of all of the normal capturable pokemon.
And perhaps doing it with Ruby and Sapphire, again, with the special programming. all in Diamond, pearl, and Platinum graphics. (and maybe Colosseum battle graphics.) Of course for the battle graphics it would be customizable such as choosing to have it on and off for: wild battles, trainer battles, gym leader battles, elite four battles, rival battles, and champion battles. (wi-fi battles of course just being set to on)

Perhaps finding a programmable core to enable the games to have a progression standpoint. For example, starting in Gen 1 then moving to gen 2, then gen 3. skipping any of the rereleases and just updating the core graphics of the original games. Then trading from one version to another in the form of a progression (such as having them in the box but unusable until a certain programmed event in each generational game), or simply just having the games separate.

Er, there would be a lot of programming decisions that would have to be made, but, so far their rereleasing of older versions haven't exactly been remakes, as they have been revisiting of older areas.

A game as such would definitely increase revenue, there are many people who haven't played Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Gold, Silver, or Crystal. But still are big time pokemon fans. without too much programming, (simply rearranging the areas and updating graphics with preexisting codes from other games) could reintroduce the game franchise to newer people who haven't played the older games, and at the same time bring some nostalgia to the older pokemon game players by rereleasing the older games with the new graphics that msot people have adjusted to.

tl:dr, they should remake the original games with updated graphics for the wii, without changing anything about the games besides the graphics.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:56 am
I know, I wasn't around when Red, Blue, and Yellow came out, so I would really like to try the original, not Fire red or Leaf Green. I know that they are coming out with remakes of Gold and Silver, possibly Crystal, for the DS  

turboturboturbo

Dangerous Genius

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:53 am
John Laurain
I know, I wasn't around when Red, Blue, and Yellow came out, so I would really like to try the original, not Fire red or Leaf Green. I know that they are coming out with remakes of Gold and Silver, possibly Crystal, for the DS
Not crystal. Gold and silver will get remade with all of the new pokemon added into the games. They don't really remake third games because besides a few small differences, the third game usually isn't that much different from the other two to begin with. It'll be an updated and modernized Gold and Silver, and that'll be that for the remake of that generation.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:58 pm
wellwisher
John Laurain
Not crystal. Gold and silver will get remade with all of the new pokemon added into the games. They don't really remake third games because besides a few small differences, the third game usually isn't that much different from the other two to begin with. It'll be an updated and modernized Gold and Silver, and that'll be that for the remake of that generation.

Well in Crystal, after beating the Elite Four and the rest, you could go to Kanto, I thought.  

turboturboturbo

Dangerous Genius

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

LatteGrande
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:15 pm
John Laurain
wellwisher
John Laurain

Well in Crystal, after beating the Elite Four and the rest, you could go to Kanto, I thought.

That is not only in Crystal, It is in gold and silver as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:17 am
IAmNotAConformer
John Laurain
wellwisher
John Laurain

That is not only in Crystal, It is in gold and silver as well.

Oh… *facepalm* I haven't gotten that far yet in G/S  

turboturboturbo

Dangerous Genius

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers